Tommy T & The BAG-A-TRON (Nation XERO Live!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedyTNation
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2013

Tommy T & The BAG-A-TRON (Nation XERO Live!)

Hi Speed Bag Forum,

Thanks for having me and it is an honor and priveldge and I wanted everyone to know how much I respect and appreciate your art and all the AMAZING things you do. My best pal Tommy (Speedy T) is featured in our band's new live clip with a new instrument (he made from scratch) we call it "The Bag-A-Tron"....which is to my knowledge the first ever speedbag and drum combination portable instrument.

If it's not too much trouble I was hoping maybe I could get some feedback from you all, we are all very proud of Tommy and so honored to be humbly attempting to combine the two worlds of speedbaggery and percussion/Rock N Roll like Mr. Kahn's book, I just wanted to get your feedback. Tommy really was great!

Again, thank you for having me.

Enjoy.

Sincerely and respectfully,

Johnny XerO
    Last edited by SpeedyTNation; 09-12-2013, 01:19 PM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SpeedyTNation View Post

Hi Speed Bag Forum,

Thanks for having me and it is an honor and priveldge and I wanted everyone to know how much I respect and appreciate your art and all the AMAZING things you do. My best pal Tommy (Speedy T) is featured in our band's new live clip with a new instrument (he made from scratch) we call it "The Bag-A-Tron"....which is to my knowledge the first ever speedbag and drum combination portable instrument.

If it's not too much trouble I was hoping maybe I could get some feedback from you all, we are all very proud of Tommy and so honored to be humbly attempting to combine the two worlds of speedbaggery and percussion/Rock N Roll like Mr. Khan's book, I just wanted to get your feedback. Tommy really was great!

Again, thank you for having me.

Enjoy.

Sincerely and respectfully,

Johnny XerO
    Gotta love it everytime Tommy gets under the board, (awesome speed bagging skills) and gotta love it everytime the speed bag gets on stage in front of people!! Thanks for letting him join your group and "spread the bag"

(oh, and that Mr. KHAN guy changed his name to KAHN about 63 years ago... Truth is, his grand parents came in through Ellis Island and their original name was "cohn", somehow it got changed to KAHN during importation and it was legally changed to KAHN in early 1940's by one of their sons (my uncle) who became a lawyer. just a note of historical fact. Plenty of family names got changed at Ellis Island to the easiest English spelling. )
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Thor
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Aug 2013

This is most bad assed thing I've ever seen!

My feedback is this ... AWESOME!

In fact, I'm going to go and try to discover some more of your music!

Comment

• SpeedyTNation
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        Gotta love it everytime Tommy gets under the board, (awesome speed bagging skills) and gotta love it everytime the speed bag gets on stage in front of people!! Thanks for letting him join your group and "spread the bag"

(oh, and that Mr. KHAN guy changed his name to KAHN about 63 years ago... Truth is, his grand parents came in through Ellis Island and their original name was "cohn", somehow it got changed to KAHN during importation and it was legally changed to KAHN in early 1940's by one of their sons (my uncle) who became a lawyer. just a note of historical fact. Plenty of family names got changed at Ellis Island to the easiest English spelling. )
        Absolutely, sir was typo. lol (was in a hurry) Thanks for all you do, your book is AMAZING btw, you are one of the true "living legends" of speedbaggery. Tommy let me borrow it (he's always spreading the Bag, absolutely following in your footsteps) and as musician, I couldn't but notice a lot of the terminology, and we're sitting there, "Bro, that looks almost drum music, BRILLIANT"!

So thank you, you're definitely one of the major influences, my friend, as well as one of the great pioneers in the art. I know Tommy looks up to all of you and speaks very highly of you, as he does everyone here.

Your punch drumming videos are classic, I know (we studied them! Awesome!)

Respectfully

Thank for your kind words on encouragement and support!

(hey Tommy, THE MAN himself just wrote me back! WOW!)
        Last edited by SpeedyTNation; 09-12-2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• SpeedyTNation
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Thor View Post
          This is most bad assed thing I've ever seen!

My feedback is this ... AWESOME!

In fact, I'm going to go and try to discover some more of your music!
          Thank you thundergod!

We are finishing up our first release very very soon.

It is called "RISE UP from Nothing: (The underdog's guide to Survival in the 21st Century)" and will be (to MY knowledge anyway lol) the FIRST EVER TRILOGY ALBUM release in music history. So a triple CD release (full length LP's) presented in 3 seperate "Episodes", Red, White and Blue. It's kinda risky, I know but, well if nothing else, it will be historic, and Tommy or myself will gladly keep you posted on details. (Think Star Wars meets The Fourth of July meets Halloween meets a raw new breed of Rock N Roll meets The "Art of the BAG" all rolled into one! I like to think it makes a statement, but only you can be the judge of that. Whatever your decision is, I assure you it is pure and of the streets.)

*Special Note: We have a suprise tribute for our friends in the Speed Bag community everywhere. Yep, u guessed it Tommy and his Bag-A-Tron will be making his actual RECORDING debut as well!

I believe that will make him, to MY knowledge again (and please correct me if I am wrong) the World's First Speedbag Original Recording artist (again to my knowledge) on a VERY *special track- one that I hope will inspire the Speed Bag Movement. So thank you all for embracing my bro, and wanted to say thank you all for inspiring us and the kind words.

I also sincerely hope the community will embrace it as a respect of the highest order.

I will try and find pics of him in the recording studio, it was quite an amazing sight!

Everyone, thank you for taking care of my VERY talented bro..."The percussive pugilistic PRINCE OF SPEEDBAGGERY" (sounds cool huh? lol sorry I'm bias, cant help we seen him fight back from a LOT, kinuva a hero round this neck of the woods), I want to come out to one of your events, if you will have me, cuz you guys are the REAL rockstars!

Best Wishes

Sincerely,

Johnny XerO

Revolutionmaker@aol.com
          ORIGINAL Johnny XerO on facebook
          NATION XERO (Facebook Band page)
          The XERO NATION (Facebook COMMUNITY PAGE) ---> we would be honored to have ANY of ur speedbagging vids on the Nation Community

Hit me up anytime!

LONG LIVE THE BAG!!! and Long Live Rock N Roll!
          Last edited by SpeedyTNation; 09-12-2013, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• nah
            • Jul 2013

Wow!!!

Great performance! Your baggin rhythm to my ears. Nice!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...