X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wattsnot
    • May 2007

Marine song

I would like some help in finding a song with a Marine cadence/song to learn to punch to. I have two sons in the Marine Corps. My youngest son is deploying this spring and is coming home this Christmas. I would like to be able to punch to a Marine song. I am a beginner and have time now because I am laid off MI (auto related worker). Vidios would be great from anyone. Alan, I would be honored if you could find the time to do this. Thanks to a great site.
    Dennis

Former Navy 75-79 both boys didn't want anything to do with that. I am still proud of them.
  • Kaju Dog
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by wattsnot View Post
    I would like some help in finding a song with a Marine cadence/song to learn to punch to. I have two sons in the Marine Corps. My youngest son is deploying this spring and is coming home this Christmas. I would like to be able to punch to a Marine song. I am a beginner and have time now because I am laid off MI (auto related worker). Vidios would be great from anyone. Alan, I would be honored if you could find the time to do this. Thanks to a great site.
    Dennis

Former Navy 75-79 both boys didn't want anything to do with that. I am still proud of them.
    Great idea. "Semper Fidelis - Semper Fortis"

Please pass along my respect and grattitude to your Sons and thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Who are they stationed with? I was with 3/2 and now work at NAS Lemoore Naval Hospital.

Got Brothers on East and West Coast.

I'll see what I can find...

In the mean time, heres a quick find... Im sure some others here can help also.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by Kaju Dog; 09-07-2009, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• wattsnot
      • May 2007

Thanks, The old one "20 years old" is a MP in Yuma and his yonger brother is in 29 Plams. Thanks for any help

Comment

• Kaju Dog
        • Jul 2009

Thanks, The old one "20 years old" is a MP in Yuma and his yonger brother is in 29 Plams. Thanks for any help
        Ahhh, 29 Stumps! goodtimes... Been there, done that.

Best wishes to you all.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Dennis

the very first song I ever hit to on video tape was from the original Rocky soundtrack Marine Hymm Yankee Doodle. I was cadence punching, playing drum cadences in my head to yankee doodle dandy, punching the bag, and it hit me: "I HAVE THAT SONG on the Rocky Soundtract!" So I went and got the tape, set up the tape player and play it. When I started punching to it I instantly heard how that particular beat worked with music. That was my watershed moment, for after that I start training almost exclusively with music.

You can punch to most Sousa Marches in a very strick straight time method, or you can use the more syncopated punching combinations, depending on your mood or purpose. If YOU want to punch to it, I'd stick with the easier basic rhythm punching style.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• wattsnot
            • May 2007

What is the chance that you have that video? If you don't how about a updated version!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

What is the chance that you have that video? If you don't how about a updated version!
              The Chances are pretty good that I have an updated video of Punch Drumming to Marine Hymn Yankee Doodle I can post for you. Nothing fancy. The Sound was a bit loud on the first song and I turn it down a bit for the second. That is a Boxing Gear metal ballhook swivel.

Last edited by Speedbag; 09-09-2009, 06:36 AM.
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I have two sons in the Marine Corps. My youngest son is deploying this spring and is coming home this Christmas.
                Thank you to yourself and your sons. I hope all goes well with your youngest's deployment.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                The Chances are pretty good that I have an updated video of Punch Drumming to Marine Hymn Yankee Doodle I can post for you. Nothing fancy. The Sound was a bit loud on the first song and I turn it down a bit for the second. That is a metal ballhook swivel.
                Alan, as usual that was fantastic.

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

AK comes through again.

I'm always amazed at your ability to punch drum to any music genre. Nice job, and thanks for giving us some insight into your punch drumming history.
                  Last edited by Biff; 09-09-2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• wattsnot
                    • May 2007

Thanks Alan,

Great video. Now I will start to practice. FCP FCP FCP. Thanks again.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Thanks Alan,

Great video. Now I will start to practice. FCP FCP FCP. Thanks again.
                      You CAN do it!
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                        The Chances are pretty good that I have an updated video of Punch Drumming to Marine Hymn Yankee Doodle I can post for you. Nothing fancy. The Sound was a bit loud on the first song and I turn it down a bit for the second. That is a Boxing Gear metal ballhook swivel.

Wizard job as always Speedbag! Nice and groovy!
                        Always inspirational!
                        BAG ON!

Comment

• wattsnot
                          • May 2007

Started to train

You tube. What a learning experience!!! Bought a video camera. Taped for the first time and hopefully you can see this. Be nice! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LwCf214JjM

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

You tube. What a learning experience!!! Bought a video camera. Taped for the first time and hopefully you can see this. Be nice! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LwCf214JjM
                            Nice job, punching real steady for over 3 minutes is pretty tough. Good job. Form, arm position and swing etc. All look good. Love the Rival bags.
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Nov 2007

Very nice! Looks like your going to be a great bagger mate! I have the same Rival bag as you, good choice of bags.

Vini

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...