• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jake View Post
    Thanks Swfl,
    It's nice to hear my video inspired you to work on something.
    If you have not seen Gtowns videos you should. He's the one who inspired me to learn alternating fist rolls.
    I shot that Aerosmith video cold. I had not warmed up or given it any thought. Just feeling my way through.

Towards the end I started thinking about what moves I should try to throw in, and lost my concentration.
    For me it's best to not over think things, and just do what feels right
    Very well said. When you think about how your going to punch to the music, f your concentrating on techniques, you end up just hitting the bag with music on. If you really want to "Punch Drum", let the rhythm be your guide, not your brain thinking about what you're going to throw next.

When you are dancing to your favorite song, having a real blast to the music, just moving and grooving,....do you want to ruin it thinking about the dance steps your going to use, where or how your arms should move in sync? Sure you can practice those moves when you are "practicing your dance moves and footwork", but when out there on the floor getting into it, that is NOT the time to worry about how to dance to the music.

(...if you have no rhythm or can't dance... that probably won't make any sense.. )
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...