• swfl
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2013

10-19

Good morning. Saturday hitting the bag.

• paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

You're looking good, and that platform is still amazing to behold.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by swfl View Post
      Good morning. Saturday hitting the bag.

Hey SWFL: Nice video. As you are teaching at your YMCA in Florida, I will think out loud about what I see you doing, and suggestions for teaching. This is how I review and teach and perhaps it will help you with your classes

(0:00 to 0:25)
      Awesome control of Front Fist Rolling (F-Roll) Variations. I see you doing even and odd number rolls and various direction changes and single fist double bumping, as well as a nice bag trap off the Front Straight Punch (FSP). I only heard one "upward" jam of the swivel, indicating a low or late punch. That metal ballhook really lets you hear it.

(0:25 - 0:31)
      Front Double Punch (FDP), lead fist pass thru to Reverse Single Punch (RSP) (FDP ' ' RSP)... Same Right Fist passing through. Looks like your dipping the right fist downward a bit "under the bag" a bit rather than going straight through the belly. I notice this with both fists. That can happen if the fist(s) come from a higher held position to hit "downward" on the bag belly, and then keep going downward to dip under and move behind. Try to emphasize a "straight through" motion of the fist on bag contact. You can really practice this off of Front Fist Rolling (F-Roll). Roll the fists normally pass a fist to one RSP, than return to roll. change fists. This will help groove that straight thru movement. it looks like this: F-Roll ' ' RSP ' ' F-Roll...repeat.

(1:00 - 1:03)
      Really nice Front Double Punch (FDP) - Both Fists pass to Reverse Double Punch (RDP) x3. FDP ' ' RDP. Nice fist positions and movement direction. I don't see you dipping underneath here. Nice control of that combination! Now, after the RDP, pass through to a front Outward or Downward Elbow Technique.

1:13 Nice R-R \ L-L Out & In 4way Elbow Strike (O-I 4way). Now do it with the other arm leading.

1:54 nice bag trap off Front Straight Punch (FSP)

2:00 - 2:03: Nice continuous Front Double Punching (FDP ' ' ' FDP) combo x5

2:05 Nice Reverse Fist Rolling (R-Roll). now, try passing a single fist to the front of the bag, hit a Front Circle Punch FCP), than pass back through to Reverse Fist Rolling, R-Roll ' ' FCP ' ' R-Roll (key: hold other fist behind bag during the pass-thru)
      Also try mixing F-Roll and R-Roll combinations. Try a 5-count Roll. Front-x5 ' ' Reverse x5.

2:29 - 2:35. Listen to what the swivel is telling you and try to notice which fist they happen after.

2:39 nice FSP trap.

2:50 - 2:54 Front Double Punch (FDP) combo, lead fist pass through to Reverse Single Punch (RSP) again, x3.

2:58 single fist bumping x3 with each fist. Nice Control.

3:06 Outward-Triple Elbow Strikes, (O-TES) x2.

I did not see any Front Double Punching (FDP) with the Second Fist Passing through. I see you doing a lot of FDP ' ' RSP ' '.....lead fist. And you did a FDP ' ' Both Fist pass for the FDP ' ' RDP, but I didn't see a FDP ' ' RSP...second fist. You might try some of these.

also, remember anything you do with the fists from the front you can do from the back. So, all these FDP combo's (lead fist, second fist both - pass through) can also be done from the back off the RDP. Just a thought.

Great Progress! Keep working and thanks for teaching others "officially" at your Y. Rogene is making great progress thanks to you.

Hope this helps.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jumpcannon
        Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Yeah! What he said ↑↑↑↑
        Great vid (& platform)
        evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• rehamco1
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2013

good teaching video

watched your video and found that I could learn from it....saw some moves that I would like to be able to do in the near future maybe....thank you for posting it.

Comment

• swfl
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2013

Thank you.

Comment

• swfl
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2013

Good morning and thank you. Yes, it is an Everlast bag.. The neverlast is funny! I have had great luck with these bags, they are fast,light and easy on the body. Must have 10 different types of bags and continue to like this one the best.

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by swfl View Post
                Good morning and thank you. Yes, it is an Everlast bag.. The neverlast is funny! I have had great luck with these bags, they are fast,light and easy on the body. Must have 10 different types of bags and continue to like this one the best.
                Really good punching, you sure are advancing quickly! I think you & I are the only ones who like those 'everhide' bags, although I did beat the crap out of one of them.

They are cheap, light & really bouncy...but it will fray over time. Keep posting your progress, it's fun to watch and if you can, get the camera up to chest height from the side, we can see much better that way.

Bag On!
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...