X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimcaher
    • Feb 2010

*.mov files Canon sd 780

Struggling to learn how to use my new Canon sd780. When it sends vids to one of several Windows computers, the files are *.mov, which I believe is a Mac format. Neither Windows player nor Windows Movie Maker like them The problem presents on either a Vista or Win 7 operating system. The software that came with the camera doesn't work very well either.

Am I missing something obvious?

Sorry for a mundane question, but it's driving me bonkers.

Jim
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
    Struggling to learn how to use my new Canon sd780. When it sends vids to one of several Windows computers, the files are *.mov, which I believe is a Mac format. Neither Windows player nor Windows Movie Maker like them The problem presents on either a Vista or Win 7 operating system. The software that came with the camera doesn't work very well either.

Am I missing something obvious?

Sorry for a mundane question, but it's driving me bonkers.

Jim
    Jim - the "RAD Video Tools" is freeware that has a convertor to turn .MOV into .AVI. That may solve your problem:

RAD Game Tools' web page. RAD makes Bink Video, the Telemetry Performance Visualization System, and Oodle Data Compression - all popular video game middleware.

The only caveat is that I haven't installed and tried this myself, as I have Mac.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      Jim - the "RAD Video Tools" is freeware that has a convertor to turn .MOV into .AVI. That may solve your problem:

RAD Game Tools' web page. RAD makes Bink Video, the Telemetry Performance Visualization System, and Oodle Data Compression - all popular video game middleware.

The only caveat is that I haven't installed and tried this myself, as I have Mac.
      Hey Jim,

I use the AVS Video Conversion software. It works great, and when you activate (pay for it) you get access to a bunch of other converters for audio etc.

The AVS converter also lets you RIP DVD's from a single file on the DVD.

But like TIM mentions, there are a bunch of video file converters available. Most of the Freeware has limitations until you pay for it. That is why I went to AVS and I haven't found a file it can't convert. It is particularly good for converting the .flv files from Youtube.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...