My new metal ballhook swivel!! Thanks Alan!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

My new metal ballhook swivel!! Thanks Alan!!

What a great time meeting Alan and Spins!!! Foreigner ruled!! Brian is a freakin' monster drummer and the Speedbag truck ruled! and Mr Alan Kahn presented me with a new swivel and an autographed copy of his book ( I have dubbed it "the Foreigner edition).This isn't video from the show or truck...just me trying out the new swivel and sneaking acouple of new tricks that Alan and Brian showed me, they have all of the pics and vids from yesterday! Everything was WIZARD! BAG ON!!

sigpic
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hey looks like it works well. I think you'll find it is easier to control than that plastic ballhook. You did great in the truck. I tried to upload some pics but they were too big. I'll have to resize them when I get back on my home computer.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
      ...they have all of the pics and vids from yesterday! Everything was WIZARD! BAG ON!!
      Sounds like you were in speed bag heaven. Can't wait to see the pics and vids!

Comment

• deano
        Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

go big fella

looked like you could fit thru the bars of a cell the way you went past the wall
        doing that 360 double pumpin fist roll,hope they had the light on for ya in the truck,wouldnt matter ,you can punch in the dark anyhow.good stuff Metal

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
          Spin Master

• Aug 2008

glad you had fun and got to meet both these cool dudes! good stuff!!!!! scissorhands!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Excellent performance MD! Your O-DES's are looking sharp and some good linking too.
            I seen the pictures from you day at the truck. It looks like you had a great time.

Vini

Comment

• Roc Stone
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2007

Nice work MD.

Had you have gone another 2 seconds you would have made the bell.
              sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• goju
                • Aug 2009

Bloody hell MD, how lucky are you fella. meeting alan / spin / bagging in the truck, watching some live music, getting the SBB and be given a metal ball hook swivel. christmas day came early for you mate.

Comment

• Tim
                  Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  Hey looks like it works well. I think you'll find it is easier to control than that plastic ballhook. You did great in the truck. I tried to upload some pics but they were too big. I'll have to resize them when I get back on my home computer.
                  I wish I could fix the forum such that it would take photos of any size and resize them down auto-magically, I'll add that to the TO DO list. It might be a memory constraint on the server. Sorry for it being a pain.

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                  What a great time meeting Alan and Spins!!! Foreigner ruled!! Brian is a freakin' monster drummer and the Speedbag truck ruled! and Mr Alan Kahn presented me with a new swivel and an autographed copy of his book ( I have dubbed it "the Foreigner edition).This isn't video from the show or truck...just me trying out the new swivel and sneaking acouple of new tricks that Alan and Brian showed me, they have all of the pics and vids from yesterday! Everything was WIZARD! BAG ON!!
                  That was totally WIZARD !!! great video. I think your ready for a smaller bag.

Sounds like you had lots of fun. The speed bag truck is a very unique experience isn't it ?

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    I wish I could fix the forum such that it would take photos of any size and resize them down auto-magically, I'll add that to the TO DO list. It might be a memory constraint on the server. Sorry for it being a pain.

Sounds like you had lots of fun. The speed bag truck is a very unique experience isn't it ?
                    I think .JPG on forum can't be larger then 293kb. Most High pixel cameras take a picture with much larger memory sizes. Most of mine were 2084 x 1600 so I had to resize down t0 800 x 600 to reduce the size enough.

Since I'm still in Chicago on my nephews laptop, I downloaded a freeware program to resize some of the photo's to upload in the other thread. Yeah, it's a bit of trouble but I figure my bag brothers gotta know as soon after as possible. I also know Metaldad wanted to see them. He's gonna love my video of Spins Solo. I took it from the 2nd balcony looking down, and you can see MD on stage right behind the scenes.
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Nov 2006

man your going to love that swivel...i seems like a night and day difference to me switching from plastic to a metal ball hook.

Comment

• metaldad
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by deano View Post
                        looked like you could fit thru the bars of a cell the way you went past the wall
                        doing that 360 double pumpin fist roll,hope they had the light on for ya in the truck,wouldnt matter ,you can punch in the dark anyhow.good stuff Metal
                        I couldn't touch Alan and Brian in the truck, but I gave a good shot anyway

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                        Sounds like you were in speed bag heaven. Can't wait to see the pics and vids!
                        You ain't kidding there brother!

Originally posted by SpeedBagScissorhands View Post
                        glad you had fun and got to meet both these cool dudes! good stuff!!!!! scissorhands!
                        Thanks scissorhands! It really was a blast!

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                        Excellent performance MD! Your O-DES's are looking sharp and some good linking too.
                        I seen the pictures from you day at the truck. It looks like you had a great time.

Vini
                        Thanks uksb! I tried to add a side double punch that Alan coached me on and I forgot to try the three punch monty Brian coached me on

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
                        Nice work MD.

Had you have gone another 2 seconds you would have made the bell.
                        LOL! Thanks I'll have to work on my cardio a bit harder Lol!

Originally posted by goju View Post
                        Bloody hell MD, how lucky are you fella. meeting alan / spin / bagging in the truck, watching some live music, getting the SBB and be given a metal ball hook swivel. christmas day came early for you mate.
                        Yes it did

Originally posted by Tim View Post

That was totally WIZARD !!! great video. I think your ready for a smaller bag.

Thanks Tim! The truck is unique! What a great idea! What a great experience!

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                        man your going to love that swivel...i seems like a night and day difference to me switching from plastic to a metal ball hook.
                        I absolutely dig it! I can't wait to get back in the garage and bag some more!
                        sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...