X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedBagScissorhands
    Spin Master

• Aug 2008

haha no doubt kid! im gonna pick up a super HIGH DEF camera soon and make killer stuff!

Comment

• Kyle
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
      Metaldad no problem brother!! Honestly the platform you have now isone of the best i have punched on. I bought my dad a 800.00 one for his 50th Bday and guess what its about the same other then being much larger. But stability wise its the same as the 120.00 everlast platform.

As far as you SPEEDBAGSCISSORHANDS you are right we are both crazy dude with a CRAZY IMAGINATION im still looking forward to gettin together to do the ULTIMATE SPOOF. maybe when speedbag 2010 comes along we can all be a part of a spoof. omg. will be great!!
      maybe u guys could include everyone at speedbag 2010 in a ultimate speed bag forum spoof!!!

Originally posted by SpeedBagScissorhands View Post
      haha no doubt kid! im gonna pick up a super HIGH DEF camera soon and make killer stuff!
      cant wait
      ________
      GLASS WEED PIPE
      Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

.. When you are ready to learn some new tricks it will be to your best benifit to SETTLE DOWN and relaz a little more ...Skunk
        Skunk is absolutely right about relaxing a bit more. You look a bit stiff and muscled (gee, do ya think... ) when you're punching, "trying" to go fast. I think that is why you have a hard, downward arc to some of your punching. Trying to go fast by hitting hard will make you tense up and look stiff. Watch skunk when he's rippin' and notice his arms look relaxed like a bull whip, not stiff poles. It's not easy to "relax" and stay loose when your flying full speed around the bag, but it's the best way to get faster, flexing only the muscles required for action keeping the others loose.
        Last edited by Speedbag; 09-01-2009, 11:07 AM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• goju
          • Aug 2009

Awsome stuff MD, keep it up fella. Also some great tips from everone which ill be taking note as well.

Comment

• fingers
            Speed Bag Guru
            • May 2008

Nice work Metal dad!! those big arms can move pretty fast best wishes from the UK.

Comment

• Jordan
              • Jun 2009

Way to go metal...lookin good bro.

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                Skunk is absolutely right about relaxing a bit more. You look a bit stiff and muscled (gee, do ya think... ) when you're punching, "trying" to go fast. I think that is why you have a hard, downward arc to some of your punching. Trying to go fast by hitting hard will make you tense up and look stiff. Watch skunk when he's rippin' and notice his arms look relaxed like a bull whip, not stiff poles. It's not easy to "relax" and stay loose when your flying full speed around the bag, but it's the best way to get faster, flexing only the muscles required for action keeping the others loose.
                Thanks Alan. I started slowing down a bit and making bigger arcs instead of hitting so heavy handed......hard habit to break I must admit lol. I took some more video and see that I still need to "chill" a bit, especially with elbows....all things in time with practice.

Originally posted by goju View Post
                Awsome stuff MD, keep it up fella. Also some great tips from everone which ill be taking note as well.
                Thanks goju, the gang here at the forum REALLY know their stuff! If you want to get better, this is the place to be!!

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                Nice work Metal dad!! those big arms can move pretty fast best wishes from the UK.
                Thanks fingers!! Great to hear from you again!!How ya been?

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                Way to go metal...lookin good bro.
                Thanks Jordan looking for more footage of you too!!

Thanks so much for checking out my stuff everybody!! I was super nervous at first, but now I'm like an addict lol! My wife thinks I've lost my mind lol, gotta keep myself from going camera crazy.....maybe that's why it took so long lol!
                Last edited by metaldad; 09-01-2009, 03:48 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• Tim
                  Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

OHHHH snap!! look at that bad mama jama tear up the bag. Looks like POWER is in them hands.
                  Yep, good hitting with power and a fast pace. Great workout.

