• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Trying some elbow bumps

Got Zaza's Art Of The Bag two days ago. In one of Tim's segments I noticed him getting bounces off elbow strikes. Here in my first moving picture I'm trying to squeeze a few in with 2-3 rebounds on one elbow strike. Trying to do it at a moderate pace but I think I got it a few times in this short video.

Practice, practice, practice, rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by BagBoy; 09-04-2018, 02:36 AM.
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Tim's elbow techniques are amazing,

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
      Got Zaza's Art Of The Bag two days ago. In one of Tim's segments I noticed him getting bounces off elbow strikes. Here in my first moving picture I'm trying to squeeze a few in with 2-5 rebounds on one elbow strike. Trying to do it at a moderate pace but I think I got it a few times in this short video.

https://youtu.be/c5b7O6-45U8
      Tim is a master of bumping elbows. He can throw down some amazing double and triple bumpers. SpeedyT (Tommy Tabino) is another one that comes to mind.

Tim in the foreigner Speed Bag Truck
      Filmed 1.16.10 in lovely Silver Springs, Florida, (as if that makes any difference to the point of this vid), tim Platt-Forum demonstrates an elbow technique...

Compare the Title Platinum Atomic XS bag to the Title Classic 8x5. Please note this is the XS size, which is probably 7x4 dimensions (very similar to the R...

gathering
      This clip features "Tommy T" at SB III in Keyport, NJ, 2012. He's punching on his custom-made cow bell swivel. This is just one of many of Tommy's innovations.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• BagBoy
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        Tim is a master of bumping elbows. He can throw down some amazing double and triple bumpers. SpeedyT (Tommy Tabino) is another one that comes to mind.

Tim in the foreigner Speed Bag Truck
        Filmed 1.16.10 in lovely Silver Springs, Florida, (as if that makes any difference to the point of this vid), tim Platt-Forum demonstrates an elbow technique...

Compare the Title Platinum Atomic XS bag to the Title Classic 8x5. Please note this is the XS size, which is probably 7x4 dimensions (very similar to the R...

gathering
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKmv-ZDHI98
        Thanks for the links, Alan. Can't get enough

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• mirokiuru
          • Jun 2015

FINALLY you posted a moving picture!
          First of all you have really solid and nice looking setup! Next speedbag gathering could be thrown at your place since you got many platforms and those extra doomsday swivels (yeah i remember those )
          Keep it going, you already do nice combos! If i can give you any advises, i think you could use less speed to have more controll of the bag.

I also love to watch speedbags videos in slowmotion setting. Almost like hockey coaches watch the games afterwards. What i can see in slowmotion video is that many times your elbow bumb start whit a hit to your arm muscle! its so big that it bounces from that but often in random direction in video. When you hit it whit a bone part of your elbow the movement of the bag is more predictable and the bag bounces nicely.

i cant wait to see your next videos, you have already awesome progress!

Comment

• BagBoy
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by mirokiuru View Post
            FINALLY you posted a moving picture!
            First of all you have really solid and nice looking setup! Next speedbag gathering could be thrown at your place since you got many platforms and those extra doomsday swivels (yeah i remember those )
            Keep it going, you already do nice combos! If i can give you any advises, i think you could use less speed to have more controll of the bag.

I also love to watch speedbags videos in slowmotion setting. Almost like hockey coaches watch the games afterwards. What i can see in slowmotion video is that many times your elbow bumb start whit a hit to your arm muscle! its so big that it bounces from that but often in random direction in video. When you hit it whit a bone part of your elbow the movement of the bag is more predictable and the bag bounces nicely.

i cant wait to see your next videos, you have already awesome progress!
            Thanks Miro, I hate that I posted that particular video as my first, but after watching it (and learning by seeing myself) I've really managed to tighten my movements up almost immediately. So I guess I don't regret posting it

Ahh, one can never have too many swivels, you never know
            Last edited by BagBoy; 09-07-2018, 02:41 PM.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• goodwin
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
              Got Zaza's Art Of The Bag two days ago. In one of Tim's segments I noticed him getting bounces off elbow strikes. Here in my first moving picture I'm trying to squeeze a few in with 2-3 rebounds on one elbow strike. Trying to do it at a moderate pace but I think I got it a few times in this short video.

https://youtu.be/c5b7O6-45U8
              Continue Your Practice Thanks....

Comment

• BagBoy
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by goodwin View Post
                I didn't post a video of what I CAN do, I posted a video of what I was trying to do (two weeks ago) Welcome to the forum.
                Last edited by BagBoy; 09-16-2018, 02:18 AM. Reason: welcome

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• mirokiuru
                  • Jun 2015

Originally posted by goodwin View Post
                  Post a video where you do those elbowbumbs yourself

Comment

• Stupot
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Nov 2017

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                    Tim's elbow techniques are amazing,

Wow that's amazing

Comment

• BagBoy
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by mirokiuru View Post
                      Post a video where you do those elbowbumbs yourself
                      My next video's gonna be one armed hand stand reverse heel roll.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...