• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

For Whom The Bag Rebounds

Ok I couldn't hold off any longer...I had to try this damn song as it has been playing in my head for weeks...........Gentlemen and Ladies(I know you're there!! Post some vids!!) of the forum I give you my humble attempt at Metallica:

sigpic
  • Roc Stone
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2007

Straight back at ya MD.

Nice 1
    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• spinsmashpop
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Yeah Metaldad! Ok.... a few things....you totally grasp where the beat it and lock in for most of all of your FCP stuff. When you go to FDP you are also pretty locked. When you pass to reverse and back, you are pretty much with the beat. Your fist rolling is a little fast. Just "play" the fist roll onyour thighs or a table when listening to the song. You will see that the "accented" part of fist roll alternates from left to right every beat. If you can feel that, just apply it to the bag so you know that the dominant beat is alternating each time.
      The elbow stuff is another story. That gets into a bigger area of polyrhythm or just trying to "fit it in the beat".
      You have obviously been putting time in. You are learning all the advanced hits pretty quickly.
      Great job....
      And....your singing.... although it is an octave lower than Hetfield's vocal, you are right on pitch! That ain't easy. And you are singing while punch drumming; another feat that ain't so easy to the mere mortal!
      BAGS UP!

Comment

• RenoRattler
        • Sep 2009

Dude......all I can say.....

Comment

• Jordan
          • Jun 2009

Wow, Love it MD, you've really grown in your punch drumming skills...great song choice too.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

MD, I'm well impressed brother!!!!

You've been throwing some practice in and I'm glad you decided to 'go for it', that was pretty entertaining. How's about seeing you on America's Got Talent? Well, with the singing and drumming.....why not? I can just see Piers Morgan head banging and voting you in.

Comment

• The Baggist
              Vert Baggin' Master
              • May 2009

NICE METALDAD, your definitely earning the name!!! I heard there might be a Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax tour coming up!!! You know if this finally happens Hell is gonna freeze over for sure!!!! LoL

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
                NICE METALDAD, your definitely earning the name!!! I heard there might be a Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax tour coming up!!! You know if this finally happens Hell is gonna freeze over for sure!!!! LoL
                I don't that tour is happening. There has been a lot of talk, but Mustaine has grudges and beefs that ultimately turn others off....Metallica would dominate and the others would have to more or less go with their flow. All would benefit but really the other 3 would benefit form being tied into a huge Metallica tour. Metallica needs no one and that's the simple truth.
                There's my metal opinion for the day..... back to baggin'!
                BAGS UP!

Comment

• The Baggist
                  Vert Baggin' Master
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                  I don't that tour is happening. There has been a lot of talk, but Mustaine has grudges and beefs that ultimately turn others off....Metallica would dominate and the others would have to more or less go with their flow. All would benefit but really the other 3 would benefit form being tied into a huge Metallica tour. Metallica needs no one and that's the simple truth.
                  BAGS UP!
                  True That B.T......AGREED,...... but I really don't think ANY band (even Metallica) wants to go on after SLAYER, especially SLAYER with Lombardo!!! ha ha

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

BAGS UP!
                    I wish Dave could truly put the past to rest cuz he really is an amazing underrated songwriter and guitarist. I'm really into Megadeth and dave has matured quite a bit but you're right about the grudges. We could probably debate this all night as I think about Mustaine's name being all over the writng credits on Metallica's early albums(even some credit on "Master"). I wish he didn't turn down the opportunity to get inducted ith Metallica into th RRHOF. He truly must have been a complete d!@k for them to boot him the way they did. I guess I identify with Dave Mustane somewhat cuz I had a similar upbringing. Of course I never turned to heroin..........If all of the forementioned bands could put their egos in check and do a tour. ALL of them pack the place on their own. There's gonna always be fans who are totally in the corner of Metallica nd scoff at the others and vice versa. I love Metallica. "Saint Anger" was not good......at all. Load and Re-load had some catchiness but had that "we got the fever for the flavor of a grammy" vibe Death Magnetic is as close to old school Metallica as you're gonna get...and they finally have a "REAL" bass player again..Robert Trujillio is a GOD!!!!!.....ok I'm rambling

True That B.T......AGREED,...... but I really don't think ANY band (even Metallica) wants to go on after SLAYER, especially SLAYER with Lombardo!!! ha ha
                    You got that right!! Isn't Megadeth touring with Slayer this year? HAS anyone heard "WORLD PAINTED RED " yet?! Slayer, Hatebreed, Shadows Fall, OTEP, Dying Fetus, Divine Heresy, Threat Signal and a bunch othershave new albums out and I've heard tracks off of all them except for Slayer and Dying Fetus and I CAN'T GET THEM ARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!......."Christ Illusion" ruled especially now that Lombardo is back!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

I know Slayer has intense fans and all that.... but.... and I am not saying this because I am a Metallica fanboy... just facts.... Metallica is one of the biggest bands in the world.... They would dominate ticket sales and the reaction they would get from an arena of metalheads would surely put the other bands to shame. The others are great and have great tunes (Symphon Of Destruction, Reign In Blood, Among The Living, etc...) but there is no comparison. I think Metallica would be chillin' backstage while the majority of 20,000 people get psyched for them to hit the stage. Slayer fans would back off the front rows a bit and Metallica would play hit after hit.

