• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 52beginner
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2009

Here is my setup!

Here is my setup!

Also a video of my end of week 2 speed bag training!

Attached Files
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hey AG,

Like I posted on youtube, your really shoulder punching, and pumping the arms up and down a lot rather than circling with the elbow. Trying hitting 8-10 times in a row with the same hand. Keep the elbow up and pivot from the elbows. Hold the arms and elbows up to make that easier.

Good luck and your looking good. Nice set up by the way.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Roc Stone
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2007

Dang! That aint bad for 2 weeks.

When L & R basic punching allow your fists to recede right back to between your ear and your shoulder. It might help also if get some motion in those shoulders too, get them swinging back and forth.
      sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• 52beginner
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jan 2009

Thanks for the tips.

I am trying to keep my elbows up but they seem to slowly find ther way back down. I think part of it is my shoulders are sore and they burn while I am trying to keep my elbows up. After I get used to the motion I hope the burning will go away.

Comment

• Kyle
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by 52beginner View Post
          Thanks for the tips.

I am trying to keep my elbows up but they seem to slowly find ther way back down. I think part of it is my shoulders are sore and they burn while I am trying to keep my elbows up. After I get used to the motion I hope the burning will go away.
          your stamina will build and the burning will always be there but it will just take longer to get there. but agree with what everyone has said so far plus try make your movements more smooth...ur trying to time it rather than just hit with the rhythm but you get all that with time under the board
          ________
          Ass Live
          Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:46 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by 52beginner View Post
            Thanks for the tips.

After 20 years or so, you'll barely notice it.

just kidding. With time you will find it lessening in severity and then with the elbow strikes you'll learn to move the shoulders a bit more to relieve it . The burning is lactic acid indicating the muscle is fatigueing, but as your fitness level increases it take longer and longer to "burn".
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...