• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
    I have the 8x5. I'd say it's good if you like a heavy 8x5, i.e. not a featherweight one. Some don't like the sensation of punching thin air, and the Rival 8x5 has enough size to it that it has a nice feel.

Compare to the Title Classic 8x5 which is a very lightweight bag for it's size.

Alan hit on the 8x5 I have while he was at my house - I swear this is the last time I'll brag about that Maybe he will chime in with his comments.
    To be honest, Tim, I didn't really hit it long enough to make any insightful or opinion changing comments. It was a nice bag and I did like it. I'll probably get one at some point in my life, for I really like the look of them. For me to really "use it" as a regular part of my workouts, I'd have to hit it to music and see how it feels.

I do remember it being a bit heavy on the hands, but you really adapt to that pretty quick on any bag when you use it for a few workouts. Currently I've been smackin' the Title 8x5 classic for the last few weeks.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• JasonDMX2
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      I've been using the Title 9x6 red bag a lot lately. Nice feel for a 9x6. And the seams between the panels are a lot less evident than a few other bags.
      Would that be the classic 9x6 or the normal 9x6?

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by JasonDMX2 View Post
        Would that be the classic 9x6 or the normal 9x6?
        When I posted that, it was the normal 9x6. The classic model 9x6 is a bit smaller and lighter.

I was using the "Normal" 9x6, a bit underinflated at the time, because I was recovering from a left shoulder surgery, and was using softer slower arm movements with little force required. It was painful to keep up with my "normal" training bag size, 8x5, (too fast) and a 10x7 was a bit too heavy on contact with my left arm. Right now, I have a classic 8x5 on hook, which has been my bag of choice lately.

But I do like the normal 8x5 (yellow) and normal 9x6 (red).
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• JasonDMX2
          • Feb 2008

Ever since I received my yellow 8x5 from title, I'm reluctant to move back to a bigger bag because I like the speed. But I think it's time to mix it up, I'll have to pick up one of those title colored 9x6.

I'm thinking of getting the Ringside 9x6 ultimate speed bag since it's only 5more dollars than the normal one. These seem more unique in shape than the other bags.

What do you think about the top contender bags? They are definitely priced right, but they seem indentical to the regular colored title bags to me. I might get a 6x4 outa their lineup though, the smallest bag I have right now is still 8x5.

Seems like there's only great things to say about the cleto reyes bags, but that's a little expensive more my tastes right now.
          Last edited by JasonDMX2; 03-08-2008, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by JasonDMX2 View Post
            What do you think about the top contender bags?
            The top contender bags are light even taking their size into account. They are made with a very lightweight leather.

Comment

• JasonDMX2
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by JERSEY KID View Post
              Thanks,Good review and reference on bags, right now I'm learning with an Everlast #4208 large bag since I'm a rookie 3 days in but I'm sure as I progress I will be looking for another bag.

That bag is what I started on also, a christmas present. Make sure you have plenty of air in it. I was using my bag underinflated and I was smashing it, but once I got used to my 5x8 I pumped the 4208 up so it was actually tight skinned and it rebounds "correctly" now. The 8x13 bag has quite the arc, but it bounces like a basketball now. I never really missed those board vibrations caused by that huge bag after switching to my 8x5 ( :
              Last edited by JasonDMX2; 03-08-2008, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• JasonDMX2
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                The top contender bags are light even taking their size into account. They are made with a very lightweight leather.

I guess I'll skip those then, I like weight behind what I'm hitting. I suppose the reduction in weight(materials) is reflected in the cost.

Looks like I'll be heading for a Everlast pro 7x4, title colored 9x6, and the ringside 9x6 ultimate.

I'll be sure to post when I get them
                Last edited by JasonDMX2; 03-08-2008, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• riqal
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2006

Since adding the lowes pine disk to my platform, I actually enjoy hitting my top contender 7 x 4. I said some pretty negative things about it previously, but with the pine disk the rebound is better and so I will ocassionally use the bag.
                  Last edited by riqal; 03-23-2008, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...