X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aad03

• Jan 2010

Modified Balazs Drum

Here's the debut of my customized Balazs drum. I made it yesterday, very simple to do if anyone else wants to do something like this. The lighting in the video makes the board look darker than it really is, so I included a photo as well.

Attached Files
  • aad03

• Jan 2010

BTW, there are no stickers on the board, it is all painted.

I painted a Balazs board white, let it dry, then applied an A&M decal, and some alphabet stickers. Then, I painted the whole thing maroon. After that dried, I peeled off the decals to reveal the white paint underneath. Then I sprayed a clear coat over it all, hopefully to prevent it from wearing down.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2010

Solid Set up you got there aad.....Nice job on the A&M lettering! Looks Great!
      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Bagster
        • Feb 2011

Looks cool.

That just gave me an idea for a wood finshed one. Brand it in there with those minature branding irons you can get for your steaks, lol.
        Bagster

Comment

• Inkspill
          • Dec 2010

That's looking pretty good. Crisp script

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
            BTW, there are no stickers on the board, it is all painted.

I painted a Balazs board white, let it dry, then applied an A&M decal, and some alphabet stickers. Then, I painted the whole thing maroon. After that dried, I peeled off the decals to reveal the white paint underneath. Then I sprayed a clear coat over it all, hopefully to prevent it from wearing down.
            Alphabet stickers - cool .. had not thought of that. Where did you get those from? Simple solution to the problem and it looks great!

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

I got them from Michael's in the scrapbooking section. I used those puffy 3D letters because that's all I could find, but they turned out to work better because they were easier to peel off. It only took me about 30 minutes of actual work, most of the time was just waiting for the paint to dry.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...