• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Uk's national Anthem

Seeing some of you hitting to music has inspired me to learn myself. I chose a nice easy piece by Madness. The sound is a bit distorted. Did I have the music to high?

Vini
  • The Baggist
    Vert Baggin' Master
    • May 2009

NICE ONE VIN!!! The music seemed to be at a good level with the punching, if your using a boombox experiment with moving it around, you might get a little cleaner sound. Hitting to music is still a challenge for me so I'll let the master blasters give technique critiques. And you definitely had the crowd into it!!! By the way word has it that the Queen is a master speedbagger and actually crowned "SPEED BAG KING" ALAN KAHN!!!!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
      NICE ONE VIN!!! The music seemed to be at a good level with the punching, if your using a boombox experiment with moving it around, you might get a little cleaner sound. Hitting to music is still a challenge for me so I'll let the master blasters give technique critiques. And you definitely had the crowd into it!!! By the way word has it that the Queen is a master speedbagger and actually crowned "SPEED BAG KING" ALAN KAHN!!!!
      Thanks Baggist!

I was using a boombox, so will try moving it around the next time.

It's a challenge for me too! For that little piece, I spent about 1hr practising before recording it.

yeah! I heard the Queen was the master too! I didn't want to announce that here on the forums as some may be offended.

Comment

• Jordan
        • Jun 2009

really good stuff...I especially like how theres applause at the end of the song, so it sounds like you have a crowd there in your back yard cheering for you.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hey VIN. OK!!! Giving Punch Drumming a go!. Sounds like you were trying to work out some cool combinations that fit. The ones I could make out to the music were cool, but some of the middle part was hard to really hear the music and bag. It looked and sounded pretty good. I like the spaniels walking around the bottom of the backgrounds.

Good job. Let's see some more!
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Roc Stone
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2007

Good Stuff UK

That's what it's all about.
            sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• ukspeedbag
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
              really good stuff...I especially like how theres applause at the end of the song, so it sounds like you have a crowd there in your back yard cheering for you.
              Thanks Jordan.
              Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Hey VIN. OK!!! Giving Punch Drumming a go!. Sounds like you were trying to work out some cool combinations that fit. The ones I could make out to the music were cool, but some of the middle part was hard to really hear the music and bag. It looked and sounded pretty good. I like the spaniels walking around the bottom of the backgrounds.

Good job. Let's see some more!
              Thanks Alan. I'm looking forward to making another, just have to sort the music thing out.
              Ha Ha! The Spaniels, yeah, in this clip they were just walking around. While trying to make a decent video, the dogs were barking like crazy. They heard the talking from the recording and that was it! Bark Bark Bark.......who's that voice?
              Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
              Good Stuff UK

That's what it's all about.
              Thanks Roc Stone.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Good job! I am not familiar with that song and I think I hear a piano (I think) mainly. I just can't really hear where the "beat" of the song is vs. where your punching rhythm is. It's looks like you know where to hit in the beginning of the song but when the bag gets going, I lose the beat of the tune.
                An idea.... punch basic FCPs consistently. Find out (by tapping, or just remember) what speed your punches are. find a song that has a beat around that same speed. From what I can see of your punching, you could easily punch at the same speed as something like "Another One Bites The Dust" by Queen, "Slowride" by Foghat or "Pretty Woman" by Van Halen. Just practice with one of these songs and make sure your are punching along with the bid ol down beat that drives the song. It is what you would clap to or stomp your foot to. But as a Speed Bagger, you need to punch to it.
                *There are many other songs I could name, but there are a good start...
                BAG ON!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                  Good job! I am not familiar with that song and I think I hear a piano (I think) mainly. I just can't really hear where the "beat" of the song is vs. where your punching rhythm is. It's looks like you know where to hit in the beginning of the song but when the bag gets going, I lose the beat of the tune.
                  An idea.... punch basic FCPs consistently. Find out (by tapping, or just remember) what speed your punches are. find a song that has a beat around that same speed. From what I can see of your punching, you could easily punch at the same speed as something like "Another One Bites The Dust" by Queen, "Slowride" by Foghat or "Pretty Woman" by Van Halen. Just practice with one of these songs and make sure your are punching along with the bid ol down beat that drives the song. It is what you would clap to or stomp your foot to. But as a Speed Bagger, you need to punch to it.
                  *There are many other songs I could name, but there are a good start...
                  BAG ON!
                  Thank-you very much SSP!

I was gutted when I heard the recording. I spent a good 1/2 hour or so trying to make a good video, playing the same tune over and over. I don't want to p**s the neighbours off so called it a day.

Thanks for the ideas in music. "Another One Bites The Dust" sounds good.

In my younger days, I could dance and had rhythm. But now I'm a dad, I lost it and now I 'dad dance'.

Thanks for the advice SSP.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...