• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaja6009
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2016

Everlast Professional "Kids"

Ok thanks to a member here for a great deal on an Everlast 4201. Now I finally have assembled all of the Everlast Professional series speed bags. These are in my opinion some of the best Everlast bags ever made, especially the older version made in the USA. The older made in the USA bags seem to have even nicer leather than some of the newer Made in the USA bags.

From Left to Right:
    4202 (Made in China), 4202 Made in USA, 4201 Made in USA, 4200 Made in USA, 4200 Made in USA, 4204 Made in USA

The made in China 4202 has the worst leather of the bunch. It is pebbled and not nearly as nice as the other bags. The made in the USA 4202 has nicer leather but as you can see it is a bit beat up from age and use.

The 4201 was restored to an incredible condition by Tom here on our forum.

The two 4200's are both in good shape, but the one on the right has nicer leather and you can see its shape is a little different than the newer 4200. The older 4200 starts to get fatter more towards the top and is one of my favorite bags. Its fast and has a pleasant fat boy shape that I like.

Now my journey to find Everlast Professional Kangaroo bags will prove to be much more difficult. The seem to pop up on eBay only a couple to few times a year.
    Attached Files
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

That is really cool! That picture would make for a nice computer wallpaper. I've never hit on anything other than the modern day bags I have but perhaps someday, I'll manage to get some old classics like those.

Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

The vintage 4202 is one of my favorite bags. Very similar to the red 4213, and I'd have trouble saying which one I like more.

I can't tell from your pic, but is your vintage 4202 from this era, or earlier?

-Rusty
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
        Ok thanks to a member here for a great deal on an Everlast 4201. Now I finally have assembled all of the Everlast Professional series speed bags. These are in my opinion some of the best Everlast bags ever made, especially the older version made in the USA. The older made in the USA bags seem to have even nicer leather than some of the newer Made in the USA bags.

From Left to Right:
        4202 (Made in China), 4202 Made in USA, 4201 Made in USA, 4200 Made in USA, 4200 Made in USA, 4204 Made in USA

The made in China 4202 has the worst leather of the bunch. It is pebbled and not nearly as nice as the other bags. The made in the USA 4202 has nicer leather but as you can see it is a bit beat up from age and use.

The 4201 was restored to an incredible condition by Tom here on our forum.

The two 4200's are both in good shape, but the one on the right has nicer leather and you can see its shape is a little different than the newer 4200. The older 4200 starts to get fatter more towards the top and is one of my favorite bags. Its fast and has a pleasant fat boy shape that I like.

Now my journey to find Everlast Professional Kangaroo bags will prove to be much more difficult. The seem to pop up on eBay only a couple to few times a year.
        Awesome grouping. Those were some of the best bags ever to grace a fist. My favorite of all was 4200, 9x6 back in the day (70's -80's)

,..... later in the mid 1990's I got into the 8x5 sizes and kind of missed the 4204's when they were available.
        Last edited by Speedbag; 05-20-2018, 12:45 PM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

... The 4201 was restored to an incredible condition by Tom here on our forum....
          Actually, I bought that 4201 on eBay as new in box. And I only punched it a few times. I don't think I even put any mink oil on that one. It was perfect, like fresh out of a time capsule.

-Rusty
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            ...My favorite of all was 4200, 9x6 back in the day (70's -80's)...(
            Alan, I have a new, unused, unpunched 4200 kidskin with original red plastic bladder, made in USA, that holds air. Wanna make me an offer?

-Rusty
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
              Alan, I have a new, unused, unpunched 4200 kidskin with original red plastic bladder, made in USA, that holds air. Wanna make me an offer?

-Rusty
              your bag. Give me a price... via PM.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Bag Man
                • Jan 2011

The vintage 4202 is one of my favorite bags. Very similar to the red 4213, and I'd have trouble saying which one I like more.

-Rusty
                I'd guess later. It does not appear to be made in the USA.

Bag Man
                "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

• REB
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Bag Man View Post
                  I'd guess later. It does not appear to be made in the USA.

Bag Man
                  The Made in USA stencil is right under the EverLast stencil
                  Last edited by REB; 05-27-2018, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• jaja6009
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Dec 2016

-Rusty
                    The vintage 4202 is pretty old. The leather is different, the shape is different. I'd say it is probably from when the Professional line first started with kidskin.

Hopefully our speed bag historian will chime in with his knowledge.

Comment

• Bag Man
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by REB View Post
                      The Made in USA stencil is right under the EverLast stencil
                      I was referring to the OP's 4202 which is on the far left of his pic. There is no made in the USA stencil on that bag as far as I can tell. I thought the comparison was being made to the OPs bag which appears to me to be a newre Made in China version.

Steve

Archie Moore

Comment

• REB
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2017

I was referring to the OP's 4202 which is on the far left of his pic. There is no made in the USA stencil on that bag as far as I can tell. I thought the comparison was being made to the OPs bag which appears to me to be a newre Made in China version.

Steve

Oh....Ok. I was going by the 4202 pic shown in your post. I did not see the pic with the non Made in USA 4202...thanks for clarifying

Comment

• rdshackleford
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Oct 2016

Steve
                          ...4202 (Made in China), ...
                          where is the mystery?
                          @ArcSwivel
                          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Bag Man
                            • Jan 2011

where is the mystery?
                            Not sure there is a "mystery." I thought you were asking if your bag was later/earlier than the 4202 on the far left in the OP's pic. Obviously it is earlier as your bag is made in the USA and the other made in the China. I guess I didn't read the posts closely enough. I will try and do better in the future.

Steve
                            Last edited by Bag Man; 05-31-2018, 09:25 AM.

Archie Moore

Comment

• rdshackleford
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Oct 2016

Not sure there is a "mystery." I thought you were asking if your bag was later/earlier than the 4202 on the far left in the OP's pic. Obviously it is earlier as your bag is made in the USA and the other made in the China. I guess I didn't read the posts closely enough. I will try and do better in the future.

Steve
                              I was asking about his vintage bag, not his china bag. I did say vintage, right?

-Rusty
                              @ArcSwivel
                              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...