• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post

This one is for the "Nocturnal Baggers", or those of you who live WITH or CLOSE TO people that don't want the noise levels that often accompany bagging.

In the Stealth Baggin Video i used the Plastic Ball Hook Swivel, which is a pretty quiet swivel to begin with. To get the maximum noise dampening out of the plastic ball hook swivel i taped the contact point on the eyelet shank, and the link between the S-Hook, and eyelet shank . To get even lower noise levels in the swivel department you should look into getting a Deville A-51 Custom Swivel from MsDeville from here on the speed bag forum.

For even less noise i used the Bladder Bag. This bag is so light, that the impact from the bag contacting the board causes almost no vibration, or impact tremor. The contact from the thin rubber surface of the bag makes a LIGHT slapping sound against board, that is difficult to hear if you are not in the same room as the bag being used.

In the video titled: Goof_ 3-1-2012 TITLE BLACKĀ® Semi Pro Speed Bag.avi I'm using a Metal Ball Hook Swivel that is also taped for sound dampening reasons. This Video has NO MUSIC playing in the background, so you can hear only the little noise that is coming from the bag, and swivel. You could also load both of the Videos below at the same time and toggle between the two, and see the noise level difference. The taping does lessen the noise level quite a bit from the metal ball hook swivel, but you can still hear the sound of the metal ball moving around in the swivel base's metal housing (a sound i happen to like, so do many people), but for the purpose of these examples i'm trying to get the least amount of noise i possibly can.
    I also oiled all contact points in both swivels, the link between S-Hook and Eyelet Shank, and the plastic and metal ball. So both swivels are Taped, and Oiled.

Below i also added the "Maintenance & Prevention_ lube ALL metal contact points.avi" and the "Goof_12-24-2011 The Taping Ritual.avi" Videos. Just for a little added info, and for a tiny bit of entertainment.

Thank You for Watching. It's all for fun.
    Here's a few more vids.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...