X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedboy
    • Feb 2006

2 new videos (sorry for the quality)

hi all im back with 2 new videos i havent done many progress but i will buy the speedbag bible dvd!

heres 2 videos: the 1rst is me doing some techniques and the second is me trying some elbow techniques but ive to learn more

here's the videos (you must open it with quicktime):

Hightail Spaces lets you send unlimited files, of any size, to anyone. Collaborate with your team and evolve your work.

and

Hightail Spaces lets you send unlimited files, of any size, to anyone. Collaborate with your team and evolve your work.

i learn to be faster but i dont do new techniques
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

movies

Originally posted by speedboy View Post
    here's the videos (you must open it with quicktime):
    I can't get quicktime to recognize these video files. I've tried to open them online and also save them off and open individually. Sorry, can't offer any help.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I can view them using Quicktime Player 7.0.3, but it's kind of hard to follow because the frame rate is so low... did you do that on a digital camera? You're too fast for your equipment man

Elbows look good, you should be able to make that into a downard double by just following through with the fist of the same arm.

Comment

• speedboy
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        I can view them using Quicktime Player 7.0.3, but it's kind of hard to follow because the frame rate is so low... did you do that on a digital camera? You're too fast for your equipment man

Elbows look good, you should be able to make that into a downard double by just following through with the fist of the same arm.
        no i have recorded it with a gsm

Comment

• speedboy
          • Feb 2006

hi all i made a new video and the quality is always poor! sorry!

i have learned some nex techniques but its not perfect

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

bye

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

speedboy video

hi all i made a new video and the quality is always poor! sorry!

i have learned some nex techniques but its not perfect

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

bye
            Very good. Your form and consistency looks and sounds very nice. Single and both fists pass through great.
            Nice downward single elbow (D-SES). You could easily make this a downward double Elbow (D-DES) by simply extending your fist forward slightly as your downward elbow hit the bag. the bag will automatically rebound into your downward fist. then, as that fist hits, you can push it straight through to Reverse Single Punch.

More on that. You did a very nice Right Arm Downward Single Elbow Strike, "R_D-SES", then after three rebound did a Front Circle Punch, to Reverse Single Punch " FCP ' ' RSP ' ' FCP " it looks like this:

R_D-SES ' ' ' FCP ' ' RSP ' ' FCP.

by making the D-SES a D-DES, you will eliminate 2 rebounds and do virtually the same combination, because the FCP will now connect to the Elbow strike, ( on 1 rebound) eliminating the last two rebounds of the triplet rhythm.

to write that using the Single Elbow strike would be this:

R_D-SES ' FCP ' ' RSP ' ' FCP.

notice the single rebound between D-SES ' FCP. the connection eliminates two rebound of the triplet rhythm.
            but D-SES ' FCP = D-DES.

and to use the Double Elbow Strike symbol looks like this:

R_D-DES ' ' RSP ' ' FCP

(* secret: as the downward Elbow hits, keep it high to let the fist go straight through. best way to do this is AS the fist connects the bag, the elbow goes out. It is an outward rotation of the shoulder that makes this happen. Notice the elbow will draw a " U " as it comes down, hits the bag then comes up and out to the parallel position. With practice and control, you will actually feel the interval of time between the elbow and fist connection, and will start the rotation before the fist hits. )
            +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You can do this, Speedboy. I believe you are controlled enough to add this technique.
            Last edited by Speedbag; 11-18-2006, 10:16 AM.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• speedboy
              • Feb 2006

Thanks Alan! i want to learn what you tell me but i dont understand very well the initials R_D-SES ' ' ' FCP ' ' RSP ' ' FCP. yours explanations are too hard for me because my english is not great anyway i will try but its hard for me to do elbow techniques because my swivel or bag have problems because when i hit the bag to do a side elbow my bag going crazy i dont understand
              Last edited by speedboy; 11-18-2006, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Elbows and hitting.

Thanks Alan! i want to learn what you tell me but i dont understand very well the initials R_D-SES ' ' ' FCP ' ' RSP ' ' FCP. yours explanations are too hard for me because my english is not great anyway i will try but its hard for me to do elbow techniques because my swivel or bag have problems because when i hit the bag to do a side elbow my bag going crazy i dont understand
                HI Speedboy,

Yes, I understand the language issue, especially when using the names and abbreviations within the speed bag bible. That is my system - and English system - to describe the movments. I have tried to translate this into several foreign languages, but the words such as "Punch" "Fist" "Elbow" "Elbow Strike" and words directional words like Downward, Outward, Inward etc. Don't translate well, and often come in different orders within the sentence of various languages.

But considering this....
                ....anyway i will try but its hard for me to do elbow techniques because my swivel or bag have problems because when i hit the bag to do a side elbow my bag going crazy i dont understand
                whenever people say "...my bag is going crazy" it is easy to blame the swivel. I sometimes do it myself on days when nothing seems to be working. But the truth is, the bag will only do exactly what the last contact tells it. If it is going crazy, then that is because it was hit incorrectly (wrong direction, wrong angle, wrong part of the fist..)

But you are doing very good. your punching and progress are great - even more so considering we may have a language barrier. Tell me what language you speak and maybe I can find an online translator to post some helpful hints into and then PM them to you.

Good luck. We love our non-american members and will do whatever we can to help you learn.

(* after reviewing your video again a few times.....your bag seems a little high and your fist makes contact with it at the level of your forhead. I would suggest you either lower the bag an inch or so (2.54 cm) or stand on a board to raise yourself up. It might help when you do certain combinations)
                Last edited by Speedbag; 11-18-2006, 04:39 PM.
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• speedboy
                  • Feb 2006

thank you very much for the interest Alan, you take time for all people here

i speak French and Italian

and for the bag and swivel i dont know how to show you the problem and there is a problem i cant show you because my video quality is poor but i will find a way to show it

and do you hear this bad noise when i hit the bag? my board is not quiet as your i dont understand i watch some video on youtube and most people have quiet board and swivel

ps: This video is amazing!! your best demonstration i think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFGH1T8Li_4

Comment

• Hoodlum
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Jan 2007

I could hardly see what was going on man that video quality was not that good

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...