• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

I can feel the music...Grand Funk style

Somebody stop me!!

The bag has its grip on me – big time. I have transcended to another level of speed bagging, I think. And I just can't seem to get enough. Look up "addictive personality" – and you might see my picture next to the definition.

My New Year's Resolution (after stepping on the scale last week) is to lose the 5+ extra pounds I gained over the holidays. So, I figure if I do a workout like this one every day, maybe I'll be in shape by spring...

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • Inkspill
    • Dec 2010

Most impressive!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Inkspill View Post
      Most impressive!

Thanks Inkspill! And welcome to the forum. I checked out your video posting too. You're off to a good start! And if you're like me (and everybody else on this forum!) you've been bitten and there's no escape from the mighty grip of the speed bag...

Bag on!
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Biff
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Wow, very nice job (as usual), Dee. You'll have those extra holiday pounds melting away with workouts like that.

Just curious, are you planning to make it to SB II this year?????

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
          Wow, very nice job (as usual), Dee. You'll have those extra holiday pounds melting away with workouts like that.

Just curious, are you planning to make it to SB II this year?????
          You better believe it!!!!!!!!! In fact, I started sockin' money away the day I returned from SB 2010! And, I hope to be 10 pounds lighter by then too!!
          I just need to punch to this song about 100 more times!

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

GREAT! Try not to get lost this time hahaha j/k. And make sure you don't miss ANY of the festivities this time.

I have no doubt you'll shed those lbs and be at your fighting weight come June (you've got 5 months, my $$$ is on you).
            Last edited by Biff; 01-16-2011, 08:53 AM. Reason: Trouble with subtraction!

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Looks and sounds great. Everything sounds right on time. You definitely feeling the beat.
              Last edited by Speedbag; 01-21-2011, 06:39 AM.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Wow! Keep that up and those pounds don't stand a chance1
                sigpic

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                  Wow! Keep that up and those pounds don't stand a chance
                  I wonder how I can figure out the formula for losing weight via speed bagging... like, I wonder how many times I would have to hit the bag at this tempo in order to lose 1 pound of er, FAT!

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  Looks and sounds great. Everything sound right on time. You definitely feeling the beat.
                  Thanks Alan. In his video, I was hitting on an under-inflated bag and this was my "3rd Take." *whew* The first two takes had "lighting issues." So, I was not up to the challenge of incorporating any fancy punches in the final vid. Actually, I was trying to emulate Rhi (toolbox's daughter) and just hit continuous strong, solid punches -- and to try to keep on beat throughout. I noticed a few moments where I got ahead of the beat briefly.

Comment

• Avadia
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                    I wonder how I can figure out the formula for losing weight via speed bagging... like, I wonder how many times I would have to hit the bag at this tempo in order to lose 1 pound of er, FAT!
                    Just take a tip from AK and put an exercise bike under your platform. Then you can ride away those pounds while you punch. Talk about having to gain a whole new level of coordination. Punching to the music while trying to maintain foot pedal speed would be tough.

Comment

• deano
                      Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

better and better

Hey Dee ,5mins of great punching,heaps of variations and all in perfect time.
                      Looks like your really enjoying yourself and have adapted to the new ball with
                      ease,and as far as the few extra christmas kilos ,we have all got them this time of year.Don't stop punching .deano
                      Last edited by deano; 01-16-2011, 05:29 AM.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                        Somebody stop me!!

The bag has its grip on me – big time. I have transcended to another level of speed bagging, I think. And I just can't seem to get enough. Look up "addictive personality" – and you might see my picture next to the definition.

My New Year's Resolution (after stepping on the scale last week) is to lose the 5+ extra pounds I gained over the holidays. So, I figure if I do a workout like this one every day, maybe I'll be in shape by spring...

Awesome MsD, you are a insparation to all of us

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by deano View Post
                          Hey Dee ,5mins of great punching,heaps of variations and all in perfect time.
                          Looks like your really enjoying yourself and have adapted to the new ball with
                          ease...
                          Yes, deano, I enjoy every minute under the board and it's good to know that it shows.

You know, I think – for me anyway – it's not the love of punching the bag so much as it is the love of hearing the beat. A very addictive/seductive sound for me. And I really strive to keep on beat.

I continue to adapt to the ball... and experiment with air pressure... It's been cold out lately, and the air pressure seems to go down when the bag goes from the warm indoors to the woodshed. I don't usually notice till about 20 minutes in... Consequently, I'm hitting a little harder to compensate, thus a better workout for me, in my opinion.

Originally posted by deano View Post
                          Don't stop punching deano
                          No way! It's practice, practice, practice...

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
                            Awesome MsD, you are a insparation to all of us

Thanks toolbox. This video is the result of Rhi's video... very inspiring for me. I hope she keeps doing what she's doing and I wish her well in her boxing endeavor.

Comment

• metaldad
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Apr 2007

Awesome Awesome video MsD!! Great music choice as well. At least this time I won't mistake GFR for Lynard Skynard . I'm actually going into self imposed exile as Gregg Allman and Derek Trucks are seeking my head on a platter lol!
                              sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...