• May 2009

Alt10's practice vid #2

youtube.com/watch?v=WeE9yex-xfk
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by 10Alton View Post
    youtube.com/watch?v=WeE9yex-xfk
    He 10Alton, I think your link was broke so I linked your video.

Good job. Nice elbows at the front. Looks to me like your a bit stiff in your movements. I could be wrong, but perhaps you can loosen up a bit. A relaxed upper body will work better than being tense.

keep working! I like your double bag set up.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 08-19-2009, 09:48 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

10Alton, nice going. How long have you been at it?

Comment

• Kyle
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2006

looking good! keep on bagging u can only get better!
        ________
        Vaporizerinfo
        Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Hey 10Alton! Good job!
          Nice use of elbows! What kind of platform is that? It looks homemade-ish?
          Is that the red/blue Everlast 8x5 bag?
          It looks like you are hitting the bag with good force yet managing to keep the rebound speed to a slower pace. Is that due to less pressure in the bag, good control, or just the way that bag reacts to that board?
          BAG ON!

Comment

• 10Alton
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            He 10Alton, I think your link was broke so I linked your video.

Good job. Nice elbows at the front. Looks to me like your a bit stiff in your movements. I could be wrong, but perhaps you can loosen up a bit. A relaxed upper body will work better than being tense.

keep working! I like your double bag set up.
            Thanx, I'll keep that in mind next time I'm punching. The double bag setup is my cousins "The Baggist".

Originally posted by Biff View Post
            10Alton, nice going. How long have you been at it?
            Thanx, I think it's been a little over a year.

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
            looking good! keep on bagging u can only get better!
            Thanx.

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
            Hey 10Alton! Good job!
            Nice use of elbows! What kind of platform is that? It looks homemade-ish?
            Is that the red/blue Everlast 8x5 bag?
            It looks like you are hitting the bag with good force yet managing to keep the rebound speed to a slower pace. Is that due to less pressure in the bag, good control, or just the way that bag reacts to that board?
            BAG ON!
            The platform is an Everlast 59.99 with a home depot 24" disk added after it was stained., and you are right about the bag being an Everlast 8x5 cracks and all. They are really fun to hit. I like to leave a little air out of the bag until I get good control for whatever I'm trying to learn until I have it down fluently.And thanks for the interest and the input.

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
              Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

ophhhh snap!

Keep it up brother! looking good, I agree with Alan "RELAX" lol also after u do that Double elbow strike. "Fist, Elbow-one re-bounbound- elbow fist, as soon as u hit that last fist try to start linking. Hope ya understand what im talking about "im a bagger but not on the computer lol i just KNOW the punches and how to show them not how to write a 40 PAGE essay on it likie "ALAN THE KING KAHN" OMG thats alans new name for me No long shall i call him speedbag king it will be Alan "THE KING KAHN" kinda like "KING KONG" hahahaha yeahhhhhhhh sorry got a little off track there.

But good video bro!

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Looking good man!
                sigpic

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by 10Alton View Post
                  Thanx, I'll keep that in mind next time I'm punching. The double bag setup is my cousins "The Baggist".
                  Wait, are you saying you and The Baggist are cousins? Cool. And interesting because I see a similarity in your styles? Do you agree? Soes anyone else notice this?

Comment

• Kyle
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
                    Keep it up brother! looking good, I agree with Alan "RELAX" lol also after u do that Double elbow strike. "Fist, Elbow-one re-bounbound- elbow fist, as soon as u hit that last fist try to start linking. Hope ya understand what im talking about "im a bagger but not on the computer lol i just KNOW the punches and how to show them not how to write a 40 PAGE essay on it likie "ALAN THE KING KAHN" OMG thats alans new name for me No long shall i call him speedbag king it will be Alan "THE KING KAHN" kinda like "KING KONG" hahahaha yeahhhhhhhh sorry got a little off track there.

But good video bro!
                    oh my god that nickname is amazing!!!
                    ________
                    LIVE SEX
                    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• The Baggist
                      Vert Baggin' Master
                      • May 2009

Wait, are you saying you and The Baggist are cousins? Cool. And interesting because I see a similarity in your styles? Do you agree? Soes anyone else notice this?
                      Yeah that's my cousin AL......He's been picking up some nice combos over the last couple of months....Like Alan and Skunk say he just needs to relax and loosen up a bit.

"ALAN THE KING KAHN" OMG thats alans new name for me No long shall i call him speedbag king it will be Alan "THE KING KAHN" kinda like "KING KONG" hahahaha yeahhhhhhhh sorry got a little off track there.
                      That's perfect SKUNK except I think Alan might be a little less hairy and instead of swatting planes out of the air he swats speed bags.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
                        ...That's perfect SKUNK except I think Alan might be a little less hairy and instead of swatting planes out of the air he swats speed bags.

But good video bro!
                        "King Kong" of speed bag?? So, you calling me a big Speed Bag Monkey??

Well, that's cool. A skunk calling a brother bagger a monkey. At least I don't hit no Bananna Bags...

by the way, for the record, SKUNK is the first person to ever make the reference of "king". It was not a moniker I sought or ever considered, and I thank him for his assessment. Watching his development over the last year I should dedicate this one to him.
                        Last edited by Speedbag; 09-01-2009, 12:59 PM.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

OK... "King Kahn" is great!
                          My friend and I also started making many names up for Alan's books, DVD's, etc...
                          WE actually made a list that I can't find this second....but....
                          One was.... The Speed Bag Bible... Alan will get you in Kahn-trol of the bag!
                          Or... Bagging Without Kahn-flict!
                          Or... The Master of The Bag.... NO Kahn-test!!!!
                          And it went on and on......
                          BAG ON!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

OK... "King Kahn" is great!
                            My friend and I also started making many names up for Alan's books, DVD's, etc...
                            WE actually made a list that I can't find this second....but....
                            One was.... The Speed Bag Bible... Alan will get you in Kahn-trol of the bag!
                            Or... Bagging Without Kahn-flict!
                            Or... The Master of The Bag.... NO Kahn-test!!!!
                            And it went on and on......
                            BAG ON!

Geez, I thought I had thought of every "KAHN" kahncoction. My pest controller daughter name Dee, my shortest son name Lepre, my argumentative uncle named Proand, my jailed brother named X, and on and on. But I gotta admit, I never thought of "kahn test". I don't know why I missed that one. I must have been Kahn-fused. (actually my cervical spine has that name).

Good one, BT.
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kaju Dog
                              • Jul 2009

I think this thread is starting to give me Kahnjunctivitis... I just kahn't stop watching the great vid clips!

You're gonna give us all kahncusions if we dont quit baggin on ya.

Oh well, I appreciate the kahnsistancy of your followers. This stuff is really kahntageaous...

Bag ON!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...