• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boxing Bagger
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2009

Yellow Title speedbag

Hi, does anybody know if you can buy the yellow 5x8 speedbag in the uk? i sent sugarrays a message a while back, asking if they sell them they replied and said they were getting them in, in 3weeks that was over 2months ago now.
    If not im just gonna order it from Title, its $29.99 plus $44 for shipping.
    Thanks
  • gvee127
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Boxing Bagger View Post
    Hi, does anybody know if you can buy the yellow 5x8 speedbag in the uk? i sent sugarrays a message a while back, asking if they sell them they replied and said they were getting them in, in 3weeks that was over 2months ago now.
    If not im just gonna order it from Title, its $29.99 plus $44 for shipping.
    Thanks
    I can't speak about avail. in UK, but Title's backordered. Last time I checked they said end of Aril. Visit http://www.titlemma.com/sf_41/c_6/p_SB+5.aspx and you'll see the 5 x 8 is backordered. If you call, they can give you a date. Titleboxing.com always shows in stock!

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by gvee127 View Post
      I can't speak about avail. in UK, but Title's backordered. Last time I checked they said end of Aril. Visit http://www.titlemma.com/sf_41/c_6/p_SB+5.aspx and you'll see the 5 x 8 is backordered. If you call, they can give you a date. Titleboxing.com always shows in stock!
      Try this Titleboxing site I ordered a few bags from there last week (not the yellow) and they arrived quickly, as promised.

I will say that The 8x5 Gyro is a sweet bag. I like everything about it. Not yet my favorite, but highly recommended. (same size as the Everlast XS yellow and black, but fatter around the belly. Lighter, too).
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Boxing Bagger
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Dec 2009

Thanks, i think i'll order the title gyro bag, it sounds like a great bag.

Comment

• Boxing Bagger
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          Try this Titleboxing site I ordered a few bags from there last week (not the yellow) and they arrived quickly, as promised.

I will say that The 8x5 Gyro is a sweet bag. I like everything about it. Not yet my favorite, but highly recommended. (same size as the Everlast XS yellow and black, but fatter around the belly. Lighter, too).
          Hi Alan,
          Can i just ask how this bag compares to the yellow 5x8 bag? ,many thanks.
          Dean

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

I ordered 2 of the Yellow Titles in January, and they were backordered until late April. A few days ago, Title sent me 2 Tuf-Wear 5x8's instead, probably because they are not sure when the Yellow Titles will be back in stock. I was a little disappointed at first, because I really wanted to try the Yellow Title, but after a couple minutes...Damn, the Tuf-Wear is a sweet bag. It is listed as 5x8, but is as small, or smaller than the Everlast 6x4, and easily as fast. The quality of the leather is very good as well. These are on sale at Title right now, and I would highly recommend them. Anyone who likes the extra small Everlast would fall in love with the 5x8 Tuf-Wear.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Boxing Bagger View Post
              Hi Alan,
              Can i just ask how this bag compares to the yellow 5x8 bag? ,many thanks.
              Dean
              It compares very well, however at this moment I like the Yellow better because it's a "tad" heavier on the hands and comes closer to my preferred weight.
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Griffin
                • Jan 2010

Hi Alan,

These are two bags that I've been considering... would you be willing to post a picture of them side by side? (the yellow Title and the Gyro)

Thanks!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                  Hi Alan,

These are two bags that I've been considering... would you be willing to post a picture of them side by side? (the yellow Title and the Gyro)

Thanks!
                  Yes I can, however my Yellow Title has gone "bags down" on me a few weeks ago. Not sure why. It was hanging on the hook, like normal, I came in to hit it, only to find it perfectly flat. kaput. no air. It will hold air for about a minute but has a noticeable leak through the valve. Like "the last mellon" in Ice-Age the movie, this was "My last yellow" as my others have drifted off.

But I did blow it up and attempt some pictures, seen below. Notice the Yellow is a bit flat but you can tell the size and shape. Notice the gyro appears a bit more tapered toward the bottom than the Yellow, which looks a bit flatter from the belly to the bottom. But in size and shape they are fery similiar. I also added a picture with the Everlast XS for comparison. I do not believe that is a "6x4 bag" for it is not noticeably smaller than these 8x5's.
                  Attached Files
                  Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Griffin
                    • Jan 2010

Thanks for posting those pics! Very helpful...

I think I'm going to get the yellow Title... looks a little fatter, and you say it's a touch heavier, which I like... and the leather looks high quality...

Yup, settled! Thanks, Alan.

Comment

• Biff
                      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Griffin, you will not be disappointed with the yellow title bag.

Comment

• Griffin
                        • Jan 2010

Thanks for the confirmation, Biff!

Hey, Alan -- did you draw a line around the belly of the bag? What is that, if I may ask??

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                          Thanks for the confirmation, Biff!

Hey, Alan -- did you draw a line around the belly of the bag? What is that, if I may ask??
                          I've gone through several creative phases over the years and marked up older bags for various reasons. I've draw a line around lighter colored bags, usually at the belly, sometimes just above the belly.

That could be because I was videotaping something specific and wanted the visual effect of the line effect on the moving bag. The line around the bag will create a constant line afterimage as you hit and give a visual effect or reference point to watch. For instance, IF the line noticeably above the belly, and you do fast single and double fist linking, I was looking for the effect of the hands passing straight through "under the line" on the bag. You can see what the looks like in this video starting at 2:58. This was a couple of days after I bought several of the Fighting Pro white bags and didn't particulary like the video look of the unbroken bright white bag. I drew a line around the belly to offer some contrast. Notice I did it above the fist contact point, so the after image is above the fist contacts.

I also marked a few bags when I was developing an electronic drum rebound board. I had covered a 24inch rebound board with light colored tileboard, and marked a light colored 9x6 and 8x5 yellow around that belly with black magic marker. Then I hung the bags on the swivel, pressed it to the board and would roll it around, creating the circular "rebound contact" reference point on the board. I could use the bag belly contact point (circle) to place the flat acoustic drum triggers on the board. The electronic triggers (8 or 12) would be connected to my DM5 electronic drum module. I wanted the acoustic drum triggers just beyond the bag belly contact point, so the bag-belly contact point on the board would not directly contact the trigger (drastically alters the rebound) but would hit just short of it. I did mark that exact yellow bag for that reason in early spring 2006. Actually I marked two of these Yellow 8x5's. I think the line embarrassed the first one and it ran away shortly afterward, or it's still hiding from me out in the garage.
                          Last edited by Speedbag; 03-11-2010, 08:53 PM.
                          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Anyone ordering the yellow Title should expect to wait at least 6 weeks; They are shown to be on backorder til 4/27.

Comment

• Boxing Bagger
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Dec 2009

Ive just had a email of title myself, saying the end of april, im just gonna hold out and wait.
                              It will be worth it im sure lol! as heard nothing but great things about this bag.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...