• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HRC51ED
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2006

No Frills Speed Bag Work Out

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AyIaodD90W4"></param><embed">http://www.youtube.com/v/AyIaodD90W4"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AyIaodD90W4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed></object>
  • HRC51ED
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2006

Comment

• BillyMack
      • Sep 2006

I think I saw a couple of frills in there....jk/ j/k ... Is that you on the bag, HRC51ED? Looks good but not too much variety; nice rhythm tho..

Comment

• o0obruceleeo0o
        • Sep 2006

Theres a smaller link to watch , the other ones were full screen and hard to see.

You're lookin good! Looks like a good workout since you're moving around a lot and not standing flat-footed just using your arms. Do you do muay thai?

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

speed bag Frills

Hmm, I never thought about "frills" on the speed bag. What would constitute a "frill"?

The video link shows a guy hitting the bag with Front Circle Punching, single arm and switching, triplet rhythm. Maybe a Front Straight Punch also, so I'll give him two techniques, basic rhythm, sometimes fast, sometimes slower.

This video shows a very traditional boxing workout. Sometimes you might see a boxer do a Front Fist Roll, or some Front Double Punching also. Are those "Frills"?? Yes, I suppose in comparison to this, those two techniques might be considered Frills, particularly by a coach who believes that this is what a boxer is supposed to do (...and doesn't know how to do anymore on the bag himself).

Again, not everyone needs to hit all sides of the bag with fists and elbows - but just because you can't, doesn't make those possibilities Frills, either. Personally, I see a very thin line between the definition of "frill" and "skill". Don't confuse them.
          Last edited by Speedbag; 10-06-2006, 05:20 PM.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

He definitely has that thing moving fast around the 1:30 minute mark... too bad the frame rate is so poor ...

Looks like a muy thai gym ?

Comment

• HRC51ED
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
              I think I saw a couple of frills in there....jk/ j/k ... Is that you on the bag, HRC51ED? Looks good but not too much variety; nice rhythm tho..
              naw, that's my trainer

Comment

• HRC51ED
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Sep 2006

sorry for the confusion or my use of the wrong word. i actually meant maybe, basic or simple, unlike the multiple combinations people usually do on this site, that's all.. and he is actually my boxing trainer, and would never say anything to put him down. so hopefully that clears the air.
                Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                Hmm, I never thought about "frills" on the speed bag. What would constitute a "frill"?

The video link shows a guy hitting the bag with Front Circle Punching, single arm and switching, triplet rhythm. Maybe a Front Straight Punch also, so I'll give him two techniques, basic rhythm, sometimes fast, sometimes slower.

This video shows a very traditional boxing workout. Sometimes you might see a boxer do a Front Fist Roll, or some Front Double Punching also. Are those "Frills"?? Yes, I suppose in comparison to this, those two techniques might be considered Frills, particularly by a coach who believes that this is what a boxer is supposed to do (...and doesn't know how to do anymore on the bag himself).
                sorry for the confusion, imeant nothing complex quite like how work the speedbag. and actually he is my boxing trainer. hopefully the clears that up, probably used the wrong word
                Again, not everyone needs to hit all sides of the bag with fists and elbows - but just because you can't, doesn't make those possibilities Frills, either. Personally, I see a very thin line between the definition of "frill" and "skill". Don't confuse them.
                Last edited by HRC51ED; 10-07-2006, 01:52 AM.

Comment

• HRC51ED
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by o0obruceleeo0o View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyIaodD90W4&eurl=

Theres a smaller link to watch , the other ones were full screen and hard to see.

You're lookin good! Looks like a good workout since you're moving around a lot and not standing flat-footed just using your arms. Do you do muay thai?
                  that's not me, that's my trainer for boxing. just thought i'd put the clip up because it was speed bag related.

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

No Frills

Originally posted by HRC51ED View Post
                    sorry for the confusion or my use of the wrong word. i actually meant maybe, basic or simple, unlike the multiple combinations people usually do on this site, that's all.. and he is actually my boxing trainer, and would never say anything to put him down. so hopefully that clears the air.
                    Yea,HRC51ED I know what you meant. I only said what I did because "Frill" rhymes with "skill". I never meant to put him down or any disrespect. People do what they can do, and what he does, (basic punching from the front) is very good. Very fast for an extended period of time. It's a tough "no Frills" workout, I know, so I would say he's in great shape to maintain that speed for that long.
                    Last edited by Speedbag; 10-07-2006, 10:27 PM.
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• HRC51ED
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                      Yea,HRC51ED I know what you meant. I only said what I did because "Frill" rhymes with "skill". I never meant to put him down or any disrespect. People do what they can do, and what he does, (basic punching from the front) is very good. Very fast for an extended period of time. It's a tough "no Frills" workout, I know, so I would say he's in great shape to maintain that speed for that long.
                      ACTUALLY I THOUGHT THAT YOU THOUGHT THAT I WAS PUTTING HIM DOWN BECAUSE THE WORK OUT SEEMED BASIC. ANYWAYS NO HARM DONE. I MYSELF USE THE SAME TECHNIQUES HE IS DOING, NOT AS FAST BUT EVENTUALLY WILL GET THERE, AND HOPEFULLY AT YOUR LEVEL 0F SKILL ONE DAY!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...