• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Title Platinum Atomic XS - 3 months of hard use

I'm really diggin' this Title Platinum XS (the 5"x7" size, not the crazy small XXS). I can do everything I can do on it and it is one fast bag. My speed has picked up considerably as I have been using the Platinum Atomics exclusively for the past 3 months (I won the XS at SPEED B.A.G. 2010 and I bought an XXS also as soon as I got back to home base).

I've had a lot of fun on it, improved my advanced punching a bit, and am hitting faster than ever now.

The bag is extremely durable and has minimal signs of wear after 3 months of HARD use. It has definitely lost a bit of the shiny finish but other than that, it's in great shape, much better than a lot of other bags I have.

• sparrky37
    • Jan 2010

DUDE! BRO! SICK ASS $&*%! Can't wait to see you tear it up in the LOU

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Feb 2010

WOW Yeah!! that's pretty AMAZING stuff your'e pulling off at lightning speed....

Fantastic video

Comment

• jimcaher
        • Feb 2010

Tim,
        Fantastic! You've moved up a whole new level and inspired me to spend a lot more time with the Atomic. Sure would like to see more vids of you on this bag. How does the Everlast yellow and black feel after exclusive use of the Atomic?

What's up with the metal swivel?

Jim

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by sparrky37 View Post
          DUDE! BRO! SICK ASS $&*%! Can't wait to see you tear it up in the LOU
          Thanks brother. I too hope to be seen tearin' it up at STL. I've actually got Jan 17th off from work (MLK day) so that is going to work to advantage. If I fly I only miss 1 day of work... I'll keep you posted.

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
          WOW Yeah!! that's pretty AMAZING stuff your'e pulling off at lightning speed....

Fantastic video
          Thanks Mitts. I'm really digging the advanced punching (trying to keep only 1 rebound in between techniques). To be able to pull off things at high(er) speed is icing on the cake.

If anyone doubts speed bag is a good cardio workout, keep the speed (and footwork) up. You might be able to tell on the end clip my forehead is covered in sweat! and I sound like I'm out of breath ... because I am !!! That end piece was after about an hour of baggin' (most of it NOT at that high a speed though!)

Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
          Tim,
          Fantastic! You've moved up a whole new level and inspired me to spend a lot more time with the Atomic.
          Thanks Jim. It's take a good amount of practice, I would estimate I've put 120 hours on that XS bag - I punch probably 10 hours a week. The point being that things that seem impossible become possible with time and practice... Looking back to a vid I made in July I was barely able to downward elbow the XS bag, now I can do it with a double bump and at a decent speed. There's two things I love about the speed bag - the rhythm, it's so soothing and addictive, and two the endless challenge and progression.

Sure would like to see more vids of you on this bag.
          I'll be sticking with the XS for quite awhile, so stay tuned. I've been punch drumming with it too, but that footage isn't ready for the light of day just yet.

How does the Everlast yellow and black feel after exclusive use of the Atomic?
          The weight is the thing I notice most. The rebound arcs aren't too different , but the weight is.

What's up with the metal swivel?
          I'm all metal, all the time I love the sound it makes, and the fact that you can mod it a bit to make the rebound arc really short (Mount the hook as deep as possible in the ball). I've gone plastic for extended amounts of time, but I always come back to the metal ball hook. It's just a lot more satisfying for me. I'm not a big fan of the traditional u-bolt, but the Jim Bradley polycarbon still makes for a really wicked fast rebound, I've got that one mounted on the second platform.

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
            Spin Master

• Aug 2008

nice tim! i remember using the tiny one for a second at speed bag 2010 but i cant recall if it was soft or a little hard on the hands?

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

Keep this up and Title might start hounding you for an endorsement deal.

Looks like synthetic leather bags are here to stay.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                Looks like synthetic leather bags are here to stay.
                I was very skeptical of this bag when it was announced. I've never liked any synthetic bag. But I've done a complete 180 , whatever they make this bag out of is great. Good on the hands and durable. Looks nice too, not sure that's a prime consideration for buying a speed bag to some people, but to me it is!!!

Comment

• juxt
                  Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

good punching, those elbow strikes and bumps are crazy.

Comment

• fingers
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • May 2008

Tim that was a bagging masterclass

Comment

• jumpcannon
                      Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Thats sick! I just got done hitting for about an hour and I am definately havin an off day! Then i see this vid and it even makes me more frusturated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice hitting man! Time for me to wipe the sweat off my head and get back under the board!
                      evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
                        Thats sick! I just got done hitting for about an hour and I am definately havin an off day! Then i see this vid and it even makes me more frusturated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice hitting man! Time for me to wipe the sweat off my head and get back under the board!
                        Thanks jump. If it makes you feel better, the 59 minutes of that session that didn't make it into the final clip looked like an off session too

I did about 50 takes of that downard elbow ' inward elbow ' outward elbow before I ended up with 3 that were good enough to be put on the internet...

Comment

• jumpcannon
                          Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                          Thanks jump. If it makes you feel better, the 59 minutes of that session that didn't make it into the final clip looked like an off session too

I did about 50 takes of that downard elbow ' inward elbow ' outward elbow before I ended up with 3 that were good enough to be put on the internet...
                          LOL....yea, that does make me feel much better!
                          evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• SpeedKilz
                            • Dec 2009

Sick work Tim!

Comment

• The Baggist
                              Vert Baggin' Master
                              • May 2009

Tim is straight rippin it up!!!! Wicked Stuff Tim!!!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...