• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Member Discount Speed Bag Bible - Discount for members

You can buy an AUTOGRAPHED copy of Alan Kahn's Speed Bag Bible book and 2 hr training program DVD for only $20 (This is a fantastic discount on what is the definitive speed bag training course). You may order the four DVD series for $40. To order, please contact forum member "speedbag" (Alan Kahn) via private message (PM) or use this link to e-mail Alan: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...mailmember&u=6

Last edited by Tim; 01-13-2009, 07:08 AM. Reason: Added image
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

No joke! This is an amazing deal! You get more than enough info which touches on every aspect of speed bagging! Alan makes it fun, easy and informative all in very organized fashion!

Order now and get hip!
    BAG ON!

Comment

• Jordan
      • Jun 2009

couldn't have said it better myself....totally worth it.

Comment

• MikeTarheel
        • Sep 2009

Hello, Fellows: I would like to participate in the forum and purchase Alan's book/cd to start. I have sent him a PM. Thanks for making this forum available to us 'beginners'. I am quite thrilled to be able to participate and learn from you guys.

Thanks,
        Mike

Comment

• Kyle
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by MikeTarheel View Post
          Hello, Fellows: I would like to participate in the forum and purchase Alan's book/cd to start. I have sent him a PM. Thanks for making this forum available to us 'beginners'. I am quite thrilled to be able to participate and learn from you guys.

Thanks,
          Mike
          nice purchase! and u found the right place to learn. u will find ur skills growing very fast and wanna bag more and more. welcome to the addiction!

Comment

• MikeTarheel
            • Sep 2009

I just received my Speed Bag Bible and DVD in today's mail - WOW! I am IMPRESSED. I have read up to the all-important Chapter 3, but now I have to get back to work .

I got the swivel two days ago and have it up and ready. The new swivel Alan suggested is superior to the Everlast/chain link swivel I've had because the new ball-hook seems to provide much more fluid motion - already I can keep the bag going much longer. I will delve into the book and try to correct any bad habits.

Count me as Another who Highly Recommends the acquisition of this book/dvd set!! It seems VERY COMPREHENSIVE and VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT. I look forward to learning the techniques and discussing on the forum. Thanks, Alan.

Comment

• goju
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MikeTarheel View Post
              The new swivel Alan suggested is superior to the Everlast/chain link swivel I've had because the new ball-hook seems to provide much more fluid motion Thanks, Alan.
              Hey mike, what ball hook swivel are you using ?

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by goju View Post
                Hey mike, what ball hook swivel are you using ?
                Sorry I didn't get right back to you, go: it's this one which Alan suggested and I already swear by it: http://www.fitness-equipment.com/aca...ystems_30.html

Third photo down - Triple Chrome Plated Precision Ball Swivel all Steel Construction.

As suggested I ordered the Short Hook and I purchased the extra ball for the time that will come to replace the little ball inside - God Willing!!

I don't know how to use the USER CP function on the forum so I can access my prior posts. I'm new and trying to figure it out - but I'm also working and --- reading the SBB, which is No Reader's Digest Version!! I've got things bouncing around in my head I never thought I would!!

Comment

• goju
                  • Aug 2009

Thanks mike.. just as went to order one... they wanted $77.19 to ship to the Uk.. they can go *"^!.... even dick turpin wore a mask im gutted, as i so would like a metal ball hook.. you CANT even get a plastic ball hook in the Uk let alone a good metal one

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                    • Sep 2009

Thanks mike.. just as went to order one... they wanted $77.19 to ship to the Uk.. they can go *"^!.... even dick turpin wore a mask im gutted, as i so would like a metal ball hook.. you CANT even get a plastic ball hook in the Uk let alone a good metal one
                    Maybe I could order it and ship it to you for much less? (cost) I do recommend, as Alan advised me, you get the 'shorter hook' (which I did) and go ahead and get the replacement ball (it's another $6 or so) because having that other ball could avoid replacement issues/shipping for it later. It was also weird they charged me tax which is not usual on the internet purchases I conduct.

It comes in a simple box with no directions, but it's... very well constructed. I'm quite pleased with it (putting it mildly, I'm thrilled with it). Please advise if I could help you with obtaining one because I will. That shipping rate is ridiculous - it's a very small box.

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                      • Sep 2009

I have called the local post office to inquire about their Flat Rate Shipping to UK.

I am looking at the receipt I received from the vendor. Here would be your cost:

Swivel: $22.99
                      Extra Ball: $6.90
                      NC Sales Tax: $2.90
                      Shipping: $8.60
                      TOTAL = $41.19

Then I could ship it to you @ $12.95 - takes 6-10 days

So your total cost would be: $54.14

I will purchase it and you can send me a check upon your receipt of the swivel if you like. Please advise.

I can fax the current receipt if you like. And will include the receipts/postal receipts in the box I send to you.

It's a Fine Swivel and if you would like to have one I would like to help. This is a cheaper route.

Thanks,
                      Mike

Comment

• fingers
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • May 2008

Sorry to but in guys!! but mark the package "gift" or the British customs could open it and charge import tax i once ended up paying £65 for a £18 6x4 everlast bag i think it helps if it is sent from one private address to another, hope this helps,Fingers.

Comment

• goju
                          • Aug 2009

Hey mike.. such a kind offer..i will have to confirm with the wife.. but no doubt i will take you up on that. Thank you very kindly mate.. 5 bags for you fella

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                            • Sep 2009

Hey mike.. such a kind offer..i will have to confirm with the wife.. but no doubt i will take you up on that. Thank you very kindly mate.. 5 bags for you fella
                            Okay, but please PM me when you do because I have a hard time finding my previous posts because I can't figure out how to use the USERCP on the forum.

I can order it whenever you like, today if you like. I will keep note of which thread this is.

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                              Sorry to but in guys!! but mark the package "gift" or the British customs could open it and charge import tax i once ended up paying £65 for a £18 6x4 everlast bag i think it helps if it is sent from one private address to another, hope this helps,Fingers.
                              Will Do - Good Note.

I recently sent a box of Soups, Salsas and Sauces to a friend in Calgary, Alberta. It had to go through customs and he told me he thought they might have confiscated it for themselves (they require I declared exactly what was in the box). It took... I think it was 16 days... but he did get it. There are different forms you have to fill out at the Post Office for International.

But that was FOOD and it made it through. This should go easier: SPEED BAG SWIVEL. Nobody in their Right Mind, I figure, would alter the progress of this necessary device.

I ship stuff out to friends all the time, but your advice here will be utilized and is Duly Noted. Thanks.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...