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                      He truly must have been a complete d!@k for them to boot him the way they did. I guess I identify with Dave Mustane somewhat cuz I had a similar upbringing. Of course I never turned to heroin..........If all of the forementioned bands could put their egos in check and do a tour. ALL of them pack the place on their own. There's gonna always be fans who are totally in the corner of Metallica nd scoff at the others and vice versa. Robert Trujillio is a GOD!!!!!.....ok I'm rambling
                      You got that right!! Isn't Megadeth touring with Slayer this year? HAS anyone heard "WORLD PAINTED RED " yet?!
                      Oh, by the way. I was in a band called Pride & Glory that featured Zakk Wylde on gtr and vox and James Lomenzo on bass. James and I went on to play with Slash's Snakepit and the I went my way with Foreigner, Ozzy and Billy Idol. James went his way with David Lee Roth, Black Label Society, and now.... Megadeth. He has been their bass player for the past 4 years. They just toured with Slayer, and have more booked. I talked to James last night. He gave me inside gossip and that's as much as I can say.
                      And when I toured with Ozzy, Robert Trujilo was the bass player. Now he is in Metallica. Yes, he is great. Just youtube "Ozzfest 2000" to see clips of the pay-per-view we did......
                      BAG ON!

Comment

• bigpete405
                        • Oct 2009

thats pretty cool. When are you going to do a guns-n-roses song?

Comment

• metaldad
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2007

I know Slayer has intense fans and all that.... but.... and I am not saying this because I am a Metallica fanboy... just facts.... Metallica is one of the biggest bands in the world.... They would dominate ticket sales and the reaction they would get from an arena of metalheads would surely put the other bands to shame. The others are great and have great tunes (Symphon Of Destruction, Reign In Blood, Among The Living, etc...) but there is no comparison. I think Metallica would be chillin' backstage while the majority of 20,000 people get psyched for them to hit the stage. Slayer fans would back off the front rows a bit and Metallica would play hit after hit.

Oh, by the way. I was in a band called Pride & Glory that featured Zakk Wylde on gtr and vox and James Lomenzo on bass. James and I went on to play with Slash's Snakepit and the I went my way with Foreigner, Ozzy and Billy Idol. James went his way with David Lee Roth, Black Label Society, and now.... Megadeth. He has been their bass player for the past 4 years. They just toured with Slayer, and have more booked. I talked to James last night. He gave me inside gossip and that's as much as I can say.
                          And when I toured with Ozzy, Robert Trujilo was the bass player. Now he is in Metallica. Yes, he is great. Just youtube "Ozzfest 2000" to see clips of the pay-per-view we did......
                          BAG ON!
                          Damn I forgot you metioned that awhile back!!Shoot me now. I'm totally stoked about you playing with Zakk wylde who is the Les Paul Pentatonic ripping MASTER!!!! And yes I have the "That One Night" DVD with Megadeth in Buenos Aires with James on bass which means he has played on Blackmail The Universe, United Abominations, and Endgame. I have seeen the Youtube video of the Ozzy show, which puts you in three bands with Zakk Wylde. I remember seeing Suicidal Tendencies, with Metallica, and Danzig(John Christ's last tour with Danzig) and was blown away, Robert Trujillio can be straight up funky or go balls out metal!! Okay here's the query......do you think they should redo ...And Justice For All with bass parts you can actually hear? I think Robert would FREAKIN' KILL! Too bad I can't get to see them live. BLS rules!!
                          Originally posted by bigpete405 View Post
                          thats pretty cool. When are you going to do a guns-n-roses song?
                          when I get a new copy of APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION lol
                          Last edited by metaldad; 10-24-2009, 10:19 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• The Baggist
                            Vert Baggin' Master
                            • May 2009

Your right B.T....I guess I'm one of those pre '91 Metallica fans that kinda felt betrayed for some reason, and was even more turned off when that "Some Kinda Monster" reallity whore crap came out but I guess its time to seek counseling for alcahollica and get over it!!! CLIFF EM ALL...oops there it goes again
                            HEY METALDAD is that Metallica, Danzig, S.T. show your talkin about, the one where Alice in Chains was supposed to play and cancelled the tour....If so you guys got Danzig and in Sacramento we got Candlebox instead. Suicidal Tendencies and Trujillo put on an amazing show!!!!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                              Okay here's the query......do you think they should redo ...And Justice For All with bass parts you can actually hear? I think Robert would FREAKIN' KILL!
                              If they did, they should just re e.q. Jason Newsted's existing bass parts. Don't have someone come in 20 years later and try to capture the vibe.... I think that's wrong (see Sharon Osbourne having Trujillo and Bordin redo the drums and bass on Blizzard and Diary...).
                              I'm sure they can get the existing bass sounding great.
                              But... if they did that... I would want that as a bonus cd...two for one.... because once a record is mixed and released it should stay that way. Although, some remixes and remasters have been cool. (VH, Zep, Beatles)..
                              But, remixing is a bigger deal than remastering. As long as they don't change the gtrs and drums and vocals that are there, I could hang with more bass...
                              But only the original tracks please!
                              BANG ON!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...