• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedboy
    • Feb 2006

my speedbag clip

i have finally made a little clip of my "poor" techniques :rolleyes

just click on "file download"

what do you think? my bag isn't a little bit slow? and when i hit the title side of the speedbag it slow down and roll to return in a good position i dont understand!

byeeeeeee
    Last edited by speedboy; 03-16-2006, 10:24 AM.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I think you are too hard on yourself, you're pretty good!

The bag looks like it may be a little too low actually. It's harder to do the passthrough when the bag is that low. You're upper arm is actually angled down a bit, which tells met it might be too low. I have my bag about an inch higher, maybe two.

I did a pause in a frame where the bag is straight down and it looks like the "title" tag on the bag is at mouth level. You want the belly of the bag (fattest part) at mouth level.

Can that platform adjust up a little more?

Nice splitting the fists (alternating hitting the back and the front with the hands) too... I can't do that one yet

Comment

• speedboy
      • Feb 2006

thank you for your comments

tha bag is too high for me: in the clip im on a gym stepper i know the bag is a little bit lower in the clip i will arrange that! but i dont know why the bag isnt a little more dynamic and faster

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

FYI to anyone trying to view this clip , you may need this codec:

aziendeassociate.it is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, aziendeassociate.it has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Go to that page and download the last file, it's an exe, it will install, and then you will be able to view the video.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Speed bag analysis

Originally posted by speedboy
          thank you for your comments

tha bag is too high for me: in the clip im on a gym stepper i know the bag is a little bit lower in the clip i will arrange that! but i dont know why the bag isnt a little more dynamic and faster
          Tim is right in noticing the bag is a little low, and it causes you to swing in a slightly downward angle. But Your upper arm (shoulder to elbow) is held very good. (for a one hand demo..) Getting the belly to the correct position will help you - But I don't think that is your biggest problem. The sound of the bag and rebound movement indicates your hand is not making good contact during the stroke. I hear it slipping on many pass throughs. Several issues can cause this problem, and I believe in your case your fist is normally making contact well below the belly on the downward slope of the bags bottom. This makes a weak contact, and when you bring your fist back from the other side, you make contact a little "early" in the rebound. So, then the bag is a little to high, and you again make contact very near the bottom of the bag. Although the sound is slightly out of sync in the clip, I can clearly hear you glove slide occassionally (off the bottom of the bag). That is why you stopped 3 or 4 times. Your hand was missing the bag underneath, and the bag stopped. Forget bag height, arm position for a moment, and simply watch where your right fist connects. Sometimes you are almost hitting the air nozzle.

Suggestion: Don't overthink it. You have good body position, your swing movement is clean and pretty smooth. Notice, during your split fist, your left was in front, and right was behind. At this point, both fists were hitting higher up toward the belly of the bag and both fists were making better contact with the bag. The sound and bag movement is better. When you switch to the figure 8 pass, your right fist again dropped toward the bottom of the bag. So, simply raise your fist up an about an inch on the bag during your pass through "figure 8" motion. Aim at the belly, go straight out (through it..) and straight back.
          Check out video clip #3 here speed bag combination #3 - single fist linking, and notice my contact is on the belly, not at the bottom.

I also notice your circular punching motion is "up and down" a little to severely. Particularly on your Reverse Single Punching during the split fist. Try and swing a little more into the bag belly, not just down on the back area. Your reverse fist will come to the front area of the bag after contact, but don't worry about it. You do not have to keep the reverse fist completely behind the bag. Check out video clip #4, Split Fist combination #4 and notice my left fist (hitting reverse punches) makes contact and almost comes to my chest. It only has to be behind the bag at contact.

I suggest you practice Reverse Single Punching quite a bit, (both arms...) and learn to find the sweet spot behind the bag. That will help your split fist and reverse punching.

Over all, good job. Clean up your bag contact and your speed will improve.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• speedboy
            • Feb 2006

thanks alan!! you are very disponible!!

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

speed bag video

Originally posted by speedboy
              thanks alan!! you are very disponible!!
              ...disponible?

I'm hoping that's a good thing...
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• speedboy
                • Feb 2006

lol scuse me my english is bad. maybe "helpful" is the correct expression

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...