• Dec 2017

Trying spins!

Great job if you ask me!

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Davidlwilkie View Post
      Exceptional control and mix of combinations. I like how you mix fist rolling directions. I'm envious of the body spins (versus bag spinning) because I never really focused on that AND it is particularly hard to do "ON BEAT." We do have a few baggers, (Matthew and TommyT) that can nail them and it's very entertaining to watch. You're right up there with them. Your progress is really amazing! are you spending a lot of time under the board.....

Unfortunately it was difficult to hear the bag beat TO the music for it seems like the music playing was interactive to your bag sound, getting soft when you punch and then came up loud enough to hear when you stopped.

Maybe that is a phone technology thing? I don't know. I have never used a cell phone for my music source. Personally I have always used some type of dedicated CD player that does not react to the ambient sounds in room. I have no doubt you were ON beat because of your past video's which demonstrate great beat control, I just couldn't really hear it on this one.

That was a cool song from what I could hear of it. I love punch drumming to that kind of music also
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Davidlwilkie
        • Apr 2017

Yes sometimes I edit the video with movie maker and re add the sound. The issue is the louder the bag the less the camera picks up the music. I will fix them eventually. I spend about an hour a day at the bag. Would like to spend a lot more but I work 40 to 60 hr weeks and have 3 kids and a wife. I love watching Tommy and Mathew's videos and I appreciate the compliment but I am sure I have quite a ways to catch up to them. I wish I knew some more about music. I think things would be easier for me then but I still love it. Only been bagging about 3 or 4 years. Hope it never gets old.
        Just tightened up my platform a little and got the movement out of it so I will be making more videos soon. Do you know anywhere there might be a video on the footwork for spins at the bag? Thats the hard part for me .consistent form.

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Davidlwilkie View Post
          ... Hope it never gets old...
          I've been hitting the speed bag for 40 years now. Its old. And its still fun. And I will never quit.

-Rusty
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2017

40? whoa now .. I am just right at a year. Joined the board Jan 21 '17.

At my age though, I will not make your 40 mark, but maybe another 20 . Yuck Yuck

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
              I've been hitting the speed bag for 40 years now. Its old. And its still fun. And I will never quit.

-Rusty
              Yep, I'm on 44 yrs myself. Wow...I'm older now than I've ever been. How did this happen?
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                Yep, I'm on 44 yrs myself. Wow...I'm older now than I've ever been. How did this happen?
                You were born at a very young age....
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                  You were born at a very young age....
                  Exactly. Believe it or not, I started out as a child.
                  Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...