I'm partial to the side view, because that's how I do most of my video.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                    ..Thanks so much for checking out my stuff everybody!! I was super nervous at first, but now I'm like an addict lol! My wife thinks I've lost my mind lol, gotta keep myself from going camera crazy.....maybe that's why it took so long lol!
                    No need to fear us, big guy. We're here to help, NO trolls allowed. You can delete the stupid BS comments from your own youtube web videos, and you can bet TIM will delete any inappropriate or stupid statements from the forum. There will be NO personal negativity allowed.
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kaju Dog
                      • Jul 2009

Cheers to all you loyal Speed Baggers!

No need to fear us, big guy. We're here to help, NO trolls allowed. You can delete the stupid BS comments from your own youtube web videos, and you can bet TIM will delete any inappropriate or stupid statements from the forum. There will be NO personal negativity allowed.
                      Hats off to both of you. I respect what you both have to say in this comment.

Im anxious to post a clip of my inferior SB skills. Im not the worst but far,far from the caliber of the gentlemen on this forum.

Im eager to develop my SB skills and this forum has proven to be a very good source of knowledge and guidance.

I hope to have the confidence to post something soon for all to give constructive critisism.

Woof,
                      Dean (Always a student first)

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Kaju Dog View Post

Im anxious to post a clip of my inferior SB skills. Im not the worst but far,far from the caliber of the gentlemen on this forum.

Im eager to develop my SB skills and this forum has proven to be a very good source of knowledge and guidance.

I hope to have the confidence to post something soon for all to give constructive critisism.

Woof,
                        Kaju Dog, If you want the tutuorial help of myself and the other talented baggers on the board, then post your video(s). We will be glad to help. I think this is one of the finest "live" tutorial sites on the net, with qualified reviewers ready to offer help. It makes no difference what level your skills are, because you can always be better. I look forward to helping you.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• deano
                          Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

42 and going strong

hey metal,good to see you paid your electricity bill for this video you were
                          punching in the dark.youve got areal good kit of punches and combos ,and will improve quickly now.sometimes i throw in a little bit of footwork when punching and that seems to relax the top half, it can add heaps to the work out on even the most basic punches and when you are able to punch with
                          footwork and go back to standing flat, it will seem easy. so keep paying the electric bill and posting more video, your going like a house on fire
                          all the best deano

Comment

• metaldad
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                            Yep, good hitting with power and a fast pace. Great workout.

I'm partial to the side view, because that's how I do most of my video.
                            I really like doing F-ROLLS at an extremely fast pace for the endurance workout....man do the arms BURN when doing them that way!!

Thanks Alan...you're all such classy guys and this is really boosting my confidence God bless you both Alan and Tim, this is a great thing you do here.

Originally posted by Kaju Dog View Post

Woof,
                            Sometimes ya just gotta say what the heck and put one up...the worst that could happen is someone here helps you improve by leaps and bounds ...Semper Fi!!

Originally posted by deano View Post
                            hey metal,good to see you paid your electricity bill for this video you were
                            punching in the dark.youve got areal good kit of punches and combos ,and will improve quickly now.sometimes i throw in a little bit of footwork when punching and that seems to relax the top half, it can add heaps to the work out on even the most basic punches and when you are able to punch with
                            footwork and go back to standing flat, it will seem easy. so keep paying the electric bill and posting more video, your going like a house on fire
                            all the best deano
                            Thanks deano, ComEd hasn't shut me off yet! lol. I try footwork sometimes, I try going completely around the platform, but with the wall in the way , I'm forced to improvise. I'm seriously motivated to get to the garage and an get hitting. But first come rest. Gonna put up more footage soon...........
                            sigpic

Comment

• Jordan
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                              Thanks fingers!! Great to hear from you again!!How ya been?

Thanks Jordan looking for more footage of you too!!
                              Yeah I suppose its time to put up some vids...I'll see what I can do

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                                Speed Bag Guru
                                • Nov 2007

Nice work MD! At last we can see you hit, looking forward to more.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...