• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mirokiuru
    • Jun 2015

New Custom drum project

Hello!
    Im going to built new speeedbag platform. After bad year (badly broken shoulder) i decided that i want fresh start to this year. I started to find these cutting boards or butcherblocks, but after long searching i couldnt find decent prized /sized board.
    I started to look for tables. I hit jackpot when i found Oak table, perfectly sized for my metal frame and.

Heres some photos of the (already smashed) table
    I will post pictures as i move on whit my project i try to explain things so anyone who is intrested to make his/hers own platform can replicate my platform
    Attached Files
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

That's a fine hunk o' wood. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by mirokiuru View Post
      Hello!
      I started to look for tables. I hit jackpot when i found Oak table, perfectly sized for my metal frame and.
      That looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Tim

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by mirokiuru View Post
        Hello!
        Im going to built new speeedbag platform. After bad year (badly broken shoulder) i decided that i want fresh start to this year. I started to find these cutting boards or butcherblocks, but after long searching i couldnt find decent prized /sized board.

Heres some photos of the (already smashed) table
        I will post pictures as i move on whit my project i try to explain things so anyone who is intrested to make his/hers own platform can replicate my platform
        I bet that is going to sound awesome and have a crisp rebound. Hope to see and hear a video of that when it's done
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• mirokiuru
          • Jun 2015

Hello guys!
          I can finally post some pictures of my custom built drum. Its not finally done yet, i add some couple more layers of shiny lac (shinier=faster )

I drilled the holes that way so the bolts sink into wood and i can easily tight the drum into its place. Its still winter in Finland so i cant setup the drum to platform. But i promise to post video later

What do you think?

Attached Files

Comment

• mirokiuru
            • Jun 2015

I had some problems whit my images so i try to post them different way

Comment

• REB
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2017

Looks great... I like the shape

Comment

• JoMan
                • Nov 2016

Nice looking platform!!!

Comment

• mirokiuru
                  • Jun 2015

Here you go! I tried the xs atomic speedbag that i bought and found it littlebit slow before i bought it i watched Tims review about it. The bag seemed to fly in the video What do you think? Could the problem be inner bladder or MYSELF..... :0
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by mirokiuru; 04-08-2018, 12:51 PM. Reason: realising im not Tim

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...