• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roc Stone
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2007

Ya, 8 min is a good spell!

Seems distance isn't a problem for you. The longer the vids go for the rawer they can become giving the viewer a better insight to the style and variation in which the puncher is developing when hitting to music.

Can't get on to your latest vid yet. It must be copping a few hits, I can't get a look in.
    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Sb2010 = bliss

Originally posted by deano View Post
      hey Dee,great meeting you at SB2010,how good was it.looks like a few people have inspired you,AK with his faultless punch drumming and Scissor with his
      video skills,theres nothing you cant do,you are amazing,its all been said,really enjoyed our time together.take it easy deano
      Hi deano! Glad to hear from you. Thanks for the comments.

Yes, a lot of people here have inspired me. I guess I can't go wrong when I have speed bag mentors such as the likes of the members of this forum. This forum has been a wealth of information – free for the taking. I hope that I can inspire someone to take up this passion.

I had such a great time at SB2010. Wish I could have sat around and talked more with everybody. But, I think I was in awe most of the time.

I envy Bif for having the chance to spend so much time with you and your dad in Keyport, NJ. I hope I can meet up with you both next year at SB2011.
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

It's all about the elbows and stamina.

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
        Ya, 8 min is a good spell!

Seems distance isn't a problem for you. The longer the vids go for the rawer they can become giving the viewer a better insight to the style and variation in which the puncher is developing when hitting to music.

Can't get on to your latest vid yet. It must be copping a few hits, I can't get a look in.
        Hey Roc. Sorry you can't view the latest video right now. Technically, I suppose it's not all that good, but I like to think that ARTISTICALLY, it's great! And the camera angle captured some cool-looking moves...especially in the last couple minutes. (Hope you can stay awake for them, it's so long!)

As for going the distance. I haven't been pounding on that big red Everlast for 9 months for nothing! It's big, but it's BAD. If that bag doesn't build stamina, I don't know what will!

I know I'll never achieve the speed of Zach or Adam, or deano (and Tim is quite the speed demon lately on that little silver bag).
        But I'm going to try my hardest to finesse the heck out of that ball. It has become my instrument, and I plan on playin' the ever-lovin' bladder out of it!

I live to speed bag.
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Roc Stone
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2007

Hey

Great fist roll
          sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• crapshoot
            • Apr 2010

If you liked the hypnotic effect you got from watching "Eighteen," you're gonna love this one! Just think...If you're having trouble sleeping at night, this "feature-length" video just might be the medicine for your insomnia!
            Well, MadameMesmer, it was a great vid. I could watch that all night or day long if it wasn't so exhausting

Great routine and timing. And, I love your board!

Comment

• The Baggist
              Vert Baggin' Master
              • May 2009

WOW Ms Dee!!! Super Cool Vid! Very nice use of dynamics, totally feeling the song and the vibe!! If I am not mistaken you haven't even been at it for a year have you? Very Impressive!

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

Back in the 1990's I took home a video from the library, it was a strange training video with repetitive slow motion images of Marshall Holman bowling strikes with a perfect form, over and over again. I don't even bowl, but I found those sequences a mind-blowing eye-candy ballet.

This latest video of yours does much the same for the speed bag. I really like the lighting in this one and the mystery bagger with arms in black. Is this heaven? No, it's Seattle. Keep developing this art form, you are onto something special.

Dee, after the "Eighteen" video, I was going to recommend you try a longer piece like The Doors Light My Fire, but heck, that song is almost too short now, hypnotic, but a mere warm-up piece compared with where you're headed.

Great little movie, Dee. Butter the popcorn, dim the lights, and prepare to be transported to Bagway, Alaska or some other exotic little place.
                Last edited by paranday; 07-09-2010, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
                  Hey

Great fist roll
                  Thanks.

It always makes my day to hear from you, Roc.

Originally posted by crapshoot View Post
                  Well, MadameMesmer, it was a great vid. I could watch that all night or day long if it wasn't so exhausting
                  Oooo... Madame Mesmer. I like it! Glad you liked this last one... and, I figure it'll either "make you or break you" as far as becoming a Pat Metheny fan! I hope my interpretation of that song came across in the SB-ing. (I might be "out there" ... but I think this 9-minute song has an eroticism about it... the beat, the way the music builds throughout, etc. sorry. Just my (feminine) take on the song... is this TMI?

Originally posted by crapshoot View Post
                  Great routine and timing. And, I love your board!
                  I love my board too!!! Trainer Raul has been building free-standing platforms for years, and has it down to a science. The rebounding qualities are excellent due to the fact that it's a thick plate of steel.

I'm very curious about aad03's platforms – he has a couple that he designed and constructed and I think they're fiberglas. They look like they have good rebounding qualities. Very chic-looking platforms, I must say. And, then there's that fabulous lakefront as a backdrop. Must be sheer bliss to bag away on the waterfront like that... (BTW, congrats to aad03, he now has the designation of "Senior Member" on the forum.)

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
                  WOW Ms Dee!!! Super Cool Vid! Very nice use of dynamics, totally feeling the song and the vibe!! If I am not mistaken you haven't even been at it for a year have you? Very Impressive!
                  Thanks again, Daniel. Yes, I was definitely feelin' something when I did this vid...

I've been at it for about 9-10 months now. I think it will be a year in the middle of August.

