• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Foreigner in Texas with SpinSmashPop

Just a note to the group after a night out in Addison Texas with our own "SpinSmashPop" (The Drummer) and Foreigner.

We hooked before the show for a few hours of baggin backstage. What an awesome setup! The best equipment truck in Rock & Roll was backed right up to the main stage. (pic 1). This was great because there was several rockin' bands on before the "headliner" band (Foreigner) and that gave us a whole lotta live music to punchdrum with. We had a ball swapping off punch drum sets together in between learning a few new combinations (pic 2). I can tell ya, BT is really putting the bag beat to music with some very cool combinations, mixing all kinds of combo's. This went on for almost three hours, but then that ends cause BT has to go to work.

Needless to say, they rocked the house and Addison Texas had rock and roll night to remember.

If the Foreigner tour comes to your area, don't miss it. And if you're a bagger, try to hook up with BT if you can. He's a great guy, a very dedicated bagger and you'll probably get a night to remember. (pics 3,4,5)

* by the way, check out the song on his myspace page: "Nothing but the truth: I know the story behind it, and it's really worth the listen.

thanks, BT. I had a great time and hope to see ya in Sterling MI. at the Freedom Hill Amphitheatre
    Attached Files
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey Alan and all you baggers, I had the opportunity (and pleasure) to meet Brian this past week when Foreigner played in PA. Even though "The Truck" was not available (it was on its way to TX), we did get to spend some time bagging at a boxing club near the venue.

BT is a great person and bagger. He showed me his F-Roll and DES combination (I'm not sure how to describe it); it was very innovative and smooth. He is really dedicated to honing his skills and I predict he'll be one of the sharpest baggers very,very soon.

After the show, he took the time to meet with my family, introduce us to some members of the band, and take a few pix. I left my camera in the car , but there were pix taken that I'll post soon.

Brian's drumming skills are awesome and the entire band put on a fantastic show. As Alan said, if the tour is near you, definitely take the time to experience it.

A big public "Thank You" goes out to Brian, we had a great time.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
      Hey Alan and all you baggers, I had the opportunity (and pleasure) to meet Brian this past week when Foreigner played in PA. Even though "The Truck" was not available (it was on its way to TX), we did get to spend some time bagging at a boxing club near the venue.

BT is a great person and bagger. He showed me his F-Roll and DES combination (I'm not sure how to describe it); it was very innovative and smooth. He is really dedicated to honing his skills and I predict he'll be one of the sharpest baggers very,very soon.

After the show, he took the time to meet with my family, introduce us to some members of the band, and take a few pix. I left my camera in the car , but there were pix taken that I'll post soon.

Brian's drumming skills are awesome and the entire band put on a fantastic show. As Alan said, if the tour is near you, definitely take the time to experience it.

A big public "Thank You" goes out to Brian, we had a great time.
      I saw a few of them. You're a lot taller than you write.
      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        I saw a few of them. You're a lot taller than you write.

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Sounds like a great time was had by all. Pretty exciting getting to tour the country with a major musical act!

Comment

• Chris M
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2006

That's pretty awesome Allen, thanks for posting that!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
              That's pretty awesome Allen, thanks for posting that!
              Pretty good seats for the price, don't ya think?
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Chris M
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                Pretty good seats for the price, don't ya think?
                I'd say so!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...