X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillyMack
    • Sep 2006

Quick Fix for Flying Bag

The standard issue bag for my standard issue Everlast platform is prone to flying off the hook if hit on the wrong angle. It's kind of funny at first, but then gets annoying/frustrating. I didn't want to mess with duct tape as it always leaves a gummy residue. I tried using a small zip tie to secure the bag to the S-hook and it works brilliantly. I fasten the tie through the bag's loop and over the hook in a figure 8. The tie helps keep the bag centered on the hook and keeps the 2 hook pieces from getting tangled up. Plus, if I want to change the bag I just snip the ziptie and use another one.

I haven't noticed any changes in the rebounding. In fact, the bag has never flown off the hook nor has the hook gotten tangled. I can whap the bag all day and it won't go anywhere.
  • speedboy
    • Feb 2006

very nice!!!

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

swivel fix

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
      The standard issue bag for my standard issue Everlast platform is prone to flying off the hook if hit on the wrong angle. .... I tried using a small zip tie to secure the bag to the S-hook and it works brilliantly. I fasten the tie through the bag's loop and over the hook in a figure 8. The tie helps keep the bag centered on the hook and keeps the 2 hook pieces from getting tangled up. Plus, if I want to change the bag I just snip the ziptie and use another one.

I haven't noticed any changes in the rebounding. In fact, the bag has never flown off the hook nor has the hook gotten tangled. I can whap the bag all day and it won't go anywhere.
      Brilliant! A great tip. (...said while cleaning the sticky duct tape residue off the business end of a ballhook -)
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rellik134
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Nov 2006

I use a piece of velcro. It is about 1/2 inch wide and 3 inches long. It is light weight and easy to change bags. Its original use was for computer cords made by case logic.

Comment

• Chris M
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Mar 2006

Thanks guys, great ideas!

Comment

• rellik134
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Nov 2006

Here is a link of what it looks like. Im sure you can find similar items at Radio Shack or Best Buys.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...