• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

For the Metal Fans here's some Metallica

A while ago I said I find a metal song to punch drum to, so, here is a bit of punch drumming to Metallica's - Enter Sandman. I'm still trying to improve my video quality but I have a lot of room for improvement in that area. On this one, you have to bear with a bit of accidental auto focusing because of zoom. Sorry about that

The speed bag I'm using is a Ringside 7x4 (fat) that I got from Ralph RP65 of the forum. This is an excellent bag! Nice and light but has enough substance to make it a quality rebounder. It's real easy on the hands even when hitting for extended periods of time.

Enjoy!

Thanks for Watching!

Keep on Bagging!
    Novaspeedbagger
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Really great hitting!
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Amazing.

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Totally 'Wizard'!

Comment

• Vegas7
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Mar 2011

WOW!!!! Just gotta say loved those extended length of time rear fist roll rolls!!!!!!

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2010

Hope to see you all at Speed Bag II

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
            Really great hitting!
            Originally posted by paranday View Post
            Amazing.
            Originally posted by Zaza View Post
            Totally 'Wizard'!
            Originally posted by Vegas7 View Post
            WOW!!!! Just gotta say loved those extended length of time rear fist roll rolls!!!!!!
            Thanks for the kind comments! Hope to see you guys at SPEED BAG II in Keyport....I'll be there!
            Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
              Thanks for the kind comments! Hope to see you guys at SPEED BAG II in Keyport....I'll be there!
              Great punch drumming! You're going to do a live performance in KeyPort, right ???

Really looking forward to seeing and hearing you hit in person...

Tim

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

OK, looking and sounding good. Nice performance. We can add a few things in Keyport. I'd probably have to show them to you versus trying to explain them in text or combination shorthand.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2010

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  Great punch drumming! You're going to do a live performance in KeyPort, right ???

Really looking forward to seeing and hearing you hit in person...Tim
                  Sure, just hope I can handle the pressure of all the guru's watching live! I'd be honored to give it shot. Looking forward to meeting you in person Tim!

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  OK, looking and sounding good. Nice performance. We can add a few things in Keyport. I'd probably have to show them to you versus trying to explain them in text or combination shorthand.
                  I'd appreciate that very much! Looking forward to meeting you in Jersey!
                  Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 06-06-2011, 05:12 AM. Reason: needed fixin
                  Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Biff
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Nice job again, Kerry. You've really "taken" to this punch drumming. Tips from the King in Keyport - Kahn't ask for anything better than that. Look forward to meeting you over the weekend.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                      Nice job again, Kerry. You've really "taken" to this punch drumming. Tips from the King in Keyport - Kahn't ask for anything better than that. Look forward to meeting you over the weekend.
                      Thanks for checking out this vid post Biff! It's good to see you back on the forum as of lately.

I do love to hit to music Hey,if I don't improve after Tips from the King in Keyport, I'll have to give up punch drumming

Looking forward to meeting you as well! See ya then
                      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

.....Hey,if I don't improve after Tips from the King in Keyport, I'll have to give up punch drumming
                        Give up Punch Drumming?

I don't think that's gonna happen. Your ear for the bag beat and increasing bag skills have brought you (and I might include Ms Deville also...) to the speed bag Banks of the River Jordan. When you get to Keyport, punch your bag three times and say "I want to cross over, I want to cross over......"

before you know it, you'll be on the boat... but remember

*yeah, we can rip to this one....
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                          Give up Punch Drumming?

I don't think that's gonna happen. Your ear for the bag beat and increasing bag skills have brought you (and I might include Ms Deville also...) to the speed bag Banks of the River Jordan. When you get to Keyport, punch your bag three times and say "I want to cross over, I want to cross over......"

before you know it, you'll be on the boat... but remember

*yeah, we can rip to this one....
                          BEST post EVER... too funny!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

A feast for the eyes and the ears!

Enjoy!

Keep on Bagging!

You are truly an amazing punch drummer, Kerry! I can't wait to meet up with you in Keyport and glean what I can from you.

And, this year, I hope that I have advanced enough to understand what Alan tried explaining to me last year!

I'm putting together my iPod Speed Bag II Playlist... Lots of Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker, Doobies, Joe Cocker. And, I just downloaded a song by Thelonious Monster. Never heard of them till recently, but this song is lots of fun to punch-drum to... I've been putting in as much time as I can under the board... gettin' ready for SB II...

The countdown is on... it's not too late to make a reservation fellow baggers!

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Aug 2010

Looking for some Carribean/Jamaican music downloads!

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

You are truly an amazing punch drummer, Kerry! I can't wait to meet up with you in Keyport and glean what I can from you.

And, this year, I hope that I have advanced enough to understand what Alan tried explaining to me last year!

I'm putting together my iPod Speed Bag II Playlist... Lots of Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker, Doobies, Joe Cocker. And, I just downloaded a song by Thelonious Monster. Never heard of them till recently, but this song is lots of fun to punch-drum to... I've been putting in as much time as I can under the board... gettin' ready for SB II...

The countdown is on... it's not too late to make a reservation fellow baggers!

Thanks for watching Denise

I've learned to use a few of your staple combinations to improve my punch drumming prowess, so, I'm not sure who'll be gleaning from whom or who? ....I never get those right

I'm adding songs to my droid play list as well. B-52's, Blondie, The Ramones, Shinedown, Skynard and more.I'll have to do a search on Thelonious Monster.

I'd like to get some Steel drum carribean style pop remixes, but I don't know where to find this. Suggestion from anyone will be appreciated. Also gonna download "Don't pay the ferryman" after Alan's post above.

I am definitely looking forward to some punch drumming jam sessions in Keyport! See you soon Dee
                              Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 06-08-2011, 05:37 PM. Reason: correct a band name
                              Novaspeedbagger

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...