• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

One man's junk......

Ok no video but with all the employment nonsense going on, it was nice to come across this: this guy that works with my brother-in-law was gonna throw this stuff out; A century speedbag stand with a Century Canvas Heavy bag(80 or 90#) and a Century speedbag. I think it's a vinyl speedbag and is 8x5. The speedbag has a few nicks in it but seems to hit decent. It also came with an Everlast chainlink swivel and 100# in weights to hold the setup in place....the irony is that I got rid of my Century stand because I wanted to hang my heavybag from the ceiling, which obviously didn't happen and since I rent that may be a good thing. I also gave away a chainlink swivel now I've got an extra one again as well as an extra heavy bag...and I only paid the guy $30!!! My gym might seem a bit cramped now but I can work with it!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by metaldad; 11-07-2010, 07:50 PM.
    sigpic
  • PIEFURZ
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Man, with all this gear you should open up a gym, provide some personal training.

Comment

• fingers
      Speed Bag Guru
      • May 2008

!!Bargain!! nice gym MD! 2 new training partners too!

Comment

• Biff
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

That's quite a haul for $30.00! Looks like the garage has truly become a gym. It also gives the kids another bag to practice on.

Good things happen to good people, MD. Bag it up.

Comment

• StevieMac
          • Oct 2010

Wow, sweet deal. Congrats!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Keep rockin' Metaldad! If you putting the time in your gym, then that's all that matters... there are others with more spacious workout places and nicer equipment that aren't getting as much done as you!

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Killer deal! $30 for all that ?????

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
                Man, with all this gear you should open up a gym, provide some personal training.
                LMAO..I wouldn't go to any gym that would have me as a trainer! Thanks for the compliment! It feels like I've come full circle with the Century stand. I had it, got rid of it and now it returns...Was meant to be.

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                !!Bargain!! nice gym MD! 2 new training partners too!
                Lol thanks fingers.. the kids love it in here. They get to be a part of daddy's world for a bit.

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                That's quite a haul for $30.00! Looks like the garage has truly become a gym. It also gives the kids another bag to practice on.

Good things happen to good people, MD. Bag it up.
                Thanks Biff! The kids couldn't wait for me to finish organizing so they could get started. I'm hoping that this winter I won't be as lazy as I was last year..Something tells me that won't be a problem..The little ones on the other hand, well we'l just wait and see.

Originally posted by StevieMac View Post
                Wow, sweet deal. Congrats!
                Thanks man!!

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                Keep rockin' Metaldad! If you putting the time in your gym, then that's all that matters... there are others with more spacious workout places and nicer equipment that aren't getting as much done as you!
                Right on brother!! I do what I can with what I got!

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                Killer deal! $30 for all that ?????
                Yep, $30.00. He was gonna throw it all out!! He didn't really want to part with it, but just didn't have the space. It was gonna be $25.00 but he tossed in the weights for 30. Lucky day!
                sigpic

Comment

• SpeedKilz
                  • Dec 2009

Great find at a great price! Enjoy it during these upcoming winter months.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Feb 2010

Wow what a cool gym you have, so much gear!!! It's great when a bargain turns up like that, something you really want. Very nice setup - I like the double-end bag, that's something I want to try out soon.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...