X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aad03

• Jan 2010

Trying Out The Cage

Couldn't wait, I had to mount a Balazs and give it a go. More stable than I expected, very pleased; and can't wait to put it to use with some more baggers.

• Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
    Couldn't wait, I had to mount a Balazs and give it a go. More stable than I expected, very pleased; and can't wait to put it to use with some more baggers.
    Looks good Plenty solid. THere will be a little bit of movement, especially when you get 6 people bangin' on it, but that's ok. You'll notice in the majority of the SPEED B.A.G. 2010 clips the rack is moving quite a bit. It doesn't affect things much.

Comment

• The Baggist
      Vert Baggin' Master
      • May 2009

Great job. Maybe consider changing your handle to the Speed Bag Craftsman.

Comment

• sparrky37
        • Jan 2010

Can't wait to see you and Brian tearin it up! Your gonna have blast hangin with Brian, he loves to hang and share the bag. Great work!

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Hey, how high up should I mount a platform for vertical bagging? From the SB 2010 video, it looks like the swivel is about 24" off the ground, more or less. Tim, Brian, what do y'all think?

Comment

• crapshoot
            • Apr 2010

I would go for bar stool height but that's where my mind is at right now

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

A suggestion for vertical bag placement

Hey aad...
              I'm not sure how far up from the floor Skunk and Tim(?) mounted this at SB 2010, but, as you can see from this video, it looks like it would have been perfect if it were just a few more inches up from the floor...

Skunk is lying on his back on one of those weight lifting benches (are they a standard height?) and he had to hold his head off to the side a bit to keep from getting whacked in the nose. (And, it was definitely cool to watch him hitting it lying down!)

And, when the guys were hitting on it while standing over it, it looks like most of them had to bend down a bit to hit the bag. (I'm 5'3", so it was perfect for me! )

By the way...
              Nice job on the cage!
              sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

I'll probably drill 2 sets of holes for the vertical platform, so it will be somewhat adjustable.

I also may put some planks across the top of my cage, add a ladder to the side and start sleeping up there.

Jk, but seriously, my girlfriend thought I was building bunkbeds until I finished and explained what a Speed Bag Cage was.

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Aaron, nice demo. Looks pretty solid, not really much movement of the rack.

Nice punching, too!

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Hey, how high up should I mount a platform for vertical bagging? From the SB 2010 video, it looks like the swivel is about 24" off the ground, more or less. Tim, Brian, what do y'all think?
                    24" is going to be a pain in the back. Mine in the garage is at 33.5" and is quite usable. I'm 6'1" or thereabouts. Remember you've got to be able to RSP on it, so you can't have it TOO low.

I can do my 4 way elbow magic on it I might do a vid tonight, if not tonight will be this weekend for sure.

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Awesome job! Solid. Did you day You're in Houston?
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Yep, I live in Houston, but spend most weekends in Conroe.

The vertical platform will be up tomorrow. I built an attachment to mount it, then forgot it at work.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great stuff! The height of a vert. bag is undetermined. Skunk put it up..
                          But safe to say that is was a few inches too low. JUst don't know the height of it....
                          Originally posted by crapshoot View Post
                          I would go for bar stool height but that's where my mind is at right now
                          Barstool height....haha..
                          Yep, I live in Houston, but spend most weekends in Conroe.

The vertical platform will be up tomorrow. I built an attachment to mount it, then forgot it at work.

Comment

• The Baggist
                            Vert Baggin' Master
                            • May 2009

I've been messin with "double bagging" a regular and vertical bag for a couple of weeks now. I basically mounted the vertical bag as high as I could get it but making sure both bags can clear each other as they pass. It's kinda hard to tell from the pic but there is only about an inch clearance when the bottom of the bags pass each other. When I get a chance I have some vid to post.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• fingers
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • May 2008

Now that takes it to a whole different level!! looking forward to some video Bagist!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...