• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

"Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson...and MsDeville

UPDATE:
    February 24, 2015

Well, I just discovered that they have blocked this YouTube video because of the music content!! GRRRR. And it was one of my favorite punch drumming videos…

(Message originally posted by MsDeville on 02-26-2011 at 01:37 AM

Okay. This is the last one I'll do for a while. Just couldn't help myself, as usual.

I downloaded this song the other day, and, well, the rest is history...

This starts out nice and slow, with a heavy drum beat. Makes it easy to get on beat with the bag. I found it easy to punch to. Although, you'll notice at least 4-5 mis-hits in this. Along with a "ghost" wandering through the movie frame... The punching at the end of the song is kind of unique...

Here's what I put together. Hope you enjoy it...

I live to bag.
    Last edited by MsDeville; 02-24-2015, 05:53 PM.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • Roc Stone
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2007

You practically had that bag going sideways in the closing minute of that.

Howz that bag treat'n ya? It appears to have some nice pace about it, a good crisp rebound to it too.

I'd like to push for 1 more vid before you take a spell. Perhaps you could put something together for us demonstrating your side punching techniques. Nothing flash, doesn't even have to be punch drumming. How about a 1.5 min vid of you freestyling, showcasing what you've got in you kit including my request 4 SP &/or SDP? Yes I did see you going Deano style but nothing more since.

Should you choose to accept this assignment you have 6 weeks(or so) to produce the goods
    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

A visual feast.

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

I commented on your FB page. I reiterate here:you BELONG in this forum!!
        sigpic

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
          You practically had that bag going sideways in the closing minute of that.

Howz that bag treat'n ya? It appears to have some nice pace about it, a good crisp rebound to it too.
          I
          Love
          My
          BFF
          Speed Ball
          period

It's a bit bigger than the yellow Title, but has fantastic rebounding qualities. Although my all-metal freestanding platform helps with the rebound as well – NO vibration whatsoever, and vibration is very likely a #1 KILLER of beginner baggers, for it will cause frustration and loss of interest with many.

That reminds me of something a friend told me (in regards to his stereo system waay back in the 70s). He said "your stereo will only be as good as your worst piece of equipment." So, if you fellow baggers can afford it, by all means, try to purchase/build the BEST platform to get the best results of your efforts. And a high-quality bag. (Not necessarily the most expensive.) Oh, and this can't be stressed enough: keep your elbows up. That's where a video camera can help. I'll watch my videos and have noticed that quite often when I goof up, it's because I dropped my elbows. (Trainer Raul drills this in to me constantly.)

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
          I'd like to push for 1 more vid before you take a spell. Perhaps you could put something together for us demonstrating your side punching techniques. Nothing flash, doesn't even have to be punch drumming. How about a 1.5 min vid of you freestyling, showcasing what you've got in you kit including my request 4 SP &/or SDP? Yes I did see you going Deano style but nothing more since.

Should you choose to accept this assignment you have 6 weeks(or so) to produce the goods
          Yes, I accept this assignment. And thank you for the 6 week window of time to "produce the goods." (Yikes, I feel the pressure already! )

Originally posted by paranday View Post
          A visual feast.
          Thanks Jim. Part of my goal is to at least present my "kit/repertoire" in a pleasing fashion. I've noticed that there are some newbies on here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJJUV...layer_embedded) who are already leaps and bounds beyond my "kit." Will you be coming to the "speed baggin' feast" in Keyport this year?

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
          I commented on your FB page. I reiterate here:you BELONG in this forum!!
          And I thank you for that, Patrick. You're an awesome individual and I'm so anxious to meet up with you in NJ this summer.

There has been so much activity here on the forum lately, I can't keep up with all the new Threads and new members. I think this speed baggin' thing is beginning to catch on...

I gotta tear myself away from the forum now and get to work...

Bag I must.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by MsDeville; 02-26-2011, 01:18 PM. Reason: typo
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Inkspill
            • Dec 2010

Nice touch with the shades ; )

When I watched I just thought "Professional!" I see your favorite in there : ) I liked the alternating downward elbows too. I can see you have a good ear for catching changes in the song's rhythm or beat? Not sure which would be the correct term, and you quickly change with it, sometimes I can't tell what the beat is or what pattern I need to make that beat. Anyway looking good!

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Feb 2010

Another great video Dee! Ha ha, love the 'prop malfunction!!??'

The new bag you've got there looks really good too.

Can't wait to see what you're going to come up with for your 'assignment'. That'll be a bit of a different challenge for you.

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

There has been so much activity here on the forum lately, I can't keep up with all the new Threads and new members. I think this speed baggin' thing is beginning to catch on...
              Couldn't agree more, gone are the days when a couple of days would go by with no new posts.....

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2010

Keep on posting Vidz!

Great punch drumming Dee! I liked the consecutive downward-double elbow strikes the upward-front double punches at the end.....they are unique! Oh and I am counting on your addiction to speed bagging to nullify your comment "This is the last one I'll do for a while"! Without your punch-drumming videos I'm afraid this will become a lost art!

Keep on Baggin and posting vidz! Looking forward to your next one!
                Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2008

awesome video Deeloved the shades they added the coolness factor great job

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Inkspill View Post
                    Nice touch with the shades ; )

When I watched I just thought "Professional!" I see your favorite in there : ) I liked the alternating downward elbows too. I can see you have a good ear for catching changes in the song's rhythm or beat? Not sure which would be the correct term, and you quickly change with it, sometimes I can't tell what the beat is or what pattern I need to make that beat. Anyway looking good!
                    Thanks Inkspill. Still have a long way to go on my skills and speed, but I don't mind working toward that goal. Too much fun to stop now!

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
                    Another great video Dee! Ha ha, love the 'prop malfunction!!??'
                    Yes. I wasn't sure how to smooth that error out. Showtime Johny Pal left a comment on YouTube by saying that it was the specter of Michael Jackson! Love it!

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
                    The new bag you've got there looks really good too.

Can't wait to see what you're going to come up with for your 'assignment'. That'll be a bit of a different challenge for you.
                    Yes. It will indeed be a challenge for me. I'm used to just "freestyling" my way through a song without having to think about it. Tonight I went out and thought about my progression since starting, and I went through each punch in chronologic order. It was actually enlightening. I hadn't really realized how many punches I have learned. Not necessarily MASTERED, but at least learned.

Over the past 18 months or so, I have slowly learned these different punches. It seems very slow in comparison to most of the baggers here on the forum. And, there are still several key punches that I haven't even tried to do yet. All in due time, I guess. I went back to practicing deano's style of side punching also tonight. I surprised myself to find that it seemed easier. Funny how that works. You can try to make a punch work, and you get frustrated and stop for a while. Then, when you go back to it days later, it just seems to "work."

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                    Great punch drumming Dee! I liked the consecutive downward-double elbow strikes the upward-front double punches at the end.....they are unique! Oh and I am counting on your addiction to speed bagging to nullify your comment "This is the last one I'll do for a while"! Without your punch-drumming videos I'm afraid this will become a lost art!

Keep on Baggin and posting vidz! Looking forward to your next one!
                    Ah, nova, you know me! Addicted I am! I'm trying to figure out how to wiggle out of that statement!

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
                    awesome video Dee loved the shades they added the coolness factor great job
                    Thanks toolbox. I was "experimenting" and trying to add a little variation to my video... yeah, shoulda worn some white glitzy gloves!

Comment

• deano
                      Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

Its been an amazing 18mths Dee,skills and determination to the point where I think you are setting the benchmark for other female baggers to aim.looking
                      forward to watching you continue along this great track .deano

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by deano View Post
                        Its been an amazing 18mths Dee,skills and determination to the point where I think you are setting the benchmark for other female baggers to aim.looking
                        forward to watching you continue along this great track .deano
                        Yes, it has indeed been an amazing 18 months. I discovered something that I have come to love – immensely. And, have made some great friendships along the way. Thank you deano, for you to consider me a benchmark for other female baggers... is an honor, for sure. Now I must go practice some more!
                        Last edited by MsDeville; 03-12-2011, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                          Yes, it has indeed been an amazing 18 months. I discovered something that I have come to love – immensely. And, have made some great friendships along the way. Thank you deano, for you to consider me a benchmark for other female baggers... is an honor, for sure. Now I must go practice some more!
                          Yep, that's speed baggin' and punch drumming. Ya love it and meet great folks along the way. From what I've seen You ARE clearly the elite female punch drummer, setting a standard that will be hard to equal. Your skills and control of speed bag combinations and beat/sound control is really impressive.
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                            Yep, that's speed baggin' and punch drumming. Ya love it and meet great folks along the way. From what I've seen You ARE clearly the elite female punch drummer, setting a standard that will be hard to equal. Your skills and control of speed bag combinations and beat/sound control is really impressive.
                            Well, if I had any doubts about my abilities, you have banished them, Alan. Thank you for these comments.

I love speed bagging. It has been my salvation these past several months.

And I LOVE this forum! (Thank you thank you thank you, Tim! We are indebted to you for creating the forum!) Some of the nicest people on earth have gathered here (with more joining every day), and I am so pleased to have found my way here.

I am working on triple punches, shadow punches, outward elbows, and of course, "deano-style" punching, to add to my repertoire of punches. And per Roc's request, will post something in a few weeks demonstrating my versions of the punches... MsDeville-style

Thanks gain, Alan. See you in NJ!

Comment

• royalewifcheese
                              • Jul 2008

nice punching, great song and cool shades!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...