• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

Semi Annual update from Chris M

Okay guys, it's been a long time for those of you who still remember me. Since I last posted, I got back into the National Guard to finish out retirement, moved to Michigan and transferred to a Guard unit up there. We deploy to Afghanistan in July for one year. I've been catching up on a lot of training and am currently at Fort Bragg, NC for three weeks.

I just found out they have a boxing gym here on post and plan on going there tomorrow after class to see what they have. I'm psyched. Maybe I can show these kids a thing or two on the speed bag if they have one.
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

i spent 3 years there at ft. bragg. update me on your experience there!
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• PIEFURZ
      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Chris M, thanks for your service to our nation. I'm retired AF and have spent more time working with the army since then than the other services. A couple years at the Army Operations Center (AOC) really makes one appreciate what you guys do. Hope you get some R&R under the platform. Thanks for sending the snow and cold weather back north, I see it's been a mess down there. Keep in touch, the second speed bag convention is in New Jersey this June, hope you can make it. There is a gathering in St Lewis Jan 14 -16 but the weather has changed my mind on going.

Comment

• Chris M
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
        i spent 3 years there at ft. bragg. update me on your experience there!
        I haven't seen too much of it really just yet. I've only been here for 4 days. It is without a doubt the biggest post I've ever been to.

Comment

• Chris M
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
          Chris M, thanks for your service to our nation. I'm retired AF and have spent more time working with the army since then than the other services. A couple years at the Army Operations Center (AOC) really makes one appreciate what you guys do. Hope you get some R&R under the platform. Thanks for sending the snow and cold weather back north, I see it's been a mess down there. Keep in touch, the second speed bag convention is in New Jersey this June, hope you can make it. There is a gathering in St Lewis Jan 14 -16 but the weather has changed my mind on going.
          You're welcome Piefurz. The snow and cold weather is definitely here in NC! We still have a couple inches on the ground and it's going to get down into the teens tonight. Not much different than what I left in MI. The biggest difference is that everything is shut down. Most everything in Fayetteville has been shut down and all the stores are shut down here. I assume it's because there just isn't any snow and ice removal equipment.

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Good to hear from you Chris. Hope all goes well during deployment. Be sure to take a speed bag with you! I'm sure they are few and far between over there.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Good hearing from you Chris! glad everything is going great for you.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Great news Chris!! Good luck to you and teach the kids what time it is!!
                sigpic

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Thanks for the update, Chris, and thank you.

Keep your head down.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...