X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aad03

• Jan 2010

New Video - You Make The Call

Here's my most recent vid. The small dog in the background steals the show with a shoelace grab of the frisbee at about :17. The view is obstructed; is it a catch or a trap? You make the call.

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

[QUOTE=aad03;19576]Here's my most recent vid. The small dog in the background steals the show with a shoelace grab of the frisbee at about :17. The view is obstructed; is it a catch or a trap? You make the call.

I think he made the grab in midair, his recovery while running around the "obstruction" was too quick and he lookekd to be in stride for it to have been a "trap"!

Aside from that, Nice bagging! All your techniques were executed very well.
    Looks like you've been putting in some "board time". Keep on Baggin'!
    T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Roc Stone
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2007

Nice set up , and showing good form.

Keep it up.

More vids
      sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

aad! Great baggin! The bar consistently gets raised!
        Nice form!
        And re: the catch/grab...
        I think it hit the ground....
        It is a dog's natural reaction to stop immediately when "grabbing" an object that stopped on the ground after flying in the sky. The fetchers are inherently hyper when it comes to play time such as this....
        So I ask this question.... why would a dog stop in mid run if in fact, it caught the frisbee while still in air? It would catch the frisbee and continue to circle around to run back to the fetchee....
        Also, there is a hair of a gap in time behind the pole. I think that is the time spent grabbing....
        That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.....

......ok so I just watched it again and I'm not sure!!!!!!!

HAHAHA

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Yes, the slight hesitation behind the obstruction is key. There is now ay of knowing whether or not the dog made a clean grab. Fortunately, Camera 2 had a better angle on this, and confirms the catch:

Haha, jk. Thanks for the kind words on my baggin', always a work in progress.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

After seeing the latest clip.......I'm going with he caught it. Man that dog is fast!!!!
            Great video and the combos are looking real good.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
              Yes, the slight hesitation behind the obstruction is key. There is now ay of knowing whether or not the dog made a clean grab. Fortunately, Camera 2 had a better angle on this, and confirms the catch:

Haha, jk. Thanks for the kind words on my baggin', always a work in progress.
              Camera 2 may have had a better angle, and it may have confirmed the dog catching a frisbee, but it didn't confirm the original clip - which has a lady on a lounge chair throwing the frisbee while sitting down. This clip (camera 2) has a guy in a blue shirt throwing the frisbee standing up. Two different throws.

was this a test?

very nice bagging, by the way.
              Last edited by Speedbag; 04-14-2010, 06:17 PM.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• royalewifcheese
                • Jul 2008

looking good!

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Feb 2010

Nice skills on show! Very fluent and even from both sides. Look forward to seeing more videos.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...