X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by royalewifcheese View Post
    nice punching, great song and cool shades!
    Thanks royale! Sorry for the late reply... I've been out of the loop these past several weeks. Lots of stress in March — work, family, the loss of a beloved pet, "Kitty" – she was one of my biggest fans ...

I hope to get back in to the swing of things soon. Actually, I just posted a video on You Tube the other day. I had to get out to the woodshed and work off some stress. I'll post it on the forum later today. Thanks again for the nice comment. And I hope to see some more videos from you!
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• speedbag4life
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
      Thanks royale! Sorry for the late reply...
      MsDeville, I'm glad for the late reply, because it put this old thread back into the New Posts area, where I could see it. ~I hadn't logged on in a while, either, until recently. Your video was a pleasure to watch. Great rhythm! Thanks for posting!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by speedbag4life View Post
        MsDeville, I'm glad for the late reply, because it put this old thread back into the New Posts area, where I could see it. ~I hadn't logged on in a while, either, until recently. Your video was a pleasure to watch. Great rhythm! Thanks for posting!
        Hey speedbag4life, you're right, it's been a while since your last posting. It's great to hear from you. Your profile location says you're from Kailua (I lived there as a child – on the corner of Kuukama and Kalaheo – but one of your posts mentioned that you had moved to the Bay Area... Thanks so much for the positive comments. Mahalo.
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• speedbag4life
          • Jun 2007

Hey speedbag4life, you're right, it's been a while since your last posting. It's great to hear from you. Your profile location says you're from Kailua (I lived there as a child – on the corner of Kuukama and Kalaheo – but one of your posts mentioned that you had moved to the Bay Area... Thanks so much for the positive comments. Mahalo.
          Ah yes, Kailua... (sigh). Thanks for the reminder. I just changed my profile location to SF. I was in denial when I first moved here!! It's hard to leave such a beautiful place.

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Here's what I put together. Hope you enjoy it...

OMG MsD... I'm way behind on my video watchin' and commentin' and I just got around to this one.

You are Rockin' it !!!!!

It was so well done , from beginning to end!

And thanks for mentioning the forum, it's always good to advertise!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              OMG MsD... I'm way behind on my video watchin' and commentin' and I just got around to this one.

You are Rockin' it !!!!!

It was so well done , from beginning to end!

And thanks for mentioning the forum, it's always good to advertise!
              I'm not surprised by the fact that you're behind on leisurely viewing on the forum. You're probably spending a lot of your time keeping up with the influx of members to this (awesome!) message board, along with keeping the spammers at bay, etc. I have no idea how message boards work, but I know they don't run themselves. Thanks for being so diligent with this forum.

Now, getting back to ME ... Thanks Tim! I think this is my favorite video, so far. But, then, I think I say this about each one that I make! My hope is to make a video that is without any glitches – one of these days ...

As much as I have enjoyed punching along with the Allman Brothers, I have been captivated by Michael Jackson's music lately. It is fantastic to punch along with. Great beat and rhythm throughout most of his faster songs.

I've been working on my "assignment" presented to me by Roc, and I found a great Jackson song –*"Shake Your Body Down" to listen to while working out. Whew! It's a long one, but, has a really good beat. It makes me want to keep on goin'. This weekend would have been about 6 weeks since his request. Looks like I'm not gonna make that deadline. I hope to get another video out in the next week or two. Thanks so much for the great comments Tim!
              Last edited by MsDeville; 04-12-2011, 01:54 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

• Stubby Holders
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Sep 2011

I missed Micheal Jackson, it is nice to lessen a music while you are punching the punching bag and you can follow the beat of the music.

Comment

• Jake
                  • Mar 2011

I forgot how good this video is. This is the video that started my punch drumming addiction. Thanks MsDeville.
                  Jake

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                    I forgot how good this video is. This is the video that started my punch drumming addiction. Thanks MsDeville.
                    Jake
                    Thank you so much, Jake. Wow, thanks. This is one of my favorites.

I have to say, you have really picked it up in a short time. And you have a great style. You must have a musical background.

Feed the addiction and keep bagging!

Last edited by MsDeville; 01-05-2012, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Sarahlee585
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Jul 2012

Wow!

And I haven't even hit the bag yet! It's still in the trunk! Man, do I have a long way to go! Thanks for your help in making me get it out of the trunk and find someone to get it set up for me! You know the feeling...Do you remember when you first started?

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Sarahlee585 View Post
                        And I haven't even hit the bag yet! It's still in the trunk! Man, do I have a long way to go! Thanks for your help in making me get it out of the trunk and find someone to get it set up for me! You know the feeling...Do you remember when you first started?
                        Hi Sarahlee, and welcome to the forum! Yes, I remember when I first started – it will be 3 years in August. And here is the first video I posted on YouTube. I wanted to have a record of my progress. I figured if I put it "out there" for the world, I would be more inclined to stick to it. Frankly, once I started, I couldn't stop. And, I must admit, getting those first comments from YT viewers might have inspired me just a little. (One of the first comment came from none other than Alan Kahn. What a great feeling it was for me to get a comment from the master himself! Thanks, Alan.)

As you can see, I did indeed improve over time. I got hooked on it quickly. The first 2 years, I was out at the garage nearly every evening, for an hour or more.

It really helped to have my partner, Raul help me get started. His 50+ years experience helped. As I progressed, I found that I LOVED hitting in time to the music. Depending on my mood, I can punch to Michael Jackson or Jack Johnson, jazz, classical, or any good old rock and roll song. Sometimes I wonder what drives me more – the beat of the bag, or the beat of the music. No matter. I'm out there moving my body around, and hopefully it's keeping me from getting lazy and inactive.

Let me make this perfectly clear:

I DO NOT ENJOY EXERCISING.

Speed bagging is not exercise. It's my passion.

My suggestion to you would be to take it slow and easy. Don't let the word "speed" throw you off. The speed comes later. For now, simply start with a controlled punch. Hit once with the right and stop the bag with both hands. Then hit it once with the other fist and stop the bag. Do this until you're comfortable hitting it and then advance to hitting once with the right and then with the left. And don't get discouraged when it goes all whacky when you do a mis-hit. Learn from those mis-hits. Figure out what you did to make it go off track. You'll notice improvement every time you workout. You'll find out within the week if you like it or not.

For me, it did wonders. I suffer from depression, and this is just the ticket for me. If I'm feeling low, I put on my ear buds, and head for the garage. With the first strike of the bag I'm hooked for the next 30-90 minutes. I get a rush of endorphins, which is a great feeling. Now I know why so many people like to exercise.

Anyway, welcome and be sure to come back to the forum for answers to your questions.

BAG ON!

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

.. I put on my ear buds, and head for the garage. With the first strike of the bag I'm hooked for the next 30-90 minutes. I get a rush of endorphins, which is a great feeling. Now I know why so many people like to exercise. BAG ON!
                          Going out to the garage reminds me of a guy that lives and bags by the oceans of hawaii. He bags on the beach and says he often gets a rush of endolphins.

it could happen....
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...