• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yama
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2009

what do you think of this setup Lonsdale pro

hello dear friends,

I am a new member and bagger, looking for a quality speedbag setup. I live in the Netherlands, not really a boxing loving country anymore unfortunately, so I couldnt find anyhthing in the local sport shops. I have been looking around the internet, and I came across beside this nice forum, the following platform: http://www.sugarrays.co.uk/shop/lons...platform..html

Does anyone have experience with this platform? the design looks really nice and solid, but is it worth the money? or can I get for the same money a better one? really would apreciate your views,

thx
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hello Yama and welcome. We love our Netherland bag brothers and have numerous members in that area of the world.

I do think we have a few folks that have used that particular rebound board and stated it was pretty solid. I can't find the thread at this moment, but I do think it was a member here so hopefully someone will have first hand knowledge for you.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• atgatt
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Never seen that one before but it sure looks nice.

There are a lot of fixed platforms that are cheaper and a decent amount that are adjustable too that are cheaper.

I couldn't find any reviews on that platform either so I have no idea how solid it is.

I'll let others chime in.

Happy hitting. You'll love it and this is a great forum about it.

Comment

• Jordan
        • Jun 2009

I can't say anything about from personal experience but just looking at it, it would appear somewhat unstable to me. The areas of the board that the bag would hit dont appear to really have any support structure to absorb impact. Also, the board itself doesn't really look that thick, which I would assume would make vibration and noise a big issue. So again, although I cant tell you for sure, from appearances and basic physics, my personal opinion would be that it doesnt look too sturdy. Hope that helps :P

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by yama View Post
          hello dear friends,

I am a new member and bagger, looking for a quality speedbag setup. I live in the Netherlands, not really a boxing loving country anymore unfortunately, so I couldnt find anyhthing in the local sport shops. I have been looking around the internet, and I came across beside this nice forum, the following platform: http://www.sugarrays.co.uk/shop/lons...platform..html

Does anyone have experience with this platform? the design looks really nice and solid, but is it worth the money? or can I get for the same money a better one? really would apreciate your views,

thx
          Hi and welcome! As a speedbag novice myself I definitely can say that I have NEVER seen that particular style, but it looks intersting. Like atgatt mentioned, you can probably find some that are just as good if not better for a bit cheaper. Have you checked out Everlast.com or Titleboxing.com?
          sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...