• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shaunx
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2007

its the best

Feels great...especially if you have it blasting or just have your headphones on and your just beating the damn bag up.....feels like your doing new dance moves.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by shaunx View Post
    Feels great...especially if you have it blasting or just have your headphones on and your just beating the damn bag up.....feels like your doing new dance moves.

The easiest way to punch "with the music", where the bag beat is like a drum beat in sync with the song, is to simply pat your foot to the song, (which is the "beat") and then punch the basic rhythm, with every main fist punch landing "on the beat", when you tap you foot. In a few punches you will notice your LOUD first rebound will be on your foot tap, and you should feel the bag pulse as "in time WITH" the music.

Tim and Skunk started doing it at the Orlando meeting, and both cracked a smile when they "felt" that their beat was with the music. The song was old time classic Rock (Pretty Woman, by Roy Orbison), but it has a very definitive easy beat to hear and it's easy to punch with.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2006

UH OH does this mean were goin to see the Speed Bag Skunk Zach Ruffo getting into the market of hitting to music i cant wait. love watching someone in tune with a song.
      ________
      WEB SHOWS
      Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Big_Nesticles View Post
        UH OH does this mean were goin to see the Speed Bag Skunk Zach Ruffo getting into the market of hitting to music i cant wait. love watching someone in tune with a song.
        I wouldn't doubt that a bit. He has the rhythm and ear for it. He wants to be a "speed bag artist" and taking it to music is the best way to do it, (that's my opinion only..) He learned a few tips on that in Orlando. Got a few more to learn, but all things in good time.
        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
          Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Alan

hey that CD you gave me didnt work can you please hook me up with a list of other songs that u recomend.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
            hey that CD you gave me didnt work can you please hook me up with a list of other songs that u recomend.
            ?? Its a DVD with computer files on it.

PM me with your address and I'll hook you up with a different DVD.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Triffid
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • May 2007

Hehe... I too have been doing this. In fact, my routine wholly consists of popping in my mixed Elvis CD and trying to keep up. Hound Dog is still a bit fast for me to keep up the entire song... but its fun trying That and Jail House Rock are the toughest for me on the CD.

I enjoy songs that have a mix of beats so you can speed up, slow down, etc... like Devil in Disguise.

I like to work on "trick" type stuff for the slower songs (like reverse punches and hooks)... then just pound on on it with the fast songs.
              Last edited by Triffid; 05-31-2007, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Triffid View Post
                Hehe... I too have been doing this. In fact, my routine wholly consists of popping in my mixed Elvis CD and trying to keep up. Hound Dog is still a bit fast for me to keep up the entire song... but its fun trying That and Jail House Rock are the toughest for me on the CD.

I enjoy songs that have a mix of beats so you can speed up, slow down, etc... like Devil in Disguise.

I like to work on "trick" type stuff for the slower songs (like reverse punches and hooks)... then just pound on on it with the fast songs.
                Hound Dog and Jail House Rock would be a fast basic rhythm punching, probably on an 8x5 bag. I'll have to punch them up and see. You could also change punching "styles" to those songs and go slower with different combinations.
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SupergeZ
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Mar 2007

maybee 'paint it black by the rolling stones' would be quite a good tune for a beginner to try hitting to? doing a basic rhythem to the back beat... jsut a thought. im gona try it when i get my new platform

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SupergeZ View Post
                    maybee 'paint it black by the rolling stones' would be quite a good tune for a beginner to try hitting to? doing a basic rhythem to the back beat... jsut a thought. im gona try it when i get my new platform

Punching to Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones would be a fast Basic Rhythm, or a very fast syncopated combo style. I would suggest an 8x5 to make it comfortable, (or smokin' on a 9x6). Probably a a little too fast for a beginner..
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ashe
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                      Punching to Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones would be a fast Basic Rhythm, or a very fast syncopated combo style. I would suggest an 8x5 to make it comfortable, (or smokin' on a 9x6). Probably a a little too fast for a beginner..
                      grrr! removed for copyright BS! these frakkin' corporations are so greedy. they want a nickel every time someone even thinks about one of their products.

Comment

• SupergeZ
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Mar 2007

heres the link i use when i want listen to the greatest song ever recorded

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• ashe
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by SupergeZ View Post
                          heres the link i use when i want listen to the greatest song ever recorded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EPjMNFZFwg
                          i thought you meant this one!

got a nice beat... maybe someone should hit to it!

Comment

• Roscoe
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                            ?? Its a DVD with computer files on it
                            Heh heh, I done that before with Stevie Ray Vaughn's box set of CDs....the last disk was a DVD and I tried and tried to play that sucker in my CD player till my neighbor set me straight.

Long ago are the days of my Camero and 8 track tape player.....not to mention Cindy Mae

Comment

• Johnny Pal
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Aug 2007

Speedbag Workout to Music

I hope you don't have a tempo or meter problem. If you do, better pick up an instrument (piano, guitar, etc.) and use a metronome to learn to keep time.

The speed bag tempo is in "waltz time." Waltz sort of clashes with most rhythms. If you are a junior puncher, it's probably a good idea to start with a rock and roll beat. Although most rock songs are fast, they translate to "slow" when punching the speedbag.

More on this later.

Thanks!
                              Johnny Pal - Speedbag Ace

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...