X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keith G.
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2010

Looking for a speedbag that won't break?

Tim,

Where can I buy one of these bags? I'm looking for a speedbag because I've gone through three Everlast bags in the last week; the bag either rips or the bladder collapses inside. I boxed for ten years and never saw anybody but Sonny Liston or Joe Frazier break a bag and that was from sheer power and now here the bladder literally collapsed inside this bag on me yesterday after only two rounds of punching it and Sports Authority told me they won't let me trade in anymore bags so I'm persona non grata there. Is this bag leather or what?

Peace,
    Keith G.

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

They are synthetic - apparently a damn good synthetic. Here's the link:

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Keith G. View Post
        Tim,

Where can I buy one of these bags?
        Title boxing, which carry most of my favorite speed bags:

I'm looking for a speedbag because I've gone through three Everlast bags in the last week; the bag either rips or the bladder collapses inside. I boxed for ten years and never saw anybody but Sonny Liston or Joe Frazier break a bag and that was from sheer power and now here the bladder literally collapsed inside this bag on me yesterday after only two rounds of punching it and Sports Authority told me they won't let me trade in anymore bags so I'm persona non grata there.
        How much air are you putting in? I always punch bare handed and that necessitates a less than rock hard bag. Most are very hard to pop if you take a good amount of air out. You should be able to punch bare handed in comfort, anything more than that is too much air.

Is this bag leather or what?

Peace,
        Keith G.
        It is *NOT* leather and they go out of their way to make that clear.

If you're popping retail size bags (probably 10x7 or 9x6), you are not likely to have any better luck with these Titles. All things even, a smaller bag is easier to pop than a big one

Hope that helps.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Thanks jump. If it makes you feel better, the 59 minutes of that session that didn't make it into the final clip looked like an off session too

I did about 50 takes of that downard elbow ' inward elbow ' outward elbow before I ended up with 3 that were good enough to be put on the internet...
          that was an amazing Combo! I've never seen that one before

for the record it looks like: (D-DES) ' (I-DES) ' (O-DES), with a double bump off the downward fist to the FSP lead of the Inward.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Oooo-weee!! that's F-A-S-T baggin'

I'm really diggin' this Title Platinum XS (the 5"x7" size, not the crazy small XXS). I can do everything I can do on it and it is one fast bag. My speed has picked up considerably as I have been using the Platinum Atomics exclusively for the past 3 months (I won the XS at SPEED B.A.G. 2010 and I bought an XXS also as soon as I got back to home base).

I've had a lot of fun on it, improved my advanced punching a bit, and am hitting faster than ever now.

The bag is extremely durable and has minimal signs of wear after 3 months of HARD use. It has definitely lost a bit of the shiny finish but other than that, it's in great shape, much better than a lot of other bags I have.

Boy, Tim. You're really stepping up to light-speed on the punching! I've always liked your videos, but this is quite a demo of your skills on the small bag. You look like you've burned some calories working out on that speed-demon bag.

Loved watching :26-:35 in the vid ...was really cool looking and simply awesome to watch. You and Mrs. Mitts have the technique down pat. So precise and exact. I wish I had the discipline that you two share.
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              that was an amazing Combo! I've never seen that one before

for the record it looks like: (D-DES) ' (I-DES) ' (O-DES), with a double bump off the downward fist to the FSP lead of the Inward.
              Thanks Alan! I knew it was pretty unique , wasn't sure if it's been "done" before. I'm sure somebody has somewhere...

It can definitely be done without double-bumps as well. At this point the double bump is instinct , I don't even think about it.

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
              Boy, Tim. You're really stepping up to light-speed on the punching! I've always liked your videos, but this is quite a demo of your skills on the small bag. You look like you've burned some calories working out on that speed-demon bag.
              Thanks Dee!

Loved watching :26-:35 in the vid ...was really cool looking and simply awesome to watch. You and Mrs. Mitts have the technique down pat. So precise and exact. I wish I had the discipline that you two share.
              That's the look of "wow i finally got it going good and fast... hope the camera is on... hot damn, I think it is... now don't screw up... don't screw up"

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Thanks Alan! I knew it was pretty unique , wasn't sure if it's been "done" before. I'm sure somebody has somewhere...

It can definitely be done without double-bumps as well. At this point the double bump is instinct , I don't even think about it.
                ah! you've entered the state of "no mind" on it. It's just there whenever you need it. very nice!
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                  Tim that was a bagging masterclass
                  X2 Really nice Tim. Great elbow combos, unreal!! I was impressed with your hitting @ SB2010, but thats crazy. I really like that I-E' O-E.
                  The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• jumpcannon
                    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

How did you edit your vid to get the frame to "shrink and twist" between clips? You use editing software or is that an option on youtube?
                    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
                      How did you edit your vid to get the frame to "shrink and twist" between clips? You use editing software or is that an option on youtube?
                      iMovie HD on Mac OS X. I don't believe anything that fancy can be done via Youtube...

Comment

• jumpcannon
                        Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

ok...thanks. I will see if my windows movie maker has anything cool on it. Probably not though.
                        evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Biff
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Holy Crap Tim, you were smokin that little bag. Really nice elbow combos. That practice is really yielding dividends.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Tim! I can't believe I just watched this now!
                            I was laughing watching it! You have put a lot of time into the double bumpin' and it has paid off! Some of those combos are full on your own!
                            I had both Atomic bags after the convention, but they got stolen and the few minutes I tried, I loved them...
                            I gotta get them soon...
                            Yes, you wrote...
                            "I'm all metal, all the time"...." I love the sound it makes, and the fact that you can mod it a bit to make the rebound arc really short (Mount the hook as deep as possible in the ball). I've gone plastic for extended amounts of time, but I always come back to the metal ball hook. It's just a lot more satisfying for me. I'm not a big fan of the traditional u-bolt, but the Jim Bradley polycarbon still makes for a really wicked fast rebound, I've got that one mounted on the second platform....
                            I all metal too! Metal music and swivs!! HAHA!!!
                            But, yes, something about the sound of all metal is killer...
                            Anyhow.... that was some sick stellar footage!
                            Take a bow! You earned it!!!
                            BAG ON! DON'T DRAG ON!

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

XXS Atomic

Title should introduce a special edition of the XXS Atomic, the "Tiny Tim," available in extremely limited quantities, 10% discount for forum members.

Perhaps HaiderPak will see this and beat them to the punch.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
                                Title should introduce a special edition of the XXS Atomic, the "Tiny Tim," available in extremely limited quantities, 10% discount for forum members.
                                Yeah, I've always wanted product named after me as Tiny Tim

j/k I'd be honored to have anything of the sort!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...