• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mkvtte92
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2006

One Step At A Time.......

Sorry I have not posted in a while guys, I've been real busy. But I'm still practicing my Speedbag, drills and trying to apply all the advice you all have given me. Anymore advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mike

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Speed bag progress of Mkvtte92

Mkvtte92, You're progressing nicely! Basic Rhythm is solid and consistent, even at higher speeds. I didn't hear or see you struggling to keep up. Hands and elbow positions looked good, making small crisp movements. Front Double Punches were noted leading with both sides, and the single and double fist passes looked pretty solid. Did not see any Front or Reverse fist rolling, but maybe they are not of interest.

Suggestion: As an extension of your single elbow strikes, you might let the fist extend into the bag after the your elbow hits - making it a "double" elbow (two parts connect in the technique). It is actually pretty easy and allows your fist to make final contact, keeping the speed and power up to your established speed. The single elbow alone tends to slow the bag down a bit, because they don't normally push the bag with the same force as the fist does.

great work. Keep it up
    Last edited by Speedbag; 06-24-2006, 07:16 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Nice FDP.

You've got some great transitioning left to right on the first clip too... very seamless. I need to work on moving a little more fluidly from one fist to the other. Especially on ad-hoc sequences.

Comment

• Mkvtte92
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • May 2006

Speedbag

Thanks for the tip on the elbow strike. After reading your reply, I immediatly went out in the garage and tried it. Your right!!!! The fist seems to flow right into the bag for a clean strike!!! I'm very excited about this new move and will keep you posted on my progress.
        Thanks Mike

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

speed bag

Well, if allowing the SAME fist follow into the bag is easy for you, Why not let BOTH fists join with the elbow and make it a TRIPLE (3 parts hit the bag with one rebound in between...)

and the best part is: You are already doing it, but just need to change you Point of View on exactly what you are doing so you will connect the dots.

EVERY technique that has several parts includes OTHER techniques within that you are already doing.

An Outward-Triple Elbow Strike (OTES), includes a Front Circle Punch (FCP), a Front Straight Punch (FSP), a Front Double Punch (FDP), the Outward-Single Elbow Strike (OSES) and the Outward Double Elbow Strike (ODES). Check out Combination video clip #7 and you will see all those individual techniques in the motions.

Now consider you are already doing ALL of those individual techniques. Your two video clips already show you doing each individually. Now, just put them together. The only missing element is timing, and that will be easy IF you make the motion ONE move, and forget about 2 or 3 individual techniques that create it. Joined together, they become ONE MOTION.

I find it easier to view (and teach) the OUTWARD Triple ES (OTES) as: a Front Double Punch (FDP) with an outward elbow in the front. You are already doing very nice FDP, alternate arm leading. Just back your FDP movement up a tad (torso twist) to allow the same side elbow of your leading fist to position in front of your nose, Then, do simply do your FDP motion, letting the elbow hit first. The bag will hit the elbow, lead fist, then second fist. (e-f-f) with one rebound inbetween. You are already doing all of that. Simply do them together. (* for those with the "Bible", you will recognize the "e-f-f" as the third line under the technique abbreviations. That is why I put it there - to show the order of contact)

Now, Do the same thing on the DOWNWARD Triple elbow Strike (DTES) but this time, your Front Double Punch will have the elbow in the middle of the fists, in a Fist-Elbow-Fist order (f-e-f). (* see video clip #5) You are already doing that individually also.

and now for the big surprise. The last fist of either of those Triple elbow strikes can easily pass through the bag to a Reverse Single Punch (RSP) behind that bag after it connects in the front. Mike, You are already doing THAT also with your single AND Double Fist pass throughs. The motion is exactly the same, it just continues from the Elbow strike. As soon as the last fist (or both, since you Can Do FDP ' ' RDP) just extend them out and back after the elbow combo. Again, the only secret is Timing. You already are doing the movements. Don't change a thing. You don't have to go "faster" or "slower" or alter your swing. If your timing is correct, the bag will do exactly what it is supposed to, and you will say: "boy was that easy...."

Didn't know you were already so advanced, did ya?

trust me on this: You are all already better than you know. Simply connect most of your individual movements as ONE movement and you will find many more techniques and combinations within yourself.
          Last edited by Speedbag; 06-25-2006, 12:48 PM.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...