• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brad
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2008

Grant gloves the same as TKO gloves

Other than a minor color accent, I don't think there is any disputing that the following Grant gloves are not the very same as the TKO gloves, but at a much higher price.

At Ringside, we are serious about fight sports, especially boxing and MMA. We offer the best prices on boxing equipment in addition to videos, tutorials, and guides. Low-cost shipping guaranteed!

At Ringside, we are serious about fight sports, especially boxing and MMA. We offer the best prices on boxing equipment in addition to videos, tutorials, and guides. Low-cost shipping guaranteed!

• toolboxdiver
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2008

I'll dispute that, I have the Grant Campeon Super Bag Gloves and they are fantastic, the padding is the biggest difference and how your hands feel after hitting the bag for a few rounds. The quality of the leather is another difference, pictures are very deceiving how many times do models ever look as good as the pictures you see them in...lol

Comment

• Brad
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Apr 2008

I'm not saying that Grant gloves are not good, nor that all Grant gloves are the same as TKO gloves. In fact I haven't seen TKO gloves like the ones to which I referred, anywhere else before. I still contend, however, that these two specific sets of gloves are the same. Enlarge the photos and you'll see the same construction. Check the Grant catalogue and you'll find the Super Bag Gloves shot from a different angle, one that shows even more stitching similarity.

I'm by no means an expert on boxing gloves, but I fail how to see how anyone could reach a different conclusion than I have, after carefully examining the photos. I'm not intending any sarcasm whatsoever, but did you look closely at the photos, or did you just assume that TKO could not be the same as Grant? I realize that my proposition is a rather bold one but, again, I think it's a valid one.

Do you have the same model of Super Bag Glove that is currently being sold by Grant? If so, is the country of origin identified? Not that where they are made is significant in any way, but I'm just curious.

Does anyone else have an opinion about this topic? I don't know for certain that my assertion is correct, and I'm confident that Ringside would refuse to provide any answers to such questions. So, I welcome additional input, or even better, firsthand reports about the gloves in question.

Comment

• speedbag4life
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        . So, I welcome additional input, or even better, firsthand reports about the gloves in question.
        Sounds like Toolbox already gave a first-hand report. For additional input: look more carefully at the enlarged photos. The leather on the Grants appears to be of higher quality.

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

wouldn't mind checking em' both out, anything is probably better than the century gloves I currenlty have been using. But I really can't complain cuz they definitely have lasted me a good while. Check these out
          Attached Files
          Last edited by metaldad; 05-24-2008, 11:42 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

• atgatt
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

For about a year I've put up with Century neoprene gloves. They are OK but when I hit the heavy double end bag or heavy 11 inch title speed bag, which is always a part of my workout, my bad left, large knuckle gets sore. For anything smaller in either bag, they're fine.

So I tried some Adidas (sp?) gloves that worked well but were too tight at the finger tips so returned them. Then I tried Century leather wraps open finger gloves and still got a sore knuckle.

So, I just called Title and was on the phone with them for a while and ordered these Title Gel gloves:

NEVER did I imagine spending so much just on gloves to workout, but it's time to get off my cheap ass and protect my bad knuckle. Sure hope the gloves do the trick.

Comment

• paige29
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Sep 2008

Buterbean Gets Knocked Out

Butterbean now weighing over 450 pounds got knocked out in Blackpool Sunday night check out photos of him

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Glove comparison

Agreed, they look pretty much the same....
                But let's say you go buy a new Les Paul shaped guitar...if you buy a Gibson you are getting top of the line. If you buy an Epiphone, you are getting a discount version although they both look the same in a picture. The quality and craftmanship etc... is different with the Gibson always being the better of the two.
                If you buy a new "blue sparkle" drumset, you can spend anywhere from 300.00 to 15,000.00? But in the pictures they will all look like nice, new blue sparkle drumsets..... The ones priced in the middle will all be comparable and then it's a matter of taste.
                Like anything, it's all about feel. And until those gloves are on your hands and you're baggin', it's safe to say you won't really know....

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...