DIO TRIBUTE! RAINBOW AND BAG IN THE DARK! (ode to Ronnie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Brian, this clip is really awesome. I've literally watched it 10 times every day since you posted it. Punch drumming really does take things to the next level and gives mass appeal to what we do.

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

You should put together some of your punch drumming vids and release a Greatest "Hits" video album. I'll go ahead and pre-order my very own autographed copy. Jk, but seriously, hope to see more videos like this, I've been showing it to my friends.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        Brian, this clip is really awesome. I've literally watched it 10 times every day since you posted it. Punch drumming really does take things to the next level and gives mass appeal to what we do.
        Wow Tim! Thanks! That means a lot! That's why I love watching Alan Kahn! I go into a trance watching the bag in all its rhythmic glory!! And yes, it is so fun to get into the groove and go for it.... but mis hits suck and I probably took this 30 times to get one acceptable for the masses.... but mind you there was no practice... I just got up, got the tune, and started jammmin.....
        BAG ON!

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
        You should put together some of your punch drumming vids and release a Greatest "Hits" video album. I'll go ahead and pre-order my very own autographed copy. Jk, but seriously, hope to see more videos like this, I've been showing it to my friends.
        Thanks for showing to your friends! Very cool! It will be nice to someday see a benefit to the skills! haha.. right now it is good fun!!!!
        BAG ON!!!!

Comment

• Geronimo
          • Sep 2009

Epic!

B.T! Ive now watched this many many times now, and already commented on this video on youtube after my 1st view but man, Your EAR for rhythm is insane. Damn near 99% strike ratio on the bag all to the beat. Myself with minimal musical training < 6th-8th grade orchestra playing the bass> can see and aswell **hear how you hit. Its them skills that I don't have that impress me the most. I can learn to hit the SB, but to a rhythm like you ..... probably not ever in my life time. I'm positive if Ronnie saw this from his resting place he'd be smiling very big and rockin' out!

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Feb 2010

Just amazing!!!

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            I've just watched this again a few more times and it's just excellent. I agree with Tim., punch drumming takes it to the next level and I'm getting frustrated just trying to keep time with a metronome It's not easy

I want to get there some day though. My dad was a jazz drummer and one day I want do a dixie tune like Alan K!!

Comment

• Bruce
              • Dec 2009

Awesome, man. That sounded and looked great- what more can I say?

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2010

Great Punch Drumming!

Brian, this is a great punch drumming vid! It should be in Hitting to music, so I overlooked it in the past. I just checked it out after I saw it embedded in your reply to Markus! Thanks for postin it in that reply so current forum browser's get a chance to check it out! Great vid!
                Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
                  B.T! Ive now watched this many many times now, and already commented on this video on youtube after my 1st view but man, Your EAR for rhythm is insane. Damn near 99% strike ratio on the bag all to the beat. Myself with minimal musical training < 6th-8th grade orchestra playing the bass> can see and aswell **hear how you hit. Its them skills that I don't have that impress me the most. I can learn to hit the SB, but to a rhythm like you ..... probably not ever in my life time. I'm positive if Ronnie saw this from his resting place he'd be smiling very big and rockin' out!
                  Thanks a lot G! Like anything... start slow.. punch the basic triplet rhythm to music just like you would clap to it... Yes, it can get hectically advanced (as Novaspeedbagger is proving) and without the knowledge of rhythm, it can obviously be more of a challenge. I 'd be happy, as I'm sure Alan and Nova would be, to answer and help with any questions on getting yourself from one level to the next in understanding the rhythms of the bag...
                  BAG ON!

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
                  I've just watched this again a few more times and it's just excellent. I agree with Tim., punch drumming takes it to the next level and I'm getting frustrated just trying to keep time with a metronome It's not easy
                  I want to get there some day though. My dad was a jazz drummer and one day I want do a dixie tune like Alan K!!
                  It's not easy but when you get it, you will be all the more psyched that you did!! Look at it as a fun challenge, not as something that your competing with....It's Speed Bagging..anytime you are doing that .. you are winning !
                  haha....
                  BAG ON!

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                  Awesome, man. That sounded and looked great- what more can I say?
                  Thanks Bruce!
                  Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                  Brian, this is a great punch drumming vid! It should be in Hitting to music, so I overlooked it in the past. I just checked it out after I saw it embedded in your reply to Markus! Thanks for postin it in that reply so current forum browser's get a chance to check it out! Great vid!
                  Thanks Nova! I will check, but I don't think the Hitting To Music section was here until after this was posted originally (June of 2010)... I will go back and add some of my better clips up in that section ....
                  Thanks again! Your Punch Drumming is top notch! Blows me away!
                  BAG ON!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                    i saw this vid of yours alittle while back well not that long ago but thats some great punch drumming and i love that song. it's one of his songs i listen to as i flow the downhill trails and hit some dirt jumps with my freeride mountain bike...ralph
                    YES! It is a great Power Rock song!!!! Dio rules!
                    BAG ON!

Comment

• Heppsan
                      • Jan 2011

Really cool vid!
                      Love the ending, awesome!

Comment

• juxt
                        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

amazing punch drumming over an amazing song. It doesn't get any better than that.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Heppsan View Post
                          Really cool vid!
                          Love the ending, awesome!
                          Thanks a lot Hep!! BAG ON!
                          Originally posted by juxt View Post
                          amazing punch drumming over an amazing song. It doesn't get any better than that.
                          Thanks Juxt! It is a killer tune! I got to get some more vids up in December when I get home....
                          BAG ON!

Comment

• Grizz-Moses
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Nov 2011

Dude, I am new to this site. Been hitting the speed bag for a few years.. but this site opened my eyes to a whole new world. I have basic moves down.. but I am going to study this video over and over and over again until I get this down. Your the man and DIO freaking ROCKS. Keep rocking the bag brother.

Comment

• Grizz-Moses
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Nov 2011

Dio

sorry new to the site. this was directed toward that dude that did the DIO TRIBUTE obviously.

Comment

• paranday
                                Speed Bag Guru
                                • Sep 2009

Haha, no need to say 'sorry' here. That's a great first post.

Bag on!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...