X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedboy
    • Feb 2006

my second clip!

hi here's my second clip! finally i punch fast!

link:http://s5.simpleupload.de/f5bc5e40d/...03-06.wmv.html

i make some combinations but i don't have the speedbag bible.....
    Last edited by speedboy; 03-31-2006, 04:33 PM.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Looking good!

You're pretty good at tranisitioning into that F-roll... I need to work on that.

You're moving fast too!
    Last edited by Tim; 03-31-2006, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Speedboy video clip 2

You do have some nice, clean fast moves with linking front to back and front fist rolling.

I notice you are always leading every combination with your RIGHT fist. It is particularly noticeable when you do a Front Double Punch (FDP) to Reverse Double Punch (RDP)

The simplest way to do this is to stick your hands straight out "through" the bag (R-L), and bring them straight back (L-R). But watch what you do. your fist order is: R-L R-L. This indicates you are rotating the fist order of your RDP behind the bag. Of course it works for you, but it is actually an advanced way to do this, and much more difficult because there is some much more hand movement involved.

It also tells me you are much better with your right hand on the bag then your left, for you are letting your right hand dominate all combinations. Notice, most of your single fist linking is right handed.

Your movements, contact, arm position and movement are fine. I suggest you work your left hand a little more and let it catch up. You're gonna be awesome when your equal.

Good job and progress.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Here's a video clip from Alan

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Video post

thanks Tim. It should help him to see the fist rotation. It happens real quick at regular speed.
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• speedboy
            • Feb 2006

thanks! its true i use too much right hand i will work with the left but at the moment i don't have a lot of power with the left

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

speedbag video

Originally posted by speedboy
              thanks! its true i use too much right hand i will work with the left but at the moment i don't have a lot of power with the left
              Power isn't as important as "control". once that hand learns the technique movements, and you can control it well, the speed and power will show up. You can't make it happen by hitting harder. Make yourself use your left as much or more than your right. Your punching will only be as good as your weakest link.

Here is a little non-bag exercise:

assume the ready position for a Front Double Punch (FDP).
              put your right fist just in front of your mouth, almost touching your lips. now place your left about one inch in front of your right. So, from your mouth, you look down and see your right fist, then your left fist (in front). The left is now the lead fist, the right will be the second fist.

now slowly extend your arms together. Do not consciously control your hands, just extend your arms together. Notice how your left fist (the lead) will end up lower at extension then your right fist. [This will also naturally happen if there was a bag in the way. the lead (left) fist will hit the bag and angle down slightly allowing the bag to rebound into the second (right) fist.]

now slowly bring your extended fists back to the start position. On the way back, notice your fist order (not fist position) will change in the Reverse Double Punch (RDP). As you pull them back, your lead fist is now the right, and your second fist is the left. That is the way a straight out, then back fist extension will hit the bag in a L-R, R-L order. It is important to realize the fist positions did not change. on the way back, in the Reverse Double Punch (RDP), the fist will hit the lead (right) fist, and that fist will clear the bag when it is on the board. the bag will rebound automatcally into your second fist.

Speedboy, if you do the above exercise you will still keep your R-L fist order behind the bag, and are only changing the Front Double Punch (FDP) order to L-R. You will not need to pull your right fist over the left behind the bag to lead the RDP.

I would make two practice suggestion:

1. you might try some single fist front to back work with your left fist to bring it up to the level with your right, which is great. Front Circle Punch (FCP) to Reverse Single Punch (RSP). straight out, straight back.

2. also work on the Front Double Punch, leading with your Left fist. in fact, try continuous Front Double Punching, like this:

L-R..........R-L.........L-R........R-L
              (FDP) ' ' ' (FDP) ' ' ' (FDP) ' ' ' (FDP)..repeat x8 or 9
              You can do both of these with and without the bag. You are practicing the movements. on the bag, only timing will need to change. the movements will be the same. This will help you learn to lead with the left fist.

good luck and good job! your learning
              Last edited by Speedbag; 04-02-2006, 12:19 PM. Reason: error in message
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• speedboy
                • Feb 2006

many thanks alan i will try this!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...