• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

Large speed bags

I got a Title 10 x 12 speed bag http://store.titleboxing.com/titlespeedbags1.html

This thing is huge! It is very slow, but let me tell you, this thing is a great workout! Because it is slower, I can work it for a long time but you have to punch so much harder to keep it going, it really makes for a great cardio workout!

Using smaller bags, my shoulders and arms start to burn before I actually start to work up a sweat so I have to quit for a few minutes in order to rest. I found I was actually able to work this big blue bag for 15 minutes or longer non stop and it is great!

Since I got this thing last week, I start off working my smaller bags as long as I can, working on my speed and timing. Then, I'll put on my headphones and punch away on the 10 x 12 for an hour or so.

This is a really great workout! It's like hitting a really heavy beach ball!
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Large Speed Bags

Actually, Chris M states excellent insight into the variety of speed bag workouts. Knowing the equipment,Each bag sizes strength and weakness - and how to use that to your greatest advantage, (and enjoyment) makes for an exceptionally varied and interesting workout.

Every Bag, of Every Size has it's advantages and creates it's own unique workout.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• nowheredesign
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Chris M
      This is a really great workout!
      I love enthusiasm!

I wish I could use a big bag, but they get all sorts of dinged up because my board isn't big enough to cover the rebound. So, the bottom hits the wall brackets..

I can't wait to be able to buy a better platform..

Comment

• atgatt
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Also bought the Title 10 x 12 and really like it. It is so big that I made a large platform for it.

It makes it fun to go from X-small, small, med, large and X-large, or just stick with any one of those sizes for a work out.

Even having a double ended striking bag adds to it all.

Great info on this forum.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...