Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • INDYFIGHTER
    • Sep 2006

It was a little hard to get the bags on and off the hook on my new swivel so I opened it up just a little. Now the smaller bag fits perfectly and stays put but I had my larger bag, witch has a longer and more narrow loop, comes flying off. Not alot, only after I miss a hit and hit the bottom of the bag. Didn't bother me much. Maybe happened three times last night. I'm thinking it's worth it to be able to switch bags quickly which I did several times last night.

Comment

• INDYFIGHTER
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
      I mostly punch my 8x11 and 10x12 because they are heavier and I get a tremendous amount of satisfaction of really hitting hard on the larger heavier bags without them going out of control.
      Seemed like after hitting my bigger bag awhile I was flying with the smaller bag. Chris M, do you or did you ever box? I don't I'm just asking. I was sparring in a gym awhile and loved it except for the black eyes. But I got away from it and started smoking again. That was some of the motivation to buy the speedbag because I thought it would get me back into boxing a little. Just speedbaging is tremendously rewarding though. My Father's 70 and he said that when he was a boy all the kids who's parents had money had a speedbag. Sure beats a hula hoop!

Comment

• Chris M
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by INDYFIGHTER View Post
        Seemed like after hitting my bigger bag awhile I was flying with the smaller bag. Chris M, do you or did you ever box? I don't I'm just asking. I was sparring in a gym awhile and loved it except for the black eyes. But I got away from it and started smoking again. That was some of the motivation to buy the speedbag because I thought it would get me back into boxing a little. Just speedbaging is tremendously rewarding though. My Father's 70 and he said that when he was a boy all the kids who's parents had money had a speedbag. Sure beats a hula hoop!
        No, I haven't ever boxed except when I was in the Army. It was used as a way of letting out aggression and we had no training or anything. The Drill Sergeants would just tell us who was going to be boxing who, usually when two people got in an argument. It was a lot of fun, especially to watch. I only started the speedbag because I thought it was cool and very challenging. After getting better at it, I found out what good exercise it really is. I later found that I felt better after getting out any aggression. Many times I have pretended the speedbag was a co-worker's or boss's head.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Bag flying off

Originally posted by INDYFIGHTER View Post
          It was a little hard to get the bags on and off the hook on my new swivel so I opened it up just a little. Now the smaller bag fits perfectly and stays put but I had my larger bag, witch has a longer and more narrow loop, comes flying off. Not alot, only after I miss a hit and hit the bottom of the bag. Didn't bother me much. Maybe happened three times last night. I'm thinking it's worth it to be able to switch bags quickly which I did several times last night.
          Hey INDYFIGHTER

Look down to "Swivel Tips" and see how to tape your S-hook to stop the bag flying off.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• INDYFIGHTER
            • Sep 2006

Awesome! I'll take care of it tonight. Thanks!

Comment

• INDYFIGHTER
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
              Many times I have pretended the speedbag was a co-worker's or boss's head.
              LOL. I've actually written peoples names on duck tape and put it across the 'face' area of my heavybag. Helps motivate me.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...