Speed Bag II (a novaspeedbagger perspective)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

Speed Bag II (a novaspeedbagger perspective)

I realize that there have been several clips from Speed Bag II already posted, however, I figure I post the perspective I had of that weekend of baggng through the lens of my camera as well. I may even have a clip or two of some never before posted video. I hope you enjoy it! Without a doubt, attending this event has helped propell my skills to a new level just by being around these baggers in person!

I hope you enjoy it!
    Novaspeedbagger
  • Johnny O
    • Apr 2011

Excellent Job!

Nova,
    You did a great job with this video! Little bit of everyone...

Comment

• G-Town
      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Nice! Real Nice.

Navas - Fantastic footage capturing baggers in practice mode,teaching,and tearing into the leather. All I can say is the "King" and "Skunk was in the house ripping! Two more things "Tommy T" you stop it with your bad self... "Juxt" Very very very nice.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Supervideo, Nova! Gotta love the baggin' community for sharin' and carin' for each other. The skills shown were off the hook. I'm kinda partial to that shadow Side Single Punch combo by Speedy TommyT. I also like the "varied accented" Front Fist Rolling by G-Town. I haven't see a video showing that but G-Town has a really sweet method of doing a Front Fist Roll and accenting various punches within the Roll but keeping the same speed. Hitting one punch harder a bit harder to accent the punch should add speed to the bag but G-Town has mastered "dead handing" the bag with the next punch to kill the speed. It's a great move but you have to really listen to the Roll to hear it.

Nice video, SBN.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2010

Glad you liked the vid! Thanks for watching

Originally posted by Johnny O View Post
          Nova,
          You did a great job with this video! Little bit of everyone...
          Thanks Johnny, but I realize now I should have had the camera rolling more Oh well, I'll know better next year.

Originally posted by G-Town View Post
          Navas - Fantastic footage capturing baggers in practice mode,teaching,and tearing into the leather. All I can say is the "King" and "Skunk was in the house ripping! Two more things "Tommy T" you stop it with your bad self... "Juxt" Very very very nice.
          Thanks G-Town and I concur on the rest of your post!

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          Supervideo, Nova! Gotta love the baggin' community for sharin' and carin' for each other. The skills shown were off the hook. I'm kinda partial to that shadow Side Single Punch combo by Speedy TommyT. I also like the "varied accented" Front Fist Rolling by G-Town. I haven't see a video showing that but G-Town has a really sweet method of doing a Front Fist Roll and accenting various punches within the Roll but keeping the same speed. Hitting one punch harder a bit harder to accent the punch should add speed to the bag but G-Town has mastered "dead handing" the bag with the next punch to kill the speed. It's a great move but you have to really listen to the Roll to hear it.

Nice video, SBN.
          Glad you liked the video Alan! It is very impressive how all the baggers willingly share anything they know to help other baggers improve or lean some new combo to add to their "BAG" of tricks And G-Town's patented accented fist roll gives me fits when I give it a shot. I'm not sure if you saw G-Town performing that accented fist roll on the Vertical Bag in one of MsDeville's vids but I'm pretty sure he is

Nice video, SBN.

Oh Alan, I am not sure what SBN means in your reply
          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

On the bag Alan Kahn has been a heavy smoker for years, and he isn't wheezing. Wow. Great stuff.

Ms. Dee, you look so focused, my how you've grown.

SpeedyTommyT is also the AmazingTommyT.

And as for the rest of youz -- great stuff.

Oh, and Skunk, the human tornado.

Great video!
            Last edited by paranday; 07-27-2011, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
              Glad you liked the video Alan! It is very impressive how all the baggers willingly share anything they know to help other baggers improve or lean some new combo to add to their "BAG" of tricks And G-Town's patented accented fist roll gives me fits when I give it a shot. I'm not sure if you saw G-Town performing that accented fist roll on the Vertical Bag in one of MsDeville's vids but I'm pretty sure he is
              I did see and hear G-Town perform his varied accented fist rolling on the vertical bag. I think he can do it anywhere on any bag. He owns that skill. It ain't flashy like the under arm shadow punches, but it highlights very impressive control of power and hand speed. I might add his skills have skyrocketted since that SB-I in June 2010. Very impressive advancement showing much work on his work.

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
              Oh Alan, I am not sure what SBN means in your reply
              HA! I was trying for an abbreviation of NovaSpeedbagger, or NSB, but my dysbagsia made it come out "SBN". sorry
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Great video Kerry! The only missing element was, me. Oh well, I need to work on my skills anyway. Looking at the skills on display it's amazing you got any bagging done. If I were there,I would have spent more time standing around staring in awe, jaw agape awe! Next year baby! Next year!
                sigpic

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2010

yea you're right

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                  Great video Kerry! The only missing element was, me. Oh well, I need to work on my skills anyway. Looking at the skills on display it's amazing you got any bagging done. If I were there,I would have spent more time standing around staring in awe, jaw agape awe! Next year baby! Next year!

Yeah you and any other of our fellow baggers that weren't there were missed for sure! We all stood and stared in awe at times Md and even forgot to take video at times because of that. I did notice that skunk set up his camera on a tripod and let it run for awhile. That was a smart move. Maybe I'll do that next year. I'm glad you enjoyed the vid.

Sorry it took so long to respond, but I've been in Vegas, so I was off the map for a week. I'm back now!

Keep on Baggin!
                  Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                    On the bag Alan Kahn has been a heavy smoker for years, and he isn't wheezing. Wow. Great stuff.

Ms. Dee, you look so focused, my how you've grown.

SpeedyTommyT is also the AmazingTommyT.

And as for the rest of youz -- great stuff.

Oh, and Skunk, the human tornado.

Great video!
                    Thanks paranday! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
                    Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• J102
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Jun 2011

Great video. Thanks for putting it up here.
                      I really enjoyed watching it. More motivation for me. yeah

Comment

• juxt
                        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

nice footage nova

lol, i remember that clip of me and skunk. we were baggin for like 4 strait minutes. I ran out of gas and had to call it quits.

Good punchdrumming clips. being there and seeing the great punchdrummers live at SBII was cool and inspiring.

i still have to get my SBII vid clips together and post something.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by J102 View Post
                          Great video. Thanks for putting it up here.
                          I really enjoyed watching it. More motivation for me. yeah
                          Thanks J102! Glad you liked it!

Originally posted by juxt View Post
                          nice footage nova

lol, i remember that clip of me and skunk. we were baggin for like 4 strait minutes. I ran out of gas and had to call it quits.

Good punchdrumming clips. being there and seeing the great punchdrummers live at SBII was cool and inspiring.

i still have to get my SBII vid clips together and post something.
                          Looked like you were doing pretty good to me Juxt! Glad you like it! Lets see your clips; I know you took alot of video.

Keep on Baggin!
                          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• G-Town
                            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Zero return?

Juxt at 3:28 does a nice "zero" return, no one has commented on it, What?
                            Donnie Blanks owner of the Real Gym spoke out WOW. Baggers check it out.
                            I remember Juxt went more than 4 min ripping the leather. Nova nice film.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Aug 2010

Could be a line for speed bag rap song!

Thanks for pointing that out G!

I can even here myself in the audio saying wow!!! Great observation Louis. Juxt is so quick, things get by the unaided eye when he's baggin!

Could be the line of a speed bagging rap song!

"Juxt is so Flyyyyyy,
                              you can't see his combo's
                              with the naked ass eyyyyyyye"

IIIIII'd better stick to my day job!

Keep on bagging G-Town! See ya in the summer!
                              Novaspeedbagger

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...