• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roc Stone
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2007

Shades

This be my nu Grant.

I'z know I'z said it was a 9x6, but I'z caint rightly tell. I'z git a perfect 6" from top to mid, but I get a 10" from side to side. That said, it give me the dang speed of an 8x5.

sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
    This be my nu Grant.

I'z know I'z said it was a 9x6, but I'z caint rightly tell. I'z git a perfect 6" from top to mid, but I get a 10" from side to side. That said, it give me the dang speed of an 8x5.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=hOISFSl-t1Q
    Your mix of combinations has really improved. Man you are looking very smooth! Nice consistent linking and Downward Elbow Strikes. I didn't miss the cool split fists and double splits either, mixed in with Side Double Punching. I really like your elbow positions, which is making your linking a lot easier. You're really gettin' it! Looks like Australia's got a budding speed bag master in its midst.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey Roc, you must be spending lots of time under the board. Man, you are looking fine, my SB brother. Great work. Congrats.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great job! Smooth! BAG ON!

Comment

• Roc Stone
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2007

Thanky for the kind words guy's.

Hey has anyone seen any footage of Showtime JonnyPal on the speed bag? Apparently he's a grand master of the 'White Crane' style of speed baggin. Does anyone know of this?
          sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• spinsmashpop
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Hey has anyone seen any footage of Showtime JonnyPal on the speed bag? Apparently he's a grand master of the 'White Crane' style of speed baggin. Does anyone know of this?
            He seems real into the bag. And posts a lot of positive comments. He posted a nice one to me once. I don't anything beyond that though. Would be cool to see a clip of him. It would also be cool to see some new Skunk, Alan Kahn, Paulie D', Tim Platt, Billy Mackk, and Dee Pooler....

And what about a Speed Bag competition/ seminar/ convention/ get together/ party???? This should happen this year!

Lookout for YYSpeed and The Immigrant Bag... soon!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

hmmm. White Crane style of Speed Baggin' Sounds very mystical. Must be some esoteric style practiced by the rarely seen western kachooka tribes that lived on the southern plains of North Dakota for a while. Or maybe it was the eastern plains of south carolina. I get them confused. I heard about them, but never got to see one.

I think the man that taught me (Dr. Schroeder) had worked with them, cause he call the "outward-single elbow strike" a single goose neck, and he called the "outward-Triple Elbow Strike" the Double Goose neck. Now a goose is a bird very similiar to the crane, so maybe it was a related style - he never said.

Seriously, JohnnyPal is a scream. He writes me on youtube occassionally about speed bag videos and he is a really great guy with a super attitude. I see his posts on other bagger video's also. He is a Very talented musician with 48 video's - and not ONE has any speed bag that I've seen. I know he loves the speed bag, but If he is a master of White Crane style baggin', he is keeping those skills a secret. If I ever get to Hawaii, I'm gonna look him up cause I bet he's fun to hang with. Throw back a few brewski's and play a little Yukele (...maybe steal a speed baggin crane tip or two..)
              Last edited by Speedbag; 01-24-2009, 07:50 PM.
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                hmmm. White Crane style of Speed Baggin' Sounds very mystical. Must be some esoteric style practiced by the rarely seen western kachooka tribes that lived on the southern plains of North Dakota for a while. Or maybe it was the eastern plains of south carolina. I get them confused. I heard about them, but never got to see one.

I think the man that taught me (Dr. Schroeder) had worked with them, cause he call the "outward-single elbow strike" a single goose neck, and he called the "outward-Triple Elbow Strike" the Double Goose neck. Now a goose is a bird very similiar to the crane, so maybe it was a related style - he never said.

Seriously, JohnnyPal is a scream. He writes me on youtube occassionally about speed bag videos and he is a really great guy with a super attitude. I see his posts on other bagger video's also. He is a Very talented musician with 48 video's - and not ONE has any speed bag that I've seen. I know he loves the speed bag, but If he is a master of White Crane style baggin', he is keeping those skills a secret. If I ever get to Hawaii, I'm gonna look him up cause I bet he's fun to hang with. Throw back a few brewski's and play a little Yukele (...maybe steal a speed baggin crane tip or two..)
                I play with Robbie Crane, the bass player from RATT. He's in the Schenker vid I posted. He just got a bag and board from Santa. Maybe he knows something he's not telling me about this White Crane bag style......

Comment

• Tim
                  Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

This be my nu Grant.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=hOISFSl-t1Q
                  Looks great! You're hitting from all sides of the bag, seamless !!! fantastic.

And you're BLASTING it for 6 minutes plus, nice... you'll never see any of my clips that long ...

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    Looks great! You're hitting from all sides of the bag, seamless !!! fantastic.

And you're BLASTING it for 6 minutes plus, nice... you'll never see any of my clips that long ...
                    It is really Great to see such big improvements in the board members. He's starting to own it from all sides.

Great progress, Roc.
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...