• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag Seaweed Man
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2015

Green Day

Punch drum to a song by Green Day.

I had the volume too loud on the music and it drowns out the bag beat. Ah well, plenty to work on. Like getting to the punch a bit sooner when I go from a single punch to a double or triple punch hitting on the beat. Starting to get a feel for it. Punch drum = Punch fun.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
    Punch drum to a song by Green Day.

I had the volume too loud on the music and it drowns out the bag beat. Ah well, plenty to work on. Like getting to the punch a bit sooner when I go from a single punch to a double or triple punch hitting on the beat. Starting to get a feel for it. Punch drum = Punch fun.
    exactly. You will find there is a certain touch to adjusting music volume and videoing your punch drumming. The faster you have to punch for a song, the harder you will be punching and the louder your bag beat will be. You can also adjust that by the bag size you use. For instance, in this video you are using the yellow 8x5 bag. With the same song, change to that red 9x6 (I think) hanging on the wall and you will notice that music is probably not to loud for the video, for your bag beat will now be louder, since you will have to punch that larger bag a bit harder to keep up with the music.

You can also adjust your bag air a bit. If you want to get a harder punching workout to that song using the yellow 8x5 just let a bit of air out which will deaden the bag a bit, make you punch harder, make the bag sound louder and a bit flatter sound.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rehamco1
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2013

Loved it like the song too a nice beat You are getting really good Punching to music puts me in the zone bag on

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...