Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Reviews

Supporter Links & Advertisements

Reviews Post reviews of equipment, books, DVDs, etc. here

Old 12-31-2017, 12:03 AM
Speed Bag Trainee

RKahn is on a distinguished road
Tricks vs techniques

Hi. I’m working the techniques and lesson routines. While I’m going over and over them one by one chanting their names or grunting them as I.t gets quick, I believe these are all specific stated techniques individually and combinations presented in proven over time scientific manner. They are difficult to learn to even read then practice and require stamina and concentration. Mr Kahn provides secrets to achieve better consistent results. From beginner to super advanced. For me “techniques and combinations” is a serous definition reflecting the many many hours of practice required to work them. The word “tricks” reminds me of what my pets do for a treat and while requiring time to master for an animal, don’t come near to the concentration of difficulty a human must endure to work the magic on the speed bag. I offer this with all due respect and humbly just my own opinion. No offense meant.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:55 PM
Speed Bag Guru

jaja6009 is on a distinguished road
If you start to get stuck on a particular move look for videos of it here or on YouTube. Sometimes others do it a little different or the angle on the camera shows it better. Keep up the practice, it's a long road to master Alan's book.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:10 AM
Speed Bag Guru

BagBoy is on a distinguished road
I'll be purchasing the book in the near future. One question, does the book come with the DVD or are they sold separately? I want both but I learn in large leaps and bounds watching video but the book is also something I've got to git my gloves on.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:44 AM
Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagBoy View Post
I'll be purchasing the book in the near future. One question, does the book come with the DVD or are they sold separately? I want both but I learn in large leaps and bounds watching video but the book is also something I've got to git my gloves on.
Yes, you can get Book & Single DVD together

or Book and 4-DVD set together. order via PM to me

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
*attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
The Quest Continues...
Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

THE 10th Year Reunion!

The Art of the Bag
Old 08-18-2018, 10:25 PM
Speed Bag Guru

BagBoy is on a distinguished road
Recently bought Alan's book with the two hour condensed DVD as well as disk four, of four (thank you Alan) advanced combinations dvd.

If you're a newbie to the forum and really want to get serious in your new addiction; Get this book, you won't regret it. And hey, for the price it's a no brainer. You can only get so far on youtube videos etc so it only makes sense.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:50 PM

Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagBoy View Post
Recently bought Alan's book with the two hour condensed DVD as well as disk four, of four (thank you Alan) advanced combinations dvd.

If you're a newbie to the forum and really want to get serious in your new addiction; Get this book, you won't regret it. And hey, for the price it's a no brainer. You can only get so far on youtube videos etc so it only makes sense.
Glad to know it arrived ok.

thanks.

The Quest Continues...

THE 10th Year Reunion!

The Art of the Bag
Old 08-25-2018, 11:30 AM
Speed Bag Historian

Dutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud of
The book is a must have, I bought it when it first came out, and I have the VHS tape that came with it to prove it
Old 08-25-2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
The book is a must have, I bought it when it first came out, and I have the VHS tape that came with it to prove it
whoa...! that's old!! Need a DVD replacement? I'll send you one

The Quest Continues...

THE 10th Year Reunion!

The Art of the Bag
Old 08-26-2018, 07:56 AM
Speed Bag Historian

Dutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud of
That would be very kind of you