• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • REB
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2017

Everlast solid ball swivel

Here is an EverLast solid ball swivel on ebay. Some of you have talked about it on the forum.

Attached Files
  • florian 380
    • Nov 2012

looks like the metal plated ones ??

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by florian 380 View Post
      looks like the metal plated ones ??
      yep (flakes to eyes.....)

If memory serves, this was the model that led to the metal housing being discontinued and the birth of the plastic housing / plastic ball.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• REB
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2017

It appears to me to be galvanizing ( which can be removed) or wear safety glasses if you are concerned with said flaking. EverLast told me (maybe a year or so ago) they changed to plastic for manufacturing costs reduction.

By the way, you can remove galvanizing by soaking the item in muriatic acid.
        That is, if the swivel is galvanized.

Comment

• BagBoy
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2018

The seller has informed me that he will not ship outside the US. After reading what you guys had to say I guess I'm glad I won't be purchasing this swivel.
          Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• COOP
            • Mar 2018

I have one from back in the day and the ball and hooks are not galvanized, only the housing is. It could be unscrewed and taken apart if you wanted to soak in muriatic acid. I used it for many years and never got flakes in my eyes. However, I was only hitting bag away from me and not from all sides like our awesome mentors bible style.

Comment

• m.breen
              • Jan 2017

[QUOTE=REB;57052]It appears to me to be galvanizing ( which can be removed) or wear safety glasses if you are concerned with said flaking. EverLast told me (maybe a year or so ago) they changed to plastic for manufacturing costs reduction.

By the way, you can remove galvanizing by soaking the item in muriatic acid.
              That is, if the swivel is galvanized
              I have one of these. I would like to remove the galvinize. Anybody got any good tips on doing so? I guess I should get some acid and some scrap galvinized metal to experiment for starters.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...