I should mention that I have had the good fortune of having an "in-house" trainer and thus, I've had some expert advice here on the homefront. And, then there's the fantastic platform I get to use – any time of the day or night (no neighbors close by). Raul's been pretty supportive of my passion, too. Although, there are some nights when he'll call me on my iphone out at the garage and beg me to come in for the night!
                  I got it bad, I tell you!
                  Last edited by MsDeville; 08-17-2010, 02:13 PM. Reason: correcting typo

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Speed Bag Heaven...

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                    Back in the 1990's I took home a video from the library, it was a strange training video with repetitive slow motion images of Marshall Holman bowling strikes with a perfect form, over and over again. I don't even bowl, but I found those sequences a mind-blowing eye-candy ballet.

This latest video of yours does much the same for the speed bag. I really like the lighting in this one and the mystery bagger with arms in black. Is this heaven? No, it's Seattle. Keep developing this art form, you are onto something special.

Dee, after the "Eighteen" video, I was going to recommend you try a longer piece like The Doors Light My Fire, but heck, that song is almost too short now, hypnotic, but a mere warm-up piece compared with where you're headed.

Great little movie, Dee. Butter the popcorn, dim the lights, and prepare to be transported to Bagway, Alaska or some other exotic little place.
                    Very flattering comments, Jim. Thanks! I'll have to listen to the long version of Light My Fire and see if it "moves" me! Jeesh, I'm afraid I'm old enough to remember when that song first came out on the radio. Of course, I was just a youngster...

Comment

• atgatt
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Nov 2007

I've been away from the forum a bit due to a HEAVY work load and travel, so I'm behind, but, I often want to see MsDeville's vids because of the taste in music (and most are great songs I never heard), and the various camera angles along with the most comfy bagging environments.

Alan can jam with the beat and keep you watching him just from that, and you have a good beat yourself, along with the ladies touch of a "comfy setup".

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
                        I've been away from the forum a bit due to a HEAVY work load and travel, so I'm behind, but, I often want to see MsDeville's vids because of the taste in music (and most are great songs I never heard), and the various camera angles along with the most comfy bagging environments.
                        I hope my vids bring you some relaxation after a heavy workload... I know they can put ME to sleep when watching them!

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
                        Alan can jam with the beat and keep you watching him just from that, and you have a good beat yourself, along with the ladies touch of a "comfy setup".
                        Thanks, atgatt. Alan is definitely the Man's Man of Speed Bagging. I will most certainly settle for the "lady's touch..."

Comment

• Biff
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Wow, Dee, excellent job. I just watched the entire 9:13 clip; you had some very nice punching going on. I liked the FDP to RDP rotating your fists, the D-DES followed by a FCP, and you nailed the continuous RDP.

it was a very smooth, melodic, soothing rendition. AND you had enough gas left in the tank for the final F-Roll at the end. I loved the slo-mo of the bag and the fade out at the end. Not only a great bagger, but a pretty good videographer as well.

5 bags.

Comment

• metaldad
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2007

Another top notch video MsD! I know I have some Pat Methany hiding somewhere since I'm into checking all types of Guitar Players. If not then definitely something he collaborated on. Your board rules the roost! Your hitting is really getting to another level!
                            sigpic

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                              Wow, Dee, excellent job. I just watched the entire 9:13 clip; you had some very nice punching going on. I liked the FDP to RDP rotating your fists, the D-DES followed by a FCP, and you nailed the continuous RDP.

it was a very smooth, melodic, soothing rendition. AND you had enough gas left in the tank for the final F-Roll at the end. I loved the slo-mo of the bag and the fade out at the end. Not only a great bagger, but a pretty good videographer as well.

5 bags.
                              Thanks, Biff! From about 6:52 to 7:16 is one of my favorite so-called "passages."

I've been possessed since returning from the land of Speed Bag Oz. Who knew it was in the quaint town of Keyport, NJ!

Videography runs in the family... guess I picked up a few skills from my little brother as well as my son. Thanks for the 5-Bag Rating!

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                              Another top notch video MsD! I know I have some Pat Methany hiding somewhere since I'm into checking all types of Guitar Players. If not then definitely something he collaborated on. Your board rules the roost! Your hitting is really getting to another level!
                              I have to give credit to Raul, as well as my board... it has helped me a lot over these past several months of practice with its great rebounding qualities. It is definitely a unique set up.
                              Trainer Raul has been thinking up relatively easy ways (yeah, right! ) to put up one in a basement or garage. The hardest part might be getting the sheet of steel cut down to a circle or square. Put a metal pole a few feet into a concrete floor. Then, a little welding of rebar on the top plate for support, connect the drum to a metal post... a piece of cake. sure...

Comment

• metaldad
                                Speed Bag Guru
                                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

I have to give credit to Raul, as well as my board... it has helped me a lot over these past several months of practice with its great rebounding qualities. It is definitely a unique set up.
                                Trainer Raul has been thinking up relatively easy ways (yeah, right! ) to put up one in a basement or garage. The hardest part might be getting the sheet of steel cut down to a circle or square. Put a metal pole a few feet into a concrete floor. Then, a little welding of rebar on the top plate for support, connect the drum to a metal post... a piece of cake. sure...
                                Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh...........I'll get right on that LMAO! As soona s learn how to weld, cut and shape metal and get permission to dig up my garage floor/basement........sure no prob!
                                sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...