• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Holds Record For Fastest Punch

I'm posting a link for Keith Liddell. A Chicago boxer who holds the record for fastest punch....I wonder if Speedbag Mike has seen this? It easier to copy and paste the link using my phone.

sigpic
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

I have video of Skunk....and IMHO, he SMOKES this guy as far as speed & control!
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Zaza View Post

I have video of Skunk....and IMHO, he SMOKES this guy as far as speed & control!
      TRUE THAT!!! Let's not forget about Scissors!!! I didn't want to rip the guy but we here at the forum have witnessed blinding speed. This guy is fast...fistrolling, but let's see him really control the bag with speed and power ala Skunk, Scissorhands, Speedbag Mike, Ebozyn and Paulie D!
      Another link:

This guy is all fistrolls...again, I'm not ripping him, I just know I've seen true speed.
      sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
        This guy is fast...fistrolling
        seriously? It would be interesting to put him on the speed demon and see how it measures. I think Speedy TommyT has reached level 20 now, that's a sustained 280 punches per minute, in triplet rhythm. I'm gonna bet a triplet rhythm speed of 280 per minute is a bit faster than this roll.

MD, you need to get to the gathering and see some seriously fast bagging. The original speed demon model we had last year could only measure triplet rhythm punching, not fist rolling, but I think this years model with some improvements should be able to measure fist rolling.
        Last edited by Speedbag; 06-04-2013, 09:46 AM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

MD, you need to get to the gathering and see some seriously fast bagging. The original speed demon model we had last year could only measure triplet rhythm punching, not fist rolling, but I think this years model with some improvements should be able to measure fist rolling.
          Alan, the gathering just isn't in my cards. I have seen FAST bagging. This guy ain't it. I just don't feel qualified to rip him. I might be slightly faster fistrolling than hm, but who am I? The fastest and best baggers on the planet are right here on the forum. I mentioned this dude cuz WGN, the local news station, did a profile on him, spotlighting that he holds the world record for fastest speedbagging. I immediately thought of Speedbag Mike who would not only smoke him, he would have him panting like a dog!
          sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Alan, the gathering just isn't in my cards. I have seen FAST bagging. This guy ain't it. I just don't feel qualified to rip him.
            Come on, M.D, you gotta make it to at least ONE of our gatherings..... get a new deck of cards :-)

Understandable about not feeling qualified to rip him, but "Ripping" and questioning the validity of the statement "worlds fastest" at anything are not the same. Especially if it's "proven" by simply submitting a video.

..The fastest and best baggers on the planet are right here on the forum. I mentioned this dude cuz WGN, the local news station, did a profile on him, spotlighting that he holds the world record for fastest speedbagging. I immediately thought of Speedbag Mike who would not only smoke him, he would have him panting like a dog!
            Perhaps WGN got that off this online website... "Recordsetter". (First I've heard about it..). The folks at Guinness must be ticked.

I stand corrected, M.D. Nice find. Our next rack of ribs is on me. Nice to see our buddy speed bag scissorhands has "3" records also. Recordsetter even has their own youtube channel... amazing what you miss these days.

and remember, if we see and hear it on an internet video it must be true... They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true.
            Last edited by Speedbag; 06-06-2013, 02:10 AM.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

Perhaps WGN got that off this online website... "Recordsetter". (First I've heard about it..).
              ...oh no...this is giving me some crazy ideas!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                ...oh no...this is giving me some crazy ideas!
                Hey Za, oh guru of film and video... how would a video based system guard against that worlds version "performance enhancing" editing tricks, easily boosting performance by 5-10%.

Such as movieMaker for windows or the systems we use, Sony Vegas or Movie Maker or the MAC editing software

One could easily boost their speed bag "speed" up or down with a few mouse clicks and sweeten the sound to remove any pitch changes due to the effect.

Here is an easy 12% enhancement. Five Seconds is 12% of one minute. (5x12=60). Fist Roll, Punch, do whatever on the bag as fast as you can for 65 seconds. Then adjust the speed of video and audio to 60 seconds . Adjust the audio to lower the pitch if the speed warp changed it a bit. Save the clip.

Then video a stop watch for a minute. Overlay the 60 seconds stop watch on your 60 second clip (really 65 seconds, but who knew....), and save it out. viola! proof of your 60 second punching speed.

Not saying that anyone would do that, of course, but one could be a bit skeptical about relying on "video produced" evidence of anything relating to speed.

But for crazy ideas..... In New Jersey we have 12 speed bag units up. We could have 12 baggers punch drumming to the same song at once in the same place. That would be a record and we could all get a certificate.

I think MsDeville has set a record, the first lady to punch drum on a vertical speed bag....

How about the most speed baggers punching in their pajama's at once...

Have MsDeville bring her speed bag bus with eight or nine speed bags attached, get speedy tommy's truck, A few other members have modified their vehicle to hold a speed bag....and have a record for the most speed baggers hitting outside at once....

We could get the Keyport NJ police to verify that we hold the record for the most police busts concerning a group of speed baggers after midnight. Three so far...

Man, I'm seeing a whole wall of record certicates before this is through.
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2011

Great minds think alike